• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunGod

Okay I've been thinking about this for a while, and I've decided to stop playing this game. I really enjoyed it at first with the whole nostalgia, recruiting characters I like and doing the paintinge in different worlds. But now that I'm over that, i feel all I'm doing is grinding and farming, the two absolute things I hate most about RPG's, the whole monotonous nature of those and the RNG systwm as well. Another problem is due to the Stamina system I find the game takes up too much of my day. Making sure to empty my stamina before I sleep, and again as soon as I wake up. Thrn there's even times during work I feel the need to burn some. Heck when I go out for a meal or to the cinema with friends, stamina is one of the things I think about! If there was a way to spend say £40 and.get unlimited stamina, I would have done so, but I can't be bothered anymore.

Sad to hear, this is definitely one of those games where it's difficult to go all in as it needs to be played almost all the time (every 4 hours at the moment) to get the most out of it.

Having said that the longer the game goes on the larger our stamina bars get and the less frequently you HAVE to play them, if that makes sense. After the new story dungeons are unlocked and we've cleared them all we jump up to 100 max stamina I believe.

Looks like you've probably already given away your account, but if not it's worth thinking about.

Cool I'll try it again after tomorrow. Also thinking about getting hold for white mage. I know he can be paralyzed, and i can get hold up to 8 uses right now. Does poison last forever or does it wear off?

Poison lasted longer than blind for me (which is 90s or so I believe) and quite possibly lasts forever.

Meneses

I dont know if it lasts forever but Poison stuck near the beginning of the round and lasted a looooong time for me, I actually killed the T-rex when the Poison effect ticked.

I couldn't get blind to hit though, so only Cloud survived (Retaliate + Buster sword was crucial for me), might try it again later to see if I can get Mastery but I doubt i'll bother too much with it.

I dont know if it lasts forever but Poison stuck near the beginning of the round and lasted a looooong time for me, I actually killed the T-rex when the Poison effect ticked.

I couldn't get blind to hit though, so only Cloud survived (Retaliate + Buster sword was crucial for me), might try it again later to see if I can get Mastery but I doubt i'll bother too much with it.

Nice. My main question about poison was whether I needed to hone my Venom Buster. But with 2 strikes and a very high proc rate, it sounds like I should be ok without honing it.

Meneses

Nice. My main question about poison was whether I needed to hone my Venom Buster. But with 2 strikes and a very high proc rate, it sounds like I should be ok without honing it.

Poison has actually been hitting pretty often for me, 2 strikes is probably enough. And you can always reload if it doesn't stick at all.

Falk

that puzzling face
If you have nothing else to use the 3* orbs on, might as well hone Busters just for their DPS value.

satori

I just used good ol poison spell. But I believe poison last indefinitely? Anyways it was ticking for 2k+ per tick on Trex. Well above any damage beside my Blizzard abilities. For me at least landing Blind is key. I was able to unload all my Spells and his counter majority of the time missed to the point where my healer still had like half her heals left.

Roto13

Heroic Gil dungeon has an enemy with an attack that lowers your entire party's HP to 1.

I'm losing patience with this game.

What are you even supposed to be able to do about this? It apparently just ignores defense and resistence like a Gravity attack. If the enemy uses it, you just can't get mastery. That's it. Sucks to be you.

You only really need to get mastery the first time though. Just S/L through it, get mastery the first time, and after that just settle for clearing.

Roto13

You only really need to get mastery the first time though. Just S/L through it, get mastery the first time, and after that just settle for clearing.

I wasted like 90 stamina doing that today before I just gave up on it. Anything that requires you to game the system like that is just poorly designed.

Yogg

Wow, I finally finished all the elite paintings and I'm ready for the next batch, but that North Mountain was crazy ! There's no way it should be marked as level 42, it's leagues ahead of Darill's Tomb in terms of difficulty. I managed to get the mastery thanks to the thrash rounds, never got sleep to stick on Forza (sleep attack on healer-Tyro in the back row might not have helped), and lost 3 points for actions and damage taken.

But although it was tense, it almost felt balanced as opposed to those silly elite rounds from the Rinoa event.

Mastered the T-Rex.

Aerith 50 (6 Curaga, 8 Boost)
Kain 50 (2 Armor Break, 4 Double Cut)
Cloud 50 (4 retaliate, 2 Blizzara Strike)
Tidus 50 (2 Dark Buster, 2 Venom Buster)
Rinoa 45 (4 blizzara, 4 blizzaga)

Cloud had the weapon and armor fully upgraded from VIII (from the event).

For ranks I got 8/9,9/9,8/9,7/9. Rinoa was going to level before stage 3 so I abused the blizz spells on stage 2 and I was able to achieve 9/9. I think that I was getting it even without that. Cloud and Kain were able to kill one enemy with 1 attack each. Went the blind/poison/retaliate/ice way on the boss. No real 5* but Kain had a fake 6* in the form of a Trident++ (does not hit for much, just enough to finish a mob after Cloud hit it once).

Razmos

Welp, I was just doing the Fabul Castle elite and thought that the boss was going to be like in the original game where the battle ends if you don't attack.

After about 3 minutes of doing that I realized that's not the case. Woops.

I still mastered the dungeon though.

I feel like for the Wendesday daily, there's no point doing the Heroic after you master it. Most people have a metric fuckton of 4* White, Black, and Power orbs due to elite dungeon mastery, and I keep getting a ton of 3* orbs on Hard anyway.

Yogg

Off of the 4 break abilities, which are the most useful ? I see tons of people using power and magic break, but what of mental and armor break ? Slots are limited and I can't afford them all right now, so are some of them more important than others ?

Balphon

Wow, I finally finished all the elite paintings and I'm ready for the next batch, but that North Mountain was crazy ! There's no way it should be marked as level 42, it's leagues ahead of Darill's Tomb in terms of difficulty. I managed to get the mastery thanks to the thrash rounds, never got sleep to stick on Forza (sleep attack on healer-Tyro in the back row might not have helped), and lost 3 points for actions and damage taken.

But although it was tense, it almost felt balanced as opposed to those silly elite rounds from the Rinoa event.

I went through that today and found them to be easier than people were making them out to be. Forza did hit like a truck, though, and sleep buster didn't work on the first hit. I have more FFV gear than anything else, so that's probably why.

I still can't get the mastery on Feymarch Elite, but I'm done with everything else.

Negator

Off of the 4 break abilities, which are the most useful ? I see tons of people using power and magic break, but what of mental and armor break ? Slots are limited and I can't afford them all right now, so are some of them more important than others ?

Depends on if you tend to swing towards magic or melee teams. Magic and Power break are undoubtedly the most powerful skills, as they are 40% damage reduction while Mental and Armor are only 20% reduced defenses.

And in case anyone didn't know, Breakdowns are 60% reduction and 40% reduction

Depends on if you tend to swing towards magic or melee teams. Magic and Power break are undoubtedly the most powerful skills, as they are 40% damage reduction while Mental and Armor are only 20% reduced defenses.

Plus survivability is often more valuable than damage dealing ability

Yogg

Thanks, I wasn't aware of the 40% and 20% stats. Since my team still has Tyro as healer (missed the Aerith event, and didn't invest exp in core WHM) I'll go with the damage reduction first then. I'm a few lightning orbs from Power Break but that should be sorted tomorrow. And I still need power orbs from todays event.

Coringar

It would be sick if new dungeons launch tonight.

Redditers pushed the clocks ahead to look - the patch hasn't been posted, so it's either not tonight, or they are behind (usually they post the patch by now)

Hmm, when are we getting FFIX dungeons?

The Dungeon Update after tomorrows:

Format: JP Date: : Realms with new Content : Characters Added : Possible Max Stamina

11/27 (FF1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 10, 13) (Snow, Warrior of Light, Gordon, Luneth) (Max Stamina: 100 +4/5)
12/24 (FF3, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13) (Irvine, Vivi, Fran, Arc) (Max Stamina: 105 +1/5)
1/23 (FF1, 2, 6, 7) (Red XIII, Gladiator, Ricard) (Max Stamina: 115 +2/5)
2/13 (FF1, 4, 10) (Kimahri, Ninja) (Max Stamina: 118 +3/5)
3/5 (FF2, 5, 9) (Maria, Steiner) (Max Stamina: 122 +3/5)
3/20 (FF2, 3, 5, 13) (Leonheart, Dragoon) (Max Stamina: 127 +1/5)
4/7 (FF5, 10, 13) (Dark Knight, Galuf) (Max Stamina: 130 +2/5)
4/21 (FF8, 10, 12) (Mystic Knight, Zell) (Max Stamina: 133 +3/5)
5/7 (FF4, 5, 6, 12) (Samurai, Strago) (Max Stamina: 136 +4/5)

Only been playing this for a few days so I know I'm late to the discussion on this, but retaliate is preeeeety dumb.

Are you just casting it by itself and waiting for enemies to attack you? It really shines when you cast boost on the retaliate character and then have the rest of your party attack/double cut him.

Edit: I love your avatar. I had a crush on her when I was little. I think she may be why I like goth girls so much. lol

Roto13

Orb daily is hard as balls but I'm getting like 5 3 star orbs at a time sometimes so that's good.

If the new dungeons were coming today, they'd be up now. Oh well. Hopefully tomorrow.

Falk

that puzzling face
Redditers pushed the clocks ahead to look - the patch hasn't been posted, so it's either not tonight, or they are behind (usually they post the patch by now)

Was a couple of days. A more consistent prediction would be 6 days between each update though. Last batch of paintings -> Lethe -> Magitek -> Sorceress have all been 6 days apart i.e. the day of the week moving backwards each time.

Hence proooobably: (don't shoot if wrong)
t1431651600z0.png

u dum dum

edit:

LOL retaliate bot who gets sleep will STILL 'retaliate', in that he takes the misses on him, then shuffles forward... and does nothing. SLEEP WALKING

edit2@below: yeah exactly

On that note, Esuna seems finicky as hell. It doesn't seem to be the clear-all that it usually is in Final Fantasy games.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Are you just casting it by itself and waiting for enemies to attack you? It really shines when you cast boost on the retaliate character and then have the rest of your party attack/double cut him.

Edit: I love your avatar. I had a crush on her when I was little. I think she may be why I like goth girls so much. lol

Yeah that's what I've been doing. I mean dumb as in, op to the point where it completely invalidates any other strategies and makes the game not as fun.

I mean I only just started using it so maybe it becomes shitty later on or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom