• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy IX rated for PS4 in Europe

Aleh

Hopefully it comes out on other consoles too. I wanna (re)play this game on everything for the rest of my life and beyond

ZeroX03

Banned
FFIX was inevitable, it was Ported to IOS and Andriod then went to PC.
FFVII was ported from PC to IOS and Andriod then Ps4.
FFVIII on the other hand only got a PC port.

if VIII gets a mobile port it will probably come to PS4 too but that doesn't seem so likely

Of course it will, eventually. IX was a bigger job for a less popular game.

SE are porting everything to everything. They're just extremely slow and like to stagger releases.

They held back the IX PC version which I believe was ready the same time as mobile. XII HD was done like six months before it released.

ASaiyan

Banned
This is probably just a port like they did with VII, yeah? That said, a full remake of IX (or VI)...do want.

For real though, why on Earth is PS1 on PS4 not just a thing?

Of course it will, eventually. IX was a bigger job for a less popular game.

SE are porting everything to everything. They're just extremely slow and like to stagger releases.

Pity they can't get their arses in gear and get the Dragon Quest games out on PS4 as well.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah....Ill buy that!

Also, why no FF VIII?

Id like to replay one of my most hated ff games. Maybe I'll like it this time?

So... where's FFVIII at SE? :/

This will be a nice upgrade though, just to help get through the slow ass battles with a likely speed increase modifier.

Despite IX being my favourite game of all time, am I in a minority in not actually trusting Square to do it justice with a 'remake' as opposed to a 'remaster'? It has one of the most radical art styles compared to any of it's contemporaries from the PS era and onward, I'd fear that visually alone they'd punch a lot of wholes in what made the game special to begin with.

demu

I shouldn't be so excited for a port. Aaaaah! Can't wait to platinum this beautiful, beautiful game.

Aleh

Despite IX being my favourite game of all time, am I in a minority in not actually trusting Square to do it justice with a 'remake' as opposed to a 'remaster'? It has one of the most radical art styles compared to any of it's contemporaries from the PS era and onward, I'd fear that visually alone they'd punch a lot of wholes in what made the game special to begin with.
You're not the only one. I don't even think the game needs a remake, it's perfect as it is and I'm sure they would screw up big time and I don't want that to happen to my baby, ever
They can feel free to redo the backgrounds in HD though.

Neptonic

8 needs to be ported more

The gift of Triple Triad, one of the best Uematsu OSTs, and the Junction System needs to be given to all

Only been announced for Japan. I know I can just buy most of them all on my phone but I'm not a fan of gaming on it.

Ah, yeah, hopefully they're localised once DQXI comes over. They're based on the mobile versions and those have already been localised, so it shouldn't be much extra work.

nelo_inc

Is this much better then the PS classic already on the store?

Sadly I still need to play this,but have already bought the PS1 version for playing on my VITA.

Koozek

I'm into this, but for the love of god can we please get FFVIII in the same way VII/IX have been ported? With speed boosts and all that shit.
Why does FFVII on PS4 have Boost Modes, but not on Steam, and FFX HD on Steam, but not on PS4!? Why can't they be consistent, ugh.

Voror

If it's the PC one then I'm all for it. I really liked the version they put up of VII for PS4. Being able to do stuff like speed up the game or shut off random encounters was great.

I'll agree it seems odd to release this one first though since if I recall, VIII had a similar remaster released for PC.

iosefe

Sadly I still need to play this,but have already bought the PS1 version for playing on my VITA.

assuming the PC version, resolution should be improved, but due to that *background textures might not look so hot.

game boosters tho. cheats galore

Muffdraul

FFIX PS4 before FFVIII PS4?

jack-nicholson-middle-finger.gif

AdamT

Yes! My favorite Final Fantasy. The (potential) speed booster alone makes the game infinitely more replayable for me as I get older.

silva1991

If it's a port of the PC version then yes :

F1- fast speed
F2- Max VIT, MP, Trance and BTC
F3- All hits do 9.999
F4- No encounters

This ones, once activated, can NOT be deactivated:
F5- When you get new gear, you master atumaticaly the abilities it has.
F6- Character levels an crystals are at max
F7- Max Gils

Not that I would recommend using all of those. 3x speed and no encounters is a must.

Zetta

I've been waiting for this since they released it on Steam. This is an instant buy for me and I can't wait to play me some Chocobo Hot and Cold, that guy screaming "VAMO ALLA FLAMENCOOOO" is all I want to hear lol.

assuming the PC version, resolution should be improved, but due to that textures might not look so hot.

I think the textures on monsters and characters look great. You can notice all kinds of details that were too blurry the make out in the PS1 original. In the pc release its the prerendered backgrounds that look iffy. They used this ugly Vaseline filter that looks gross with the sharp 3D models. I guess they could improve it, since I found the filter they used on Bgs for the PS4 release of VII to be nicer than it's PC version.

assuming the PC version, resolution should be improved, but due to that textures might not look so hot.

Hoping, praying, awaiting disappointment, that they'll have one that lets Beatrix stay in the party.

Square pls.

iosefe

I think the textures on monsters and characters look great. You can notice all kinds of details that were too blurry the make out in the PS1 original. In the pc release its the prerendered backgrounds that look iffy. They used this ugly Vaseline filter that looks gross with the sharp 3D models. I guess they could improve it, since I found the filter they used on Bgs for the PS4 release of VII to be nicer than it's PC version.

i should clarify i meant backgrounds

Top Bottom