• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy IX rated for PS4 in Europe

NateDog

Melodies of Life pre order theme plz square
Omg yes I need this. Hope its like the VII port with cheats, 3x speed is unbelievably useful when you have limited gaming time. No matter how much I enjoy VI-VIII, IX will always be my favourite.

Phatcorns

Ahhhh yeah! Although the pc mods that make it so you don't have to wait for the atb are so good I'm not sure I'd actually play it. My favorite FF though even if it has such slow and shitty battles.

Jeels

I have been waiting for this. Def going to Platinum this one.

After this all three of my favorite FFs will be on the same console :) (IX, XII, XIV). I do still need to play VI though. Hopefully that gets a remake soon.

Shizuka

Second best Final Fantasy getting a PS4 release after the best Final Fantasy getting a PS4 release two mo the ago as well? Great time to own a PS4.

JC Lately

Got excited until I realized this will probably be a port of the PC/mobile version, so no two-player mode.

And yes I realize that maybe a dozen people worldwide care about that option, but the wife and I had a blast playing it together came out and be nice to tackle it together again on a version that doesn't look like ass on an HD TV.

Why do I get the feeling like this is coming before FFVIII because that game requires negotiating/paying for Faye Wong's Eyes on Me song?

I'm sure I'll buy this and then never get around to playing it due to backlog, just like the other FF games I bought for my Vita.

XII HD was ready six months before it released. SE release in their own time, this could be tomorrow or 2018.
Mmmm I know, but it says "Releasing September 19th 2017" on the ratings page, and it's currently September 18 in the UK so *shrug*

Not so soon after XII
I don't see the issue with it releasing two months after XII. After all, WoFF released like just over a month before XV.

Neith

Banned
Ehh yeah, I have these all on my Steam wishlist, but I really don't care. They are all dated as hell. We need remakes.

Kuni

Very nice. Never actually officially owned this one. Will permit Squennix to transact some of my cash digitally for a license.

Holmes

Pretty sure FFVIII will come too but IX is an easier port with the PC version already containing all the cheats.

FinalAres

I wonder if they'll fix up the UI. They never bothered in the PC release so, whilst it wasn't atrocious, it was clearly modelled on the mobile UI.

Byvar

PEGI's site says it's releasing today. Probably during Sony's TGS conference. Time to prepare my wallet. :)

I also hope they fix up the UI at least. It was my biggest complaint about the PC version.

PEGI's site says it's releasing today. Probably during Sony's TGS conference. Time to prepare my wallet. :)

I also hope they fix up the UI at least. It was my biggest complaint about the PC version.
Yeah, this is what I was referring to in my original post. I do hope PEGI isn't playing around, I'd love for it to drop tonight.

Played to completion (incl. all summons, optional bosses) already but it's been a long time so as long as they include time-savers (turbo speed, no encounters, etc..) I'll be down to double dip on this and play it through again.

Guymelef

PEGI "release dates" aren't actual release dates, just the day it's rated.

Sometimes coincide in some "available now" announcements like FF VII or Shadow Complex Remastered.

BasilZero

Dayum son.

I already played and beaten the Steam version which came out last year and loved it. I still have my PS1 ver too :p

Not sure if I'll buy this again on PS4 but if I do it'll be way later after I catch up to some other games.

PEGI isn't UK based, PEGI website updates at midnight in GMT+1

I didn't realise it's past midnight now, when I spoke to a friend over there he said it was still the 18th. And my apologies for assuming PEGI was in the UK, the details I was looking at were actually for VSC.

Byvar

PEGI "release dates" aren't actual release dates, just the day it's rated.
Are they? Seems to me all other FF release dates are the day they were initially planned to release (e.g. FFXV's "release date" is the original November date, other FFs are the days they were actually released).

Zetta

Hell yes.. time to relive the You're Not Alone section and I'll try not to cry again.....try.

Guymelef

Are they? Seems to me all other FF release dates are the day they were initially planned to release (e.g. FFXV's "release date" is the original November date, other FFs are the days they were actually released).

I guess is up to de publisher when it's rated on PEGI site, sometimes is on launch day, sometimes months in advance, after release, etc...

Top Bottom