• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (TGS Trailer)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Looks so fun, but I fear it is going to bomb.

I hope while he's at whatever ball he's sneaking into, he sees an emo dude dancing with a girl and he throws them into the air. Himuro walks into the room and cries.

Just posting my initial impression after viewing the trailer. Hated the music, characters, and the gameplay didn't look incredibly enticing, so I'll pass.

Go back to the FF XIII thread.

Will do, sarge.

I still don't understand how the overall game is structured, but every individual part looks fantastic so far. It was already on my radar, but the new trailer definitely pushes it up a notch.

jeremy1456

GrotesqueBeauty said:
I still don't understand how the overall game is structured, but every individual part looks fantastic so far. It was already on my radar, but the new trailer definitely pushes it up a notch.

The game is supposedly an open world style game, but beyond that we don't really know. Lots of quick time events it looks like.

batbeg

Only been able to watch about half of it so far D: LOAD FASTER DAMMIT!

The characters all look really great and natural, just having some fun and none of the overly-serious-in-ridiculous bullshit you see from other games. I like it. The music is fantastic as usual, I love it's quirkiness :D

And the gameplay... shits happening too quick for me to tell, but it looks awesome!

Looks good, but I have a small worry. Is this developed by the Code Age Commanders team? I didn't really think about it until now.. well, unless the CAC team developed Crystal Chronicles GC.. I guess it's okay.

Gameplay looks messy but I'm sure it'll feel better when we actually play it.

Other than that its looking better and better. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

DarknessTear said:
Looks good, but I have a small worry. Is this developed by the Code Age Commanders team? I didn't really think about it until now.. well, unless the CAC team developed Crystal Chronicles GC.. I guess it's okay.

It's developed by whatever team has done the other CC games, as far as I know.

AniHawk

DarknessTear said:

I thought it was part of the old IX team.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It's like... at some point they decided to stop making a spinoff and just make a Final Fantasy for Wii.

If that makes any sense.

P.S. The game isn't even out and Layle is already the best RPG character on Wii.

Kamille

Looks incredible. Probably my most anticipated game of this year. It just looks like so much fun, and I love the game's sense of humor. Hour one.

jeremy1456

Htown said:
It's like... at some point they decided to stop making a spinoff and just make a Final Fantasy for Wii.

If that makes any sense.

P.S. The game isn't even out and Layle is already the best RPG character on Wii.

Just the best RPG character on Wii?

I'd say he seems more interesting than any other Final Fantasy character since Kefka.

MechaX

jeremy1456 said:
Just the best RPG character on Wii?

I'd say he seems more interesting than any other Final Fantasy character since Kefka.

Zack and Kefka.

But regardless, I love Layle's personality. Hopefully he doesn't end up brooding too much in the story, if at all.

EmCeeGramr said:
This game clearly needs more J-pop, Nomuratron characters and stereotypes, and turn based gameplay.
And belts

With all this throwing and picking up, he could just as easily have used a belt

Fucking Square not thinking practically

jrricky

Banned
Manned up and check out the slow website since no one put it up on tube of you yet...and the game seems to have so much variety in it, wow. After Christmas present for myself.:D

jeremy1456 said:
The game is supposedly an open world style game, but beyond that we don't really know. Lots of quick time events it looks like.
Hmm. Hopefully it's a reference to Zelda style adventure games rather than a sandbox like world with a few story triggers here and there. Either way, it's looking pretty sweet. I'm looking forward to when more detailed impressions surface.

MechaX said:
Zack and Kefka.

But regardless, I love Layle's personality. Hopefully he doesn't end up brooding too much in the story, if at all.

I don't think anyone that bitch slaps a guy for almost spilling his coffee is capable of brooding.
:p

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Hmm. Hopefully it's more a reference to Zelda style adventure games than more sandbox like free roaming with a few story triggers here and there. Either way, it's looking pretty sweet. I'm looking forward to when more detailed impressions surface.

So far, that seems what it is. A free roaming game with event triggers and missions. As well as the occasional Final Fantasy staple minigame (I think I saw a Blitzball clone in there).

jeremy1456

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Hmm. Hopefully it's a reference to Zelda style adventure games rather than a sandbox like world with a few story triggers here and there. Either way, it's looking pretty sweet. I'm looking forward to when more detailed impressions surface.

I was under the impression it was taking on a more Zelda-ish world setup.

batbeg

Okay, this is such a great trailer, seriously.

The humor is absolutely fantastic. The end with with moogle is just perfect, and you can see the more adventurous emphasis on everything, like a whimsical shonen adventure or something, complete with the dynamic sombre moments to bring it altogether. I love it.

Movement! So far we have controlling an airship (in a more literal sense than I'd imagined), controlling a chocobo, controlling a snowboard, and moving on... something in the water. Should be fun.

The art is great. The enemies particularly look great, I think; the dragons, ogres, demon wall, etc. And the classics look great as usual, too.

The graphics are great! God, I can't believe someone was comparing it to DC games -.-

So I've now watched this trailer like 5 times >.> HYPE!!

DarknessTear said:

Directed by the same director. Developed by the remnants of FFCC and FFIX teams, and whatever random additions have been made. I think.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I just love the fact that the main character is so freakin JOYFUL at the fact that he can do all these amazing things, instead of brooding or being emo about it for some reason. He's all like "FUCK YEAH, THROWIN SHIT WITH GRAVITY POWERS!"

Top Bottom