• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY IV DS SCANS !

tnw

Banned
leroy hacker said:
This feels like a terrible joke. Dark knight Cecil looks like a doll.

if they're going to remake even their good games, they need to pretty darn careful with it.

I don't like the idea of remaking this game. It's like it's going to replace the original one and make people forget about it... :(

it doesn't deserve that :(

Error said:
FFIV 2d is pretty primitive imo.

finalfantasyiv1th6.png
That's what I was thinking, like DQV, it was very famicom like. FFIV Advance was the suitable graphics upgrade though.

Eteric Rice

tnw said:
if they're going to remake even their good games, they need to pretty darn careful with it.

I don't like the idea of remaking this game. It's like it's going to replace the original one and make people forget about it... :(

What? Lol, it's a remake. If anything, it should make it appeal to a whole new bunch of people (ones who won't play 16-bit games because they're not 3D enough, lol).

It shall not be forgotten.

ZeoVGM

Banned
tnw said:

.. Dude, what?

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
FFIV was originally intended for release on the famicom, which explains why all the tile-sets look so basic. It probably needed the 3D upgrade more than the other SNES FF's.

duckroll said:
I like the fact that it's not completely SD like FFIII was. The proportions are more realistic and lends well to the character designs.

Yeah, and considering how limited is the raw power of the DS, I just hope that this will not affect the design of the environments.

Jonnyram

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol @ Nomura's Warrior of Light from FFI.
What the **** is that. COME ON!!!

Edit: oh god, Kuja too... Kuja has been Gackt'd.

Hell, the two FF I'm playing right now and next to finish.....I guess FFXII+ won't come out so hey who cares, FFIV looks better than FFIII (specially because not as chibi characters) and well I'd like to play it but it pisses me off that I'm finishing GBA port...Dissidia looks good, somehow the graphics remind me of KH though. I may give it a shot too.

There's a Tales of Fandom Vol2 article....please? :)

I have no idea what Dissidia is gonna play like...need more info on that game to pass judgement.

and FF IV for DS...Ok I played that game a ton back in SNES, skipped the GBA remakes but I'm oddly curious on this remake. Damn need more info.

Eteric Rice

Cruceh said:
Is it really smash-like? Doesn't seem that way in the scan.

That was a generalization. I'm not sure how it's going to "play," really. :) I just meant that it seems like a fighter game with FF characters. :D

jarrod

Banned
Matix said:
Doesn't seem like a DF styled game, and why would SE even deal with them again.
Just curious, it's not like Square's ever done a fighter interanlly either... a DF reunion might at least pave the way for Tobal 3 tho. :)

Nomura = good art. Stop whining. :p The Zidane/Kuja is at least a step up from the old stuff.

In game models are a different story though. They don't look as awesome as the art.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Im still disappointed, I wanted DQ4 "/

dragona got my hopes up for nothing :mad:

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
what did they do to my lovely Dragoon????????????????? Ah ****ers!

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
Yeah, this should be "This week's delicious JP mag news" and the other thread should be "This week's shitty JP mag news" again.

Totally. :lol :lol

Btw, I wonder how pissed S-E is at the moment. The Last Remnant leaked thanks to GI subscribers, and now FF13Vids totally blew their FF announcements -with- clean scans to boot.

All that's left are DQ and Star Ocean announcements. I guess Enix is better at keeping secrets than Square!

Mr YuYu

having not yet played the original FF4 i'm looking forward to this.
i allready loved FF3 and this one is looking even better. ( i just hope the story in FF4 is a little more fleshed out than FF3's story)

btw. Aurora, that girl in your avatar is just WOW. must be 1 of the most beautiful women i've (ever) seen. (post 49)
whats her name? :D

duckroll said:
Totally. :lol :lol

Btw, I wonder how pissed S-E is at the moment. The Last Remnant leaked thanks to GI subscribers, and now FF13Vids totally blew their FF announcements -with- clean scans to boot.

All that's left are DQ and Star Ocean announcements. I guess Enix is better at keeping secrets than Square!
Wait, there are new ff13 vids? :X

Cruceh

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
That was a generalization. I'm not sure how it's going to "play," really. :) I just meant that it seems like a fighter game with FF characters. :D
Should be interesting. JUS was a nice smash-like fighter. Too bad I don't own a PSP thugh.

Come to think of it, why don't we just make this thread the Square - Enix week thread, we already have a bunch of the games in it and we might as well add the others.

Pachael

duckroll said:
Does it? What do we know about it? :p

From the screen it looks like there's 12 different license boards with different job functions (eg in the screen Ashe's an archer and it seems like each character can only have one job at a time. The archer board looks like bow/arrow related licenses.

At least I think it's 'Archer'. It might be 'Bow User' ;p Anyway it's like FFXII + jobs!

Amir0x

Banned
oh...Final Fantasy IVre... DS 3D. *scratches off list*
oh Dissidia... apparently some crappy Final Fantasy fanfic. *scratches off list*

Top Bottom