• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (TGS Trailer)

Fimbulvetr said:
I checked the gameplay story compilation trailer.

Sounds like each area has its own battle theme.

The theme in the first part of the tgs trailer is the battle theme for the desert area.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-story-final-fantasy/54105

Yeah, that seems to be the case. Which is a nice touch that every area has its own theme.

Shadowlink said:
Or it could be like how CC on Gamecube was and there is no battle music at all. It could be just the area music.

Which could also be true. We haven't really seen enough of the game yet in large bursts.

HK-47 said:
And you know who posts on GAF? You.

Thus it must be your fault by association!

And I'm typing on a computer, which you basically are.

That makes you the true culprit!

Shadowlink said:
Or it could be like how CC on Gamecube was and there is no battle music at all. It could be just the area music.

True. All I know is that the desert theme sounds better than the field and forest themes, IMO.

Fimbulvetr said:
They said they'd have references to the other CB games during an interview, hopefully that includes some remixed music.
It's the only music that has been stuck in my head from the Original CC. :lol

AniHawk

Fuu said:
I just realized that because of the release date this game won't qualify for the GAF GOTY voting thread of 2009 as Anihawk always opens it before Christmas.

I'm not doing it this year. Last year was my last year.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Fuu said:
Hmm, I wonder how it will work this year then.
Its going to be such a clusterfuck. There's going to be like 20 people jostling to make the thread but inevitably someone will jump the gun and make it a month early. And then because they weren't patient enough to wait to make the thread they won't be patient enough to actually update it (I don't think most people realize what an absurdly mammoth task Anihawk undertook). Hopefully, the admins work it out themselves beforehand.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I was browsing famitsu and I don't think these screens in particular were ever posted (this is old, it's from the Cid character update they did before Vygari's):

1rbuvc.jpg

vgiiaf.jpg

2rwn7n5.jpg

I really like the second one with Layle in the city. And Cid's face over the entrance, haha.

And Cid (same ones from the official site):

35bts2b.jpg

2i11e2p.jpg

8xvd50.jpg

Fuu

Fimbulvetr said:
Hope that train is ride-able.
It is as far as we know. I recall people who played the demo saying you could ride it and even wreak havoc inside, which would make the passengers scared.

Fuu said:
It is as far as we know. I recall people who played the demo saying you could ride it and even wreak havoc inside, which would make the passengers scared.

I think that was only referring to the magic(it floats along a track made of energy) train within the Lilty capital, and not the ones shown in these images.

As far as I know, these trains only provide a way for Layle to be run over out in the fields. :lol

Even if you can't enter I'd like you to be able to use Layle's power to get on top of the train and ride it.

Fuu

I see. At the time I was under the impression it was the same train. A shame if it won't be possible but yeah, at least we can be ran over by this one. :lol

Shirokun

I got to play this for about 20 min. at TGS. I haven't read the other impressions yet, so this may seem redundant, but what I played seemed pretty good.

There were three sections to the demo:

-The intro section that we've all already seen
-The first dungeon with the demon wall battle
-The overworld

I chose the overworld section. Exploration felt somewhat like TLoZ in the way you progress from area to area seamlessly, but it seemed a tad linear. I ended up rushing through each area in order to see as much as possible, and I obviously missed some stuff. It seems like there is a fair amount of items or areas you can backtrack later on to reach, so it may not be as linear as I think. The graphics were nice and colorful, although nothing compared to the quality of the PS3/360 stuff playing endlessly on the bigscreen next to the playing area. In terms of style, however, I'll take Crystal Bearers over FFXIII any day.

As far as control goes, it takes some getting used to, and I didn't entirely feel like I had mastered them in 20 minutes of play. Using the d-pad for camera control was not really convenient, but thankfully there is a button on the nunchaku to center the camera. I'm sure after the first hour or so, the controls would be second nature. I couldn't really hear much of the music, but the trailers probably give a pretty good indication of what to expect.

Overall, pretty fun, and definitely something I'd pick up upon release.

Shirokun said:
I chose the overworld section. Exploration felt somewhat like TLoZ in the way you progress from area to area seamlessly, but it seemed a tad linear. I ended up rushing through each area in order to see as much as possible, and I obviously missed some stuff. It seems like there is a fair amount of items or areas you can backtrack later on to reach, so it may not be as linear as I think. The graphics were nice and colorful, although nothing compared to the quality of the PS3/360 stuff playing endlessly on the bigscreen next to the playing area. In terms of style, however, I'll take Crystal Bearers over FFXIII any day.

As far as control goes, it takes some getting used to, and I didn't entirely feel like I had mastered them in 20 minutes of play. Using the d-pad for camera control was not really convenient, but thankfully there is a button on the nunchaku to center the camera. I'm sure after the first hour or so, the controls would be second nature. I couldn't really hear much of the music, but the trailers probably give a pretty good indication of what to expect.

Thanks for the impressions, forgot to find anything about the overworld.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Shirokun said:
-The overworld

I chose the overworld section. Exploration felt somewhat like TLoZ in the way you progress from area to area seamlessly, but it seemed a tad linear.

Are enemies randomly waddling around? How does combat work, e.g. is it mission based (like Crisis Core), instance based (enemies just spawn in set dungeons once you select the area from a world map or something), random battles, or free roaming enemies?

John Harker said:
1)Are enemies randomly waddling around? 2) How does combat work, e.g. is it mission based (like Crisis Core), instance based (enemies just spawn in set dungeons once you select the area from a world map or something), random battles, or free roaming enemies?

I can answer that(sorry for stealing your thunder Shirokun):

1) Some enemies are just there doing stuff, others spawn from (what look like)Miasma points.

2) You see them and just fight them if you want, run if you don't wanna fight(like FF XII). There are probably parts where you can't move on unless you fight though.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
That is one of the most diverse sets of samples I have ever heard in a videogame soundtrack, and it's definitely intentional. I LIKE.

Top Bottom