• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy composers say Final Fantasy XII Remake is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK128

Of course. they won't remake a great looking game like XII lol.

after they are done with FFVIIR they will probably remake VI.

I think that or V will happen at some point (as the head director of the VII Remake has interest in remaking those games at some point after VII Remake is complete). Reception of VII Remake might have a big role in the future of FF Remakes/Remasters I think.

Been waiting on this so I can replay the game again. Ive been wanting to play FF12 again for awhile but I wanted to experience the IZJS.

Nesther

The only FF i ended up missing. Will be happy to finally play it remastered on either PS4 or Vita.

I'm assuming it'll be just like the FFX/X-2 HD remaster.

Nameless

Please remake Vaan not to like Cameron Diaz with jizz hair gel. Or just remove him altogether; Ashe is the real MC anyway.

I did an undignified screech + dance when I read this earlier.

I'll buy any and all versions, both PS4 and Vita. JPN and ENG. I'll keep my promise, Square. Gimme-gimme-gimme-gimme.

OMG YES

I need it more than life. Fingers crossed that Vita is still relevant enough in Japan for me to import a copy if I need to. Either way, it'll be mine. Oh yes.

Elios83

Wow!!
But I guess that the composers are not really into this stuff so for them remake=remaster.
Still absolutely can't wait!

entremet

There's no option to play the regular versions of X and X-2 in HD.

Misread. I thought you meant access to the International Versions, which NA didn't have, until the remaster.

I would be shocked if it's not the ZSS job system version.

klee123

I doubt it's a remake.

However, a HD remaster based off the International Zodiac Job System at 1080P/30fps is much more likely.

Capella

I really hope they don't try to redo the character models like they did for FFX...they already look pretty good.

Andrefpvs

I've never completed this game, despite starting three different files on different occasions. There's a point in the game where the story seemed to become almost non-existent, and younger me just kept losing interest.

Maybe now that I'm older I'll be able to properly appreciate this game. Bring on this remaster.

Parsnip

Wow wow wow.

If it's only on PS4 I'll be somewhat upset, and add it to the pile of games that may eventually compel me to get the system. Hoping for PC as well of course. Make it happen Squenix.

Dambrosi

Banned
bnKxqyE.png

5useJ3I.png

TsXnO5E.png

Thanks to Mcdohl for the twitter screencaps.

The phrasing heard by several people (including two gaffers that are on location) was "remake" but because I assume the composers Arnie Roth and Hitoshi Sakimoto aren't technically minded so it could just be a remaster.
(This is what I believe.)
pls be true pls pls pls

There's no option to play the regular versions of X and X-2 in HD.

Out of curiosity, any particular reason why you'd want to? I was under the impression that the International version of XII was an improvement in many aspects. (I've only ever played an hour or two of XII)

Son Of D

Definitely a remaster. At most there will probably be gameplay adjustments and maybe new models for main characters.

Out of curiosity, any particular reason why you'd want to? I was under the impression that the International version of XII was an improvement in many aspects. (I've only ever played an hour or two of XII)

The International version of XII has a job system and I don't think you can change jobs once you've made your decision. Can't imagine that will go down well with some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom