• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Explorers (4 player action rpg, jobs, fight summons) announced for 3DS

Phazon

Just got announced in the latest issue of jump

- multiplayer action rpg
- take on monsters on a quest to gather crystals
- supports up to four players
- scan shows white mage, black mage, monk and knight
- relase in japan

source: http://nintendoeverything.com/final-fantasy-explorers-announced-for-3ds/

This isn't just a co-op action rpg though. This is specifically a co-op action rpg where players get together and use different job classes to fight summon monsters (read: big). Definitely MH inspired and a different direction from before.

Jamix012

So this looks like Crystal Chronicles but without a home console version paired, I'm not sure how excited I can be.

Goli

People jumped right on Monster Hunter when it sounds much more like another Crystal Chronicles.

Not really, I think it's very clear this is going after the Monster Hunter crowd since the page states that what you do in the game is repeatedly kill eidolons from the FF series. FFCC's focus wasn't on that, all those games save for TCB were much more focused on dungeon crawling.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
People jumped right on Monster Hunter when it sounds much more like another Crystal Chronicles.

I was confused at first too, but looking at the scan I can kind of get why people would get that impression.

I think they're at least posing the screenshots and the logo to be more "Your group versus the big monsters." even if it ends up playing more like Crystal Chronicles.

Top Bottom