• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters MAY come to other platforms ... with enough "support"

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member

(can be read in translate)

Is this considered a reverse port beg? Square Enix is a very large publisher, what's next a kickstarter for the PS5 version :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Kate Winslet Money GIF by INTO ACTION

I remember when I first started supporting these games. It was 1987. Reagan delivered his famous speech at the Berlin Wall in June of that year. I was 6 years old.

Maybe someday this niche franchise will get the support it so desperately needs to justify this budget-busting port job.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'll be honest, the thought of playing these on the Steam Deck is appealing to me, hopefully they're on discount during the winter sale.

If these were on the Switch I'd be there day one.

poodaddy

Gold Member
They're lying anyway. I remember buying the Chrono Trigger DS port at a time when I really straight up couldn't be affording games as I was broke, but I was young and naive, and Squares official statement at the time was that another Chrono game was dependent upon sales of the Chrono Trigger DS port. What a crock o shit. They were just holding the series ransom in a hope to boost sales, which probably worked. Not exactly the same thing as what they're doing here, but it's not that different either.

Square is scum, and they haven't put out anything other than trash in years.

Synless

They're lying anyway. I remember buying the Chrono Trigger DS port at a time when I really straight up couldn't be affording games as I was broke, but I was young and naive, and Squares official statement at the time was that another Chrono game was dependent upon sales of the Chrono Trigger DS port. What a crock o shit. They were just holding the series ransom in a hope to boost sales, which probably worked. Not exactly the same thing as what they're doing here, but it's not that different either.

Square is scum, and they haven't put out anything other than trash in years.
Kicker was it sold well too for a port of a game they already made their money on several times over.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
would rather have MHS2 on everything but i guess this works to...

Last edited:

Starhowl

Well I won't be "supporting" it; they're supporting themselves by releasing it on other platforms - not gonna buy the game on Android / iOS and Steam so in the end "thanks to my support" I can play it on my Xbox Series X. Seriously, what are these people thinking? (n)😤

Cravis

Well with that attitude I’ll wait for the inevitable sale on the console versions once Square realizes they haven’t sold enough on mobile and do port to try to recoup the development cost.

Mr Hyde

It's a very weird decision to keep this PC only when Square first and foremost supports consoles. In fact, holding this collection off the Switch is the dumbest fucking decision in 2021 so far.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
It's a very weird decision to keep this PC only when Square first and foremost supports consoles. In fact, holding this collection off the Switch is the dumbest fucking decision in 2021 so far.

Maybe they put some *ahem* cheaper (read mobile) team to do these ports and the console team wasn't available

FStubbs

Buy A that you don't want and you might get B that you actually want.

... lol this tactic was played out 10 years ago and the game industry has long lost credibility on this

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is not going to sell well on pc at their asking price, so we’ll see it…never?
I'm not even sure if the Switch crowd would be down for this at $15 per game.

A $59.99 collection of all six, physical Switch cartridge with no downloads, maybe...

If Square can give me a 100-200 page manual with artwork and history of the game and other shit, I'd pay 40-60 for each of these fucking games. I hate the modern physical media landscape of no manuals and no artwork and no explanation. Make this like a Criterion Collection thing or Square Master Works or something.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Fuck this company, “nooo, people on consoles will never want to buy re-released classic rpg’s, that we wont let them buy unless they first buy them on their phone?” Fucking stupid god damn dinosaurs running that company into the ground

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

Umbasaborne

Banned
Well I won't be "supporting" it; they're supporting themselves by releasing it on other platforms - not gonna buy the game on Android / iOS and Steam so in the end "thanks to my support" I can play it on my Xbox Series X. Seriously, what are these people thinking? (n)😤
This is one instance where i support piracy, fuck them.

Pejo

I didn't realize they were already up for pre-order on Steam. What the fuck are they thinking for like 75 bucks for the bundle? Are they retarded? At MOST I would be ok with 59.99 for the whole collection. Idiots.

By the way, does FF1 (pixel remaster) use MP or spell counts? I hope to god they took a lesson from the superior PSP version and put MP in.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I didn't realize they were already up for pre-order on Steam. What the fuck are they thinking for like 75 bucks for the bundle? Are they retarded? At MOST I would be ok with 59.99 for the whole collection. Idiots.

By the way, does FF1 (pixel remaster) use MP or spell counts? I hope to god they took a lesson from the superior PSP version and put MP in.
Just be glad they’re not charging $20 for each of them. Hell they might try that on iOS.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I can't be the only person who hears this "if there's enough demand," talk from these whimsical coy Japanese devs and think "yeah, this is already ready for multiplatform they're just stretching it out to make a steady flow of money over the entire year/couple of years,"

Could be completely off, but it's just in line with the old school methodology of treating game development like it was Santa's workshop over there.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Holy shit, I just realized the release next week (which is $75 on Steam) is just the first THREE games.

FFIV, V, and VI don't have release dates yet.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Holy shit, I just realized the release next week (which is $75 on Steam) is just the first THREE games.

FFIV, V, and VI don't have release dates yet.

I am really looking forward to reviews. I'm guessing this will be by default the definitive version of FFIII if you want to play in 2D.

Top Bottom