• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy IX coming to PC & Smartphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

I have it on Vita now so I'll pick it up on Shtein when its cheap.

I have both PSN and original disc releases, but this one will be definitive due to the battle speed option.

The battle speed is a serious buzzkill today. I don't know who people tolerated it back in the day, let alone today.

Momentary

Banned
So which main line final fantasy games are now still missing from pc? Only X, X-2 and XII?

X and X-2 are already in the STEAM registry. So the only ones to worry about are XII and XV.

I don't see XV and Remake coming to PC though. The FF game just don't sell well enough.

MrT-Tar

So this year, we've had:

Shenmue III Announcement
Dragon Quest VII and VIII 3DS Announced for PAL and NA
Final Fantasy VII Remake Confirmed
The Last Guardian Revived
Nier Automata Announced
Suikoden III on PSN (the first time available in PAL)
Donkey Kong 64 on WiiU VC (including Jetpac)
Ni No Kuni 2 Announced
An Official Release for Mother in English
Fire Emblem If/Fates Announced
Shin Megami Tensei IV Final Announced
Dark Souls III Announced
Monster Hunter X Announced
Fallout 4 Announced and Released
Gaijinworks Localising Summon Night 5
Star Ocean 5 Announced

And now this

Fuck, 2015 was like a sweet gaming dream

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I'm awash with nostalgia just thinking about replaying this game. Like, you don't even know. Currents of it. Riptides. Tidal waves. Tsunamis.

Leviathan Wakes.

Falk

that puzzling face
They must have rerendered the trailers for 16:9, those don't look stretched to me.

If it's anything like X/X-2 HD it's a crop.

It's definitely higher resolution than the PSX version, but that was also the case with VIII's PC version when it came out.

I'd wager the higher resolution footage existed somewhere, and got touched up for this. I highly doubt it's a full re-render.

roytheone

X and X-2 are already in the STEAM registry. So the only one to worry about is XII and XV

Ah, thanks. Weren't there rumours of an XII HD? I would imagine that if that happens, it will show up on pc eventually. Also, I am 90 % sure XV will get a pc version later down the line.

Hell yes, this is my favorite FF and I haven't played it since it original came out. AND it has 3x speed. I hope this means a PS4 announcement in the future but I'm going to get it for the PC for sure.

Dunkley

XWQxhzz.gif

Day fucking one

Forkball

ONE LAST SURPRISE FOR THE YEAR OF DREAMS

It's crazy that you can own almost every mainline Final Fantasy game on the PC. I kind of just want to buy all of them just to have them.

mieumieu

The VFX have some display issues but it is understandable as it is still in development.
This is the best gaming related news for me this year! Definitely buying it day 0!!!!

Joqu

If it's anything like X/X-2 HD it's a crop.

It's definitely higher resolution than the PSX version, but that was also the case with VIII.

I'd wager the higher resolution footage existed somewhere, and got touched up for this. I highly doubt it's a full re-render.

Oh man I hope they don't release this one with better looking FMVs but cropped only :l

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I have both PSN and original disc releases, but this one will be definitive due to the battle speed option.

The battle speed is a serious buzzkill today. I don't know who people tolerated it back in the day, let alone today.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I didn't read any of the release yet but if it does have a speed up option for grinding then that would be a Godsend. I think more RPG's should have this even if it's just on a world map or specific areas.

Malcolm9

Very happy with this, I can't believe I've never really played FF IX, it came out at a time when I had moved onto the PS2.

I purchased the PS1 classic on PS3 but again I never got around to playing it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Finally.

I've got it on my Vita but I won't say no to a PC version. To think I completed this sucker on PAL.

Grief.exe

Ah, thanks. Weren't there rumours of an XII HD? I would imagine that if that happens, it will show up on pc eventually. Also, I am 90 % sure XV will get a pc version later down the line.

X and X-2 are already in the STEAM registry. So the only ones to worry about are XII and XV.

I don't see XV and Remake coming to PC though. The FF game just don't sell well enough.

I've never been more certain about a PC port than these two games. They're coming.

Pretty standard for Square at this point to release a game on consoles, then a few months later release the PC version.

FFVIIR is all but confirmed coming to PC considering it was announced with 'play it first on PS4.'
Sqaure will want to recoup their massive investment on the development of FFXV by releasing as many versions as possible. Square has done this enough in recent history to set a precedent at this point.

Even if they are 'bad' ports by PC standards, they still play better than the console versions.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I didn't read any of the release yet but if it does have a speed up option for grinding then that would be a Godsend. I think more RPG's should have this even if it's just on a world map or specific areas.

There is a hack to give the game faster speeds. It even has multiple settings.

Manu

I hope we get it on PS4. It's the only PS1 FF game I dropped because the loading times were unbearable.

dickroach

3x speed will make farming grand dragon's a breeze :cool:

I've absolutely been wanting to replay this, like... now. no release date is weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom