• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy IV [DS] new scan

king zell

0.8476401187325921.jpg

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
looking good. But will I buy even though I have already gotten Final Fantasy IV for the GBA hmm...

Easily looks better than the FF3r. Can't wait.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Oh FFIV

Ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-touch me

I wanna feel dirrrrrrrrty

Thrill me chill me fulfill me

Creature o-ooof the night

<Rocky Whore> New Favorite Poster. </Rocky Whore> :D

Mau ®

It appears to look better than FFIII :D

I hate the discrepancy between the really cool CG models and the kiddie in game look. Be consistent damnit!!!

PepsimanVsJoe said:
And Square/Enix continues with the wussification of Cecil. He looks like a ponce even in his Dark Knight outfit.

Well, good, it'll fit in with the general wussiness of his character.

Seems like they're making them look a bit more like an adult looking in comparison to III's characters. That's good.

FFIII's character were teenagers - these guys are all at least 25 (Rydia excepted)

inthezone said:
It appears to look better than FFIII :D

I hate the discrepancy between the really cool CG models and the kiddie in game look. Be consistent damnit!!!
That's probably due to hardware limitations.

Pureauthor said:
Well, good, it'll fit in with the general wussiness of his character.

This is true. But still back when FF4 first came out his Dark Knight armor was awesome, with the closed helm and everything. Sure he was a wuss then but at least his outfit was badass.

Now? They might as well replace the spikes in his armor with unicorn horns and have the helmet shaped like a giant heart. Also I hear pink is the new black(or navy blue...or whatever color Cecil's armor is these days).

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the big vertical line of kanji to cecil's right translates as "NEW FINAL FANTASY 4 TRANNY SURPRISE!!!!"

PepsimanVsJoe said:
This is true. But still back when FF4 first came out his Dark Knight armor was awesome, with the closed helm and everything. Sure he was a wuss then but at least his outfit was badass.

Now? They might as well replace the spikes in his armor with unicorn horns and have the helmet shaped like a giant heart. Also I hear pink is the new black(or navy blue...or whatever color Cecil's armor is these days).

Yeah, no arguments there. The old Dark Knight outfit was awesome.

traveler

Not Wario
Haven't played FFIV in all my life. Was going to pick up the GBA version a while back, but then they went and announced this remake so I figured I'd wait. (I assume this will be the best version?) Does the US have a release date yet?

traveler

Not Wario
Dragona Akehi said:
I really wouldn't expect an english version till at least Q2 2008...

I can wait. My wallet is under a heavy enough burden this Fall anyway. Besides, aren't we getting the Dragon Quest IV port this Christmas or is that next year as well?

traveler said:
I can wait. My wallet is under a heavy enough burden this Fall anyway. Besides, aren't we getting the Dragon Quest IV port this Christmas or is that next year as well?

Japan is getting it "this fall". 2008 for anything outside of that, would be my guess.

Date of Lies said:
That's probably due to hardware limitations.
Hardware limitations don't define character ratios.
trejo said:
Btw, are 7,8,9 ports plausible at this point?
They're feasible, but as long as they seem content to remake SNES games instead their FMV heaviness would be simpler to do on PSP or the DS successor.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Looks awesome. FFIV Advance is a borked port anyway so even if you grabbed that, you'd be doing yourself a dis-service to not get the true remake.

Top Bottom