• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going for the Iguions?

I think I could do it if I blew a camp before Iguions themselves. 2x casters with 2 shots of Quake each (which also makes the trash manageable lol).

First turn: Mental Breakdown on one, Power Break on the other, Boost on Cloud, Cloud retaliates, healer casts Kirin

Second/third turns:, spam 4x Quake, Cloud uses Bladeblitz, others finish off the low HP one (which got hit by Bladeblitz, 4x Quake and Mental Breakdown, should have ~15k HP left).

If that works and no one dies or gets stoned in the process, it's probably a home stretch to kill off the other since it already has Power Break on it.

Just a little scary to blow a Mythril to camp since that kinda sets a precedent going down a very slippery slope, since Mythril is such a finite resource. I mean, yeah, if you clear/mastery it you get 1 or 2 4* Summon Orbs, but it's still a huge risk.

If you're going to blow a mythril anyway, then you should wipe and blow it after you wipe. Supposedly you get a buff that way that I don't think you get from using a camp.

Razmos

I wonder if we'll ever see realms for sequels like After Years, X-2, or the XIII trilogy.
Looking through the weapons, there actually is a weapon from X-2.

Razmos

I love getting equipment with special effects.

I have a helm with added Ice resistance, a shield with added ice resistance (at the cost of a weakness to fire), a staff with light fire damage, a rod with light holy damage, a spear with light lightning damage, a bow with light ice damage and a dagger with a chance to Silence on hit.

It's pretty interesting going back through your inventory and seeing bonus effects on items you wrote off as vendor trash.

I also didn't realize the Light Rod and Light Staff change White Mage and Black Mage's Soul Breaks.

Daily today can be tough if you don't have any II synergy and I don't other than Josef. There's a lot of AoE enemies use.

Finally got a Greater Orb from a daily. And it was a fucking Greater White Orb. Thanks a lot game. But I'm giving up on Heroic and just doing Hard. I'm not seeing any benefits to Heroic today due to poor drop quantities and the rarity of Greater.

Wazzy

Banned
I was able to get both blitzblades, both Genji helms and Valkyrie maxed today but I wish upgrade lasted another day because I want to max my shields.

Elite beating time and then I'll try more Rinoa elites later.

Nohar

Gave up on Rinoa's event after stage 4 (Edea). With no synergy, I don't think I can beat most stages at Champion rank. I'll finish my Elites dungeons and focus on daily ones I think.

Red Mage

Am I the only one who is not impressed with the Heroic difficulty? I'm not talking about the challenge, but the fact that the four star drops are very rare and the increase in large enemies, which reduces the number of orbs you get in total.

duckroll

Cleared all the remaining Classic Dungeons. Started clearing leftover Elite Dungeons. Did two pulls, got shit. 3* Crystal Shield, 3* White Dress. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Am I the only one who is not impressed with the Heroic difficulty? I'm not talking about the challenge, but the fact that the four star drops are very rare and the increase in large enemies, which reduces the number of orbs you get in total.

I'm only doing Heroic events for the bonus mythril. Otherwise they seem like a waste of time.

Completely agree. The rewards for these rounds are few and far between vs stamina spend. Once I've mastered them that's it for me. Hard is more rewarding for Orbs.

Completely agree. The rewards for these rounds are few and far between vs stamina spend. Once I've mastered them that's it for me. Hard is more rewarding for Orbs.

Not sure; the non-elemental 3* orbs / stamina ratio of the Heroic daily seemed pretty better than the other available farming choices.

The weapon materials one surely was useless.

Shahed

And no Black Orbs at all from the entire run. Need a lot of them as well. I kept getting Whites which I'm not too bothered about

Falk

that puzzling face
Heroic is good when you need majority of the 3* orbs. When you need e.g. a shit ton of Power but are swimming in Whites, it gets a little less lucrative. 2-4 3* Orbs per 45 stamina is still an amazing return.

We probably also need more info on whether Stage 1 or 2 have inflated chances of a certain type (Non-Elementals farming was p. amazing with Monday's daily), but yeah, RNG is still a bitch.

The Scarletite/Adamantite Heroics, on the other hand, are godlike in returns compared to Hard, since the RNG element is eliminated.

Not sure; the non-elemental 3* orbs / stamina ratio of the Heroic daily seemed pretty better than the other available farming choices.

The weapon materials one surely was useless.

If you meant in terms of number of monsters, it's lackluster compared to the armor materials one, but that was also true of the Hard Scarletite vs Adamantite dailies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
W2jRPkg.png

Christmas came early. On the other hand, the second stage gave me a grand total of 1 Power Orb and nothing else. Hopefully I can amass more Black Orbs before the day is over.

And yeah, there's some nasty AoE in this heroic daily. That Imp has some magic resistance too, because why not.

Shahed

W2jRPkg.png

Christmas came early. On the other hand, the second stage gave me a grand total of 1 Power Orb and nothing else. Hopefully I can amass more Black Orbs before the day is over.

And yeah, there's some nasty AoE in this heroic daily. That Imp has some magic resistance too, because why not.

Which stage you getting the Black Orbs? That's the one I want most even if Power is also useful.

Red Mage

W2jRPkg.png

See, I normally get two or three *** orbs minimum on the Hard, so it doesn't seem worth it to me.

Fuu

Which stage you getting the Black Orbs? That's the one I want most even if Power is also useful.
I got that from the first stage in my last run, but I can't say for sure if it's best to farm there. It was:

1st: white orb x2, black orb x3
2nd: power orb x1
3rd: power orb x2

In the previous run it was on the second stage that I got 1 black orb (along with 1 white and 1 power). Feels like a crapshoot for now.

See, I normally get two or three *** orbs minimum on the Hard, so it doesn't seem worth it to me.
I just got the heroic mythril and I'll consider reverting back to hard runs. I really need more 3* blacks.

Fuu

Btw I managed to beat the T-Rex yesterday but didn't get the mastery yet. I got champion on the trash, but it seems like the stars I missed in actions taken hurt my overall result.

*snickers internally*
:lol

Shahed

Okay I've been thinking about this for a while, and I've decided to stop playing this game. I really enjoyed it at first with the whole nostalgia, recruiting characters I like and doing the paintinge in different worlds. But now that I'm over that, i feel all I'm doing is grinding and farming, the two absolute things I hate most about RPG's, the whole monotonous nature of those and the RNG systwm as well. Another problem is due to the Stamina system I find the game takes up too much of my day. Making sure to empty my stamina before I sleep, and again as soon as I wake up. Thrn there's even times during work I feel the need to burn some. Heck when I go out for a meal or to the cinema with friends, stamina is one of the things I think about! If there was a way to spend say £40 and.get unlimited stamina, I would have done so, but I can't be bothered anymore.

So for that reason I'm giving away my account. That should be possible with the One Time Code right?

While I didn't start playing this game day one, I have managed to recruit all characters available thus far. Ability wise I haven't done that well in terms of creating and/or honing the 3/4* stuff. I've gotten pretty lucky with relic pulls so have a good range of 4* and 5* gear on weapons and armour. FFVI and FFIV get destroyed in particular. In terms of levels most of the FF characters are very close to 50 except Josef who's in his mid 30's.

I'd rather give away the account to people who missed out on the earlier characters such as Tifa, Sephiroth, and the Cecils, but if no one bites I'd give it to other people as well. Reply here if interested and we can sort out the one time code through PM's

Falk

that puzzling face
Okay I've been thinking about this for a while, and I've decided to stop playing this game. I really enjoyed it at first with the whole nostalgia, recruiting characters I like and doing the paintinge in different worlds. But now that I'm over that, i feel all I'm doing is grinding and farming, the two absolute things I hate most about RPG's, the whole monotonous nature of those and the RNG systwm as well. Another problem is due to the Stamina system I find the game takes up too much of my day. Making sure to empty my stamina before I sleep, and again as soon as I wake up. Thrn there's even times during work I feel the need to burn some. Heck when I go out for a meal or to the cinema with friends, stamina is one of the things I think about! If there was a way to spend say £40 and.get unlimited stamina, I would have done so, but I can't be bothered anymore.

So for that reason I'm giving away my account. That should be possible with the One Time Code right?

While I didn't start playing this game day one, I have managed to recruit all characters available thus far. Ability wise I haven't done that well in terms of creating and/or honing the 3/4* stuff. I've gotten pretty lucky with relic pulls so have a good range of 4* and 5* gear on weapons and armour. FFVI and FFIV get destroyed in particular. In terms of levels most of the FF characters are very close to 50 except Josef who's in his mid 30's.

I'd rather give away the account to people who missed out on the earlier characters such as Tifa, Sephiroth, and the Cecils, but if no one bites I'd give it to other people as well. Reply here if interested and we can sort out the one time code through PM's

I don't know what to say, except I didn't exactly enjoy the Celes and Terra events either lol. Quitting right after Flan season is over is probably with a skewed perspective of the game.

Honestly, if grinding sucks the enjoyment out of you, you should stick to the parts of the game you find fun. Everything from record materia and quests to painting updates every month.

This was honestly how I was playing the JP version until I decided to "reroll" on the EN service and keep up with as close to the cutting edge as possible.

Shahed

I don't know what to say, except I didn't exactly enjoy the Celes and Terra events either lol. Quitting right after Flan season is over is probably with a skewed perspective of the game.

Honestly, if grinding sucks the enjoyment out of you, you should stick to the parts of the game you find fun. Everything from record materia and quests to painting updates every month.

This was honestly how I was playing the JP version until I decided to "reroll" on the EN service and keep up with as close to the cutting edge as possible.

It's similar to the problem I had with FFXIV ARR. I can't really play when I want, and have to almost adhere to the game instead of the other way around. Like I have to make sure I'm playing at certain times to do things but if I'm not then I lose out from a min max perspective. More regular games I can play as much as I want in one go, or as little as I want over the next week and there's no difference.

And there's the content release system and general productivity as well. What usually happens is when there's an update, you spend like 5-10% of the time clearing the new content, and the rest is farming or grinding away until the next update. There were only so many times I could log into FFXIV, clear T6-9 on the Tuesday, cap my Soldiery, then wait a week and do it all over again before I cancelled my subscription. This is pretty much the same with the fights being far less fun but having a higher nostalgia factor.

When you put it that way, mobile games operate very similarly to MMORPGs, except you can pay your way through getting more raid lockouts lol.

The funny thing about that is FFXIV is probably the first online game I've ever really played (nevermind MMO's) while Record Keeper is also the first mobile game I've really put time into.

And I had the feelings of giving up my account before the Celes event started. When I realised I unconsciously decided to stay up till 2AM in order to use my Stamina on the Terra event before sleeping was the point I think.

Falk

that puzzling face
When you put it that way, mobile games operate very similarly to MMORPGs, except you can pay your way through getting more raid lockouts lol.

Maybe just adjust your expectations? I played early and min-maxed to an extent... but the last few events bored me, so now I just play as I should have to begin with... when I have a few spare minutes. Even without min-maxing I've still got all of the events covered sans the latest FF8 one, but I expect with the synergy gear from the new dungeons that'll be a relative cake walk as well.

Razmos

I haven't even been playing that long, but I've already fallen into a comfortable rhythm with the game.

If there is an event, I finish it, and then If I have nothing to do I simply stop playing for a little bit until the next event starts, occasionally doing some main dungeons when I feel like playing, and doing daily dungeons when needed.

I've been playing a lot the last couple of days, but only because I feel like it, and because I want to catch up on the main dungeons so that I can play the new ones.

Meneses

The game does get boring and grindy, and the terrible android performance made me consider giving up plenty of times.

So now I practically only play to get the new characters and a stage mythril here and there, I don't even care about using up my stamina or anything like that.

Falk

that puzzling face
And I had the feelings of giving up my account before the Celes event started. When I realised I unconsciously decided to stay up till 2AM in order to use my Stamina on the Terra event before sleeping was the point I think.

Yeh, it definitely sounds like it's time to take drastic action lol

edit:
Anecdotally, Hard daily stage 2 is giving a bigger fraction of power and black orbs, with 3*s dropping once in a while. I'm planting my ass here since I need a shit ton of 2* Power Orbs

edit:
Anecdotally, Hard daily stage 2 is giving a bigger fraction of power and black orbs, with 3*s dropping once in a while. I'm planting my ass here since I need a shit ton of 2* Power Orbs

this is what I'm doing. ran the heroic once, got champion, back to farming lesser powers for double cut and others. need to spend those wind orbs!

Shahed

Maybe just adjust your expectations? I played early and min-maxed to an extent... but the last few events bored me, so now I just play as I should have to begin with... when I have a few spare minutes. Even without min-maxing I've still got all of the events covered sans the latest FF8 one, but I expect with the synergy gear from the new dungeons that'll be a relative cake walk as well.
I've tried that with a few other things including FFXIV before I gave up. It doesn't work for me. I can't play games halfway. Just the knowledge if I did things a certain other way I'd get a lot more efficient returns out it would make mw gravitate to at least a semi min/max style eventually. I find in games I either need to go all in or not at all.

I'm just glad I didn't spend money. I got Terra's weapon with the 50 Mythril I saved up, but I probably would have been tempted to use Gems if I hadn't.

Razmos

Woo, caught up
3122c64c225b914fb60798c0e30289b7.png

I initially read "Join Snow" as "Jon Snow" and thought there was a Game of Thrones crossover, lol.
EDIT: Huh, i just noticed that all 3 realms have III in them :p

Xetherion

You get close to 0 stars because it keeps the KO/action/damage counts, I believe.

No, it doesn't. A poster on reddit said he got Mastery on Iguions by spending 4 mythril and getting buffed up to +4 ability uses, which let him cast Quake 6 times.

Red Mage

I stopped caring about mastering events, etc. real quick as, with all FTP, it's designed to make you want to spend money. I didn't grind for flan after it bored me, and I gave up on even getting the second Hero Ring on the event. This Rinoa event is just LOL, as it's so obvious.

Doubtful. The final stages are Difficulty 90+, not kidding.

Btw I managed to beat the T-Rex yesterday but didn't get the mastery yet. I got champion on the trash, but it seems like the stars I missed in actions taken hurt my overall result.

:lol

Just curious, what was your setup? I'm thinking of giving another go tomorrow after i farm some more 2* power orbs to get some more double cuts. I was doing good damage on the boss, the trash was just too hard and i had very few abilities when i made it there. I'm thinking with a total of 10 double cuts, that should be able to get me through without burning my blizzard/blizzara strikes on trash.

Edit: stage 1 for 2* power orbs imo

7j4Af39l.jpg

They drop from the skeleton guys, ran into 4 of them on that level

satori

My wife just started playing this game last night and she was pretty bummed she missed out on Tifa and Seph (her fave FF). If no one here bites on it, I am sure she would appreciate it if the offer still stands.

satori

Just curious, what was your setup? I'm thinking of giving another go tomorrow after i farm some more 2* power orbs to get some more double cuts. I was doing good damage on the boss, the trash was just too hard and i had very few abilities when i made it there. I'm thinking with a total of 10 double cuts, that should be able to get me through without burning my blizzard/blizzara strikes on trash.

Hey Cpp, I just finished T-rex. The key for me was pretty much blind and poison. If those 2 does not land I just reset the battle. My set up was:

Cloud Retaliate*8 uses, Blizzard Strike 8 uses
Rinoa the 2 and 3* blizzard spells both honed once.
Arieth with cura and curga
seph with posion and double attack 6 uses
Tidus with Armor break and Dark attack

Everyone but cloud in the back row to negate some damage. MVP was pretty much Blind and Poison. I think he went down with blind and poison still on him. Arieth burst was great in the fact that it kept putting stop on him.

Falk

that puzzling face
No, it doesn't. A poster on reddit said he got Mastery on Iguions by spending 4 mythril and getting buffed up to +4 ability uses, which let him cast Quake 6 times.

Huh, that's interesting. I guess I must have actually been bad and lost stars after the continue lol. (pre-nerf Lamia)

edit
Just made a Dark Buster and Venom Buster. I think I'm over-preparing for T-Rex lol

Hey Cpp, I just finished T-rex. The key for me was pretty much blind and poison. If those 2 does not land I just reset the battle. My set up was:

Cloud Retaliate*8 uses, Blizzard Strike 8 uses
Rinoa the 2 and 3* blizzard spells both honed once.
Arieth with cura and curga
seph with posion and double attack 6 uses
Tidus with Armor break and Dark attack

Everyone but cloud in the back row to negate some damage. MVP was pretty much Blind and Poison. I think he went down with blind and poison still on him. Arieth burst was great in the fact that it kept putting stop on him.

Cool I'll try it again after tomorrow. Also thinking about getting hold for white mage. I know he can be paralyzed, and i can get hold up to 8 uses right now. Does poison last forever or does it wear off?

Fuu

My setup was kind of suboptimal:

Cloud lv 50: Blizzard Strike lv 2, Double Cut lv 3 / Galbadian Blade++, Galbadian Armor++, Hyper Wrist
Sephiroth lv 50: Power Break lv 2, Double Cut lv 3 / Danjuro, Crystal Armor++, Hero's Ring
Dark Cecil lv 50: Armor Break lv 2, Double Cut lv 2 / Diamond Sword, Diamond Helm, Hero's Ring
Rinoa lv 49: Dark Attack lv 1, Curaga lv 2 / Moonring Blade, Regal Gown, Earring
Rydia lv 50: Blizarra lv 4, Comet lv 2 / Light Rod, White Robe, Earring

What I did with the trash was save scum every battle until I could go through each turn having the enemies not using any kind of AoE and doing little damage or missing their attacks, so I didn't spend any abilities on the way to the T-Rex except 1 or 2 curagas. At the boss I save scummed until I got him blinded with Dark Attack, then the rest was just dropping everything on his head and curing the party after the blind wore off. I got champion on the trash and an expert on the boss, but it wasn't enough for the mastery.

I should probably go with retaliate meta, but the truth is that I usually try to brute force as much as possible because I'm too lazy, haha. I should also make more powerful blizzard skills, but I've also been trying to avoid honing or creating too many abilities specifically for the T-Rex as I don't want to regret wasting too many orbs because of him later.

I'm just having fun with this boss for now since I won't be able to master the event. I feel like I can get the master if I don't use as many useless actions as I did in all the fights (I made the mistake of auto battling most of the trash when the turn was in my favor). I think I'll make some changes and try again after the FFVIII dungeons are released.

Thanks for the details. I actually really screwed myself by accidentally selling one of my Galbadian blades, so I can only upgrade it to 10/10 :( Really makes the trash more difficult than it needs to be. Someone mentioned somewhere that the Forbidden can be killed with Cure and I think I have enough to spare (8 Cura and 8 Curaga) so maybe I can try that for getting through the trash also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom