• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy IV [DS] new scan

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Feb 22, 2007
looking good. But will I buy even though I have already gotten Final Fantasy IV for the GBA hmm...

B.K.

Jun 8, 2004
Looks good so far. I wonder when Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI will be announced.

Mau ®

Apr 16, 2005
It appears to look better than FFIII :D

I hate the discrepancy between the really cool CG models and the kiddie in game look. Be consistent damnit!!!

Oct 16, 2005
Seems like they're making them look a bit more like an adult looking in comparison to III's characters. That's good.

Pureauthor

Jun 11, 2006
PepsimanVsJoe said:
And Square/Enix continues with the wussification of Cecil. He looks like a ponce even in his Dark Knight outfit.
Well, good, it'll fit in with the general wussiness of his character.

Seems like they're making them look a bit more like an adult looking in comparison to III's characters. That's good.
FFIII's character were teenagers - these guys are all at least 25 (Rydia excepted)

Ashhong

May 10, 2007
my god it just keeps coming. would they be able to port 7/8/9 onto the DS, or is that just crazy?

Pureauthor said:
Well, good, it'll fit in with the general wussiness of his character.
This is true. But still back when FF4 first came out his Dark Knight armor was awesome, with the closed helm and everything. Sure he was a wuss then but at least his outfit was badass.

Now? They might as well replace the spikes in his armor with unicorn horns and have the helmet shaped like a giant heart. Also I hear pink is the new black(or navy blue...or whatever color Cecil's armor is these days).

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Jun 6, 2004
the big vertical line of kanji to cecil's right translates as "NEW FINAL FANTASY 4 TRANNY SURPRISE!!!!"

Pureauthor

Jun 11, 2006
PepsimanVsJoe said:
This is true. But still back when FF4 first came out his Dark Knight armor was awesome, with the closed helm and everything. Sure he was a wuss then but at least his outfit was badass.

Now? They might as well replace the spikes in his armor with unicorn horns and have the helmet shaped like a giant heart. Also I hear pink is the new black(or navy blue...or whatever color Cecil's armor is these days).
Yeah, no arguments there. The old Dark Knight outfit was awesome.

traveler

Not Wario
Oct 22, 2006
Haven't played FFIV in all my life. Was going to pick up the GBA version a while back, but then they went and announced this remake so I figured I'd wait. (I assume this will be the best version?) Does the US have a release date yet?

traveler

Not Wario
Oct 22, 2006
Dragona Akehi said:
I really wouldn't expect an english version till at least Q2 2008...
I can wait. My wallet is under a heavy enough burden this Fall anyway. Besides, aren't we getting the Dragon Quest IV port this Christmas or is that next year as well?

Dragona Akehi

Retired
Jun 5, 2004
traveler said:
I can wait. My wallet is under a heavy enough burden this Fall anyway. Besides, aren't we getting the Dragon Quest IV port this Christmas or is that next year as well?
Japan is getting it "this fall". 2008 for anything outside of that, would be my guess.

B.K.

Jun 8, 2004
I wonder if they'll be doing a special edition Final Fantasy IV DS when the game is released.

PolyGone

Banned
Feb 2, 2006
Rosa, Rydia, Kain - awesome, awesome, awesome

lovin the look of the lowpoly versions and the cg is nice too...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Jun 9, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
Looks awesome. FFIV Advance is a borked port anyway so even if you grabbed that, you'd be doing yourself a dis-service to not get the true remake.

Christine

Apr 2, 2007
I really don't want to give Square my money for this. Damn them to hell for making it look so cute.