• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Dissidia NT - New Character Reveal on 09/11/18

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Name: Final Fantasy Dissidia NT
Platforms: Arcade, Playstation 4
Genre: Fighting Game (3D Arena)

Square Enix stated via a blog post on their site that the male character will be announced for Dissidia NT on Sept. 11th from the "second half" of Final Fantasy games. This would be the fourth of six announced DLC characters for the game. The previous three DLC characters announced were Vayne Solidor from Final Fantasy XII in April, Locke Cole from Final Fantasy VI in June, and Rinoa Heartilly from Final Fantasy VIII in August. Given the two month time between DLCs, we should expect this character to drop in October with the fifth coming in December and sixth in February.

What are your thoughts? I am a huge fan of the changes made to Dissidia NT from the PSP games with well over 600 hours played on the original arcade cabinet and nearly 400+ on the console release. Personally I am hoping for another villain character, possibly from XIV or XV. What are your thoughts? What do you expect? Were you ever interested in the game? Let me know below!

Pejo

I bought the game, but don't like the absence of a true story mode and the 3v3 focus. Not to mention the unlock system being basically loot boxes. If there's a sale on the DLC characters, I'll pick it up sometime.

As for who I think it could be - I'm going to say either Snow or Vivi.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I LOOOOOOOVED Dissidia games on PSP it was highly addictive for me but this game in other hand feels like a MOBA game and absolutly HATE the focus 3vs3 fights.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I wish this game, but im gonna waiting more, and besides i wish the Definitive edition incluide Rem From FF Type 0.

I own all the Dissidia games, but mostly played the first one for PSP. The new one seemed a little off to me, especially with the 3v3 focus, but it should be mentioned that I've barely played an hour of it. So kind of hard for me to commit to DLC, since it hasn't really pulled me in yet.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I dunno. Dissidia was really enjoyable on PSP, but I have yet to see anything in the footage of this game that captures the same dashy, clashy, overdramatic 90s-anime combat from the first game. Maybe because 3v3 is too frenetic? I don't know. I have enough fighting games already this gen, I guess.

mcz117chief

I LOOOOOOOVED Dissidia games on PSP it was highly addictive for me but this game in other hand feels like a MOBA game and absolutly HATE the focus 3vs3 fights.
Yeah, the PSP games are phenomenal and I would honestly just prefer to have those games on PS4, just increasing resolution would be enough for me.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I bought the game, but don't like the absence of a true story mode and the 3v3 focus. Not to mention the unlock system being basically loot boxes. If there's a sale on the DLC characters, I'll pick it up sometime.

As for who I think it could be - I'm going to say either Snow or Vivi.

Oooh Vivi! I would absolutely love to see him in glorious HD. Hell, what if it was Steiner? A bumbling knight would look super weird given the major differences in art direction.

I have a number of friends who looooooved the PSP games as well, so we play together in Dissidia. The teamwork is phenomenal and, while we would love a 1v1 mode or a proper story mode, we still enjoy the game for what it is.

peronmls

I really don't know why they haven't added Sora yet. I know it's Disney property. Dissidia was supposed to originally be with KH characters.

Pejo

Oooh Vivi! I would absolutely love to see him in glorious HD. Hell, what if it was Steiner? A bumbling knight would look super weird given the major differences in art direction.

I have a number of friends who looooooved the PSP games as well, so we play together in Dissidia. The teamwork is phenomenal and, while we would love a 1v1 mode or a proper story mode, we still enjoy the game for what it is.
Yea I was thinking of Steiner, but you hit the nail on the head, it'd be a clash of artstyles to make him look like he should. Vivi could probably reuse a lot of Shantotto resources, so it's probably easier and cheaper for them to make him.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Yea I was thinking of Steiner, but you hit the nail on the head, it'd be a clash of artstyles to make him look like he should. Vivi could probably reuse a lot of Shantotto resources, so it's probably easier and cheaper for them to make him.

With Vivi, he isn't a human character so you can easilly change him to fit the artstyle compared to the human Steiner. Though they did a pretty good job changing Zidane so who knows.

Top Bottom