• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negator

Guess I'll attempt the stage after the Dinosaur boss that killed me. No boss there.

EDIT: Instant death attacks can get fucked to death.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, this is stupid. Clearly not balanced for what is actually available. Why would they put this here? So you'll waste stamina on it and buy more?

I mastered it with intense save scumming and Quake/Summons

Vorpal

LigEDtnl.png

Just got a Large Scarletite drop from a Vector Chimera. Seems be around the same drop rate as 4* orbs, but I'll take it!

Yogg

LigEDtnl.png

Just got a Large Scarletite drop from a Vector Chimera. Seems be around the same drop rate as 4* orbs, but I'll take it!

Yeah it seems to be a similar drop rate. I did 4 whole runs yesterday and got 2 greater orbs, and I'm at 2 Large Scarcelite so far today after 3 whole runs. I love that bonus 3 scarcelites instead of gold btw.

Xetherion

So you'll burn all of your available abilities on every level and use a mythril to rest at the camp between levels.

Camping is a waste of mythril, use mythril to restart when you die on the boss. You not only get fully healed but you also get temporary buffs that raise stats or GIVE YOU MORE USES FOR ABILITIES! There was a guy on reddit who said he eventually mastered the Iguions after spending 4 mythril and getting up to +4 uses on abilities so he was able to cast Quake 6 times.

Roto13

LigEDtnl.png

Can't get too excited about 4 star scarletite. My one run through the daily was enough to max out the levels of the rest of my weapons. :p

Vorpal

Can't get too excited about 4 star scarletite. My one run through the daily was enough to max out the levels of the rest of my weapons. :p

Nice! I'm trying to max out a 20/25 Judgment Staff so the 4* scarletite is a much appreciated gil saver.

Chupon is an awesome name.

In Spain it means "sucker", in the literal sense of "one who sucks", "suck" in this case meaning literally "to siphon". Which is ironic for someone most know by blowing... I mean, exhaling. Man, English sure is full of slang and double meanings.

Camping is a waste of mythril, use mythril to restart when you die on the boss. You not only get fully healed but you also get temporary buffs that raise stats or GIVE YOU MORE USES FOR ABILITIES! There was a guy on reddit who said he eventually mastered the Iguions after spending 4 mythril and getting up to +4 uses on abilities so he was able to cast Quake 6 times.

Interesting, didn't realized the buffs stacked the more mythril you spent. That actually makes the idea of gemming hard fights appealing. Well, insofar as giving in to their ploys to get our money can be considered appealing. Maybe I'll do it if there's a really good reward behind a level., like a memory crystal or something.

Xetherion

Interesting, didn't realized the buffs stacked the more mythril you spent. That actually makes the idea of gemming hard fights appealing. Well, insofar as giving in to their ploys to get our money can be considered appealing. Maybe I'll do it if there's a really good reward behind a level., like a memory crystal or something.

Yeah, the rewards aren't really worth it this time around. You don't have to spend money though, you can just keep a reserve of mythril saved up. I might start waiting until i have 60 mythril before I do 11 pulls, just so I always have at least 10 mythril on reserve.

On another note, I think I just found a good spot to farm 2/3* power orbs. South Figaro Cave Elite drops them a lot, both Lobos and Megalodoths drop them. Room 1 would probably be the best spot to farm as it has rounds with 3 enemies, all the other rooms only have 2 enemies per round.

And yet another note, I just got a Mythril Dagger (IX) from the boss of Solitary Island Elite. There's not much gear from IX available so it might be worth farming some to prep for when IX events are released.

SougoXIII

Oh my god, I'm actually running out of gil. This game is burning through a digital and IRL pocket.

This is clearly a work of the devil and must be purge.

Thought about burning some mythril to flan grind more, but decided against it. Grinding flans is just so tedious even while doing other things. Nobody is at 50 yet though most characters are 30+

SunGod

TALBgwOl.png

Done with the flan festival, got everyone but the characters in my current team up to Lv50 :) I know it's going to be useful to get Black Mage up to Lv50 but I figure I'll actually use him from now on and will get the EXP that way.

Just waiting to restore some stamina so I can take on the daily heroic dungeon and then I'm off to sleep. I hope they announce the new storyline dungeons soon!

Razmos

Thought about burning some mythril to flan grind more, but decided against it. Grinding flans is just so tedious even while doing other things. Nobody is at 50 yet though most characters are 30+
Yeah I got most of my named characters to around 35 and got Rydia to 45, I'm pretty happy with that.

I didn't have the patience to grind them, not with the slow menus on android.

Looks like I'm done with flan farming. Ran out of stamina with black mage and summoner at level 48. At least they're high enough now that I can just drag them along to heroic dailies and squeeze out the last 2 levels. My full set of 40+ characters now is:

Cloud: 50
Terra: 50
Cyan: 50
Sephiroth: 50
Aerith: 50
Wakka: 50
Kain: 50
White Mage: 48
Black Mage: 48
Summoner: 48
Rydia: 46
Tidus: 44
Rinoa: 43
DK Cecil: 40

Not bad I'd say, especially considering I only did about 2 days worth of serious flan farming, not as much as some people.

sasliquid

Did my first 11 relic draw. Got 2 5*s, 1 4* and the rest 3*s. Alright I guess, still no character special weapons of the about 5 gold items I've now got but I've got two pieces of genji gear.

Road

Damage exploit found on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/35rgpg/vit0_exploit/

Still trying to understand how it works. Edit: It seems it's really only effective with Dispel, which we don't have yet.

On another note, I think I just found a good spot to farm 2/3* power orbs. South Figaro Cave Elite drops them a lot, both Lobos and Megalodoths drop them. Room 1 would probably be the best spot to farm as it has rounds with 3 enemies, all the other rooms only have 2 enemies per round.

Gonna need to try that. I did a few runs at elite Underground Waterway and got more power orbs than lesser...

Worst thing is lesser power orbs are terrible to get from the daily dungeon as well. I need like 200.

Shahed

Celes event just ended as I was in the middle of it. I was hoping to burn 60 Stamina on the Flans before I went to sleep! Now not sure what to get instead.

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh it just kicked me from the dungeon while I was Flan Grinding. Oh well, Celes event is over now.

I want Squall next but I'm guessing Lena is the next event.

Also new announcement! Final Fantasy III, VIII and XIII realms are coming. Also new abilities.

Falk

that puzzling face
New abilities oh God yes.

I need to thank someone (myself) that I didn't blow my stash of orbs honing JUST yet...

SunGod

Damage exploit found on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/35rgpg/vit0_exploit/

Still trying to understand how it works. Edit: It seems it's really only effective with Dispel, which we don't have yet.

Say a boss has 100 def, you cast protect on it which doubles it's defense to 200, then use armor break which halves that defense back to 100, however it still has protect on which is giving it +100 to defense, and dispelling that protect reduces it back down to 0 (or 2, as the poster suggests)

I think that's what the poster is saying...

New dungeons announcement oh god yes.

New abilities oh God yes.

I need to thank someone (myself) that I didn't blow my stash of orbs honing JUST yet...

Woohoo!

Shadow780

Took me like 35 resets but finally beat Elite Magissa&Forza, man that was harder than all the bosses I've cleared so far.

Just one more Realm to go (VI), woot!

Falk

that puzzling face
rofl this shell/breakdown shenanigans.

Best part is how it's 'fixed' in Japan by giving later bosses immunities, so in all likelihood it's not gonna be fixed in US until those bosses start showing up.

(Unless DeNA pulls a dick move and retroactively adds immunity to bosses)

Roto13

How long after the last new dungeon announcement did it take for them to get added?

Took me like 35 resets but finally beat Elite Magissa&Forza, man that was harder than all the bosses I've cleared so far.

Just one more Realm to go (VI), woot!

That's the hardest boss in the game outside of events, so you're probably good to go.

Second hardest boss is Vargas though.

Road

Please be Squall.

It's not an event, it's the new classic (and elite) dungeons. All new characters from this update are in the character profile in the help menu.

It seems with this update Dena/SE started to become more stingy:

- no equipment as stage reward;
- no stage reward with more than 2 stamina shard;
- stages where you get new characters don't give you mythril.

Wonder what abilities they'll add, though. It seems we haven't been following Japan exactly for them.

Tybolt

Banned
Do events eventually repeat, or what? I finally decided to try this and I'm a bit disappointed that I've apparently missed out on a bunch of characters.

Falk

that puzzling face
Do events eventually repeat, or what? I finally decided to try this and I'm a bit disappointed that I've apparently missed out on a bunch of characters.

The characters are re-recruitable down the line.

How long after the last new dungeon announcement did it take for them to get added?

Was a couple of days. A more consistent prediction would be 6 days between each update though. Last batch of paintings -> Lethe -> Magitek -> Sorceress have all been 6 days apart i.e. the day of the week moving backwards each time.

Hence proooobably: (don't shoot if wrong)
t1431651600z0.png

T-rex is no joke on Elite. I am struggling just to get to him and then getting whooped. I hope we get some FFVIII gear with tomorrow's update.

thedan001

I got everyone except Ranger to lv47+

I cleared Rinoa's event in classic, and mastered the first 2 stages in Elite

I'm gonna farm orbs/hone abilites and wait for the new dungeons before I tackle mastery in Rinoa's elite event

Falk

that puzzling face
Not going for the Iguions?

I think I could do it if I blew a camp before Iguions themselves. 2x casters with 2 shots of Quake each (which also makes the trash manageable lol).

First turn: Mental Breakdown on one, Power Break on the other, Boost on Cloud, Cloud retaliates, healer casts Kirin

Second/third turns:, spam 4x Quake, Cloud uses Bladeblitz, others finish off the low HP one (which got hit by Bladeblitz, 4x Quake and Mental Breakdown, should have ~15k HP left).

If that works and no one dies or gets stoned in the process, it's probably a home stretch to kill off the other since it already has Power Break on it.

Just a little scary to blow a Mythril to camp since that kinda sets a precedent going down a very slippery slope, since Mythril is such a finite resource. I mean, yeah, if you clear/mastery it you get 1 or 2 4* Summon Orbs, but it's still a huge risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom