• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

I beat FF13 and wouldn't have been able to spot any mistakes. The game's story was incomprehensible.

Very true. The dialog in FFXIII was awful, with characters talking to themselves more than the people standing next to them, and little of it made any sense.

Well I'm caught up on content for the first time. All dungeons complete and 119 stamina. Feels good; now I can actually do some farming and leveling between events.

I also finished Lightning Returns tonight. I thought the gameplay was meh and the story was retarded, same as XIII-2, but at least that one was fun. I actually don't mind the original XIII; I thought the story was fine and wrapped up satisfactorily. The sequels are retarded messes though, story wise.

At the end of Lightning Returns she says something like "This adventure is over. I wonder when we'll meet again". Why, tomorrow evening, Light.

Nohar

The voices... They tell me to pull... But they trolled me so hard before... But I want that Vega... But each time I pulled, hoping to get a particular item, I didn't get it (well, except Vanille's rod, but that was unexpected).

The banner isn't that good either...

Falk

that puzzling face
The banner is actually pretty sweet if you don't have XIII gear. Even the shared SBs are somewhat usable.

Vega is also a top-tier item, and Lightning's sword has higher-end ATK for non-RS.

edit: situation is also exacerbated by a few mediocre banners before and a so-so banner after.

edit2: I'll bite with an 11-pull, but that's it. Rest of my stash is dedicated towards Golbez banner or gacha % change, whichever comes first. Hopefully both at once.

The voices... They tell me to pull... But they trolled me so hard before... But I want that Vega... But each time I pulled, hoping to get a particular item, I didn't get it (well, except Vanille's rod, but that was unexpected).

The banner isn't that good either...
I was going to say this banner might have been a tad overhyped:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...ner_analysis_lightningsazh_rare_relic_banner/
Ironically, if you're in it for guns the Rinoa re-issue might be better as that has two rather than one (ah yes the classic wait x for better).

I'm probably still going to do 11 pull as I have no 5* rods or bangles (though again wouldn't I better off waiting for literally the next banner, then again the stuff outside of those is not great there) making the banner more useful than a gun or strong sword but the odds of getting any 6 of the featured 7 is around 50/50 (if you only want the Vega or the Blazfire Sword you're looking at 20% chance of getting either of those).
I'm so ending up with Kaiser Knuckles or no 5* at all

MicH

Yeah, I'm also doing an 11 pull on this banner. Knowing my luck I'll get a bunch of dupes though. Well, I have been really lucky when it comes to shared SB weapons and armor. The two Minotaur Plates really came in handy

eastx

Yeah, I'm also doing an 11 pull on this banner. Knowing my luck I'll get a bunch of dupes though. Well, I have been really lucky when it comes to shared SB weapons and armor. The two Minotaur Plates really came in handy

I had that same luck, and combined them into one fancy 6-star Minotaur Plate. My pull on the FFVII banner got me Red XIII's weapon... Just wish he wasn't about to hit level 50 and stop getting used.

Nohar

*sigh* I'll try to be strong and wait for the celebration banners.

... And I sound like a broken record. Oh well, just a few weeks to wait.

Falk

that puzzling face
Just typing it out, pardon typos

Balance Changes
Celes
- BM2* -> 3*
- + Combat 3*
- HP, ATK, DEF up

Cyan
- + regular armor
- ATK up

Snow
- ATK up

Squall
- Spellblade 3* -> 4*
- + Celerity 3*

Vanille
- + Summon 3* (!!!)

Other Updates
- HP Bars (YES)

- Soul Break Mastery + select up to 4 Soul Breaks to bring

- Remove All

- Inventory Cap up to 500

- Skip Order toggle

- Auto Battle Always On toggle

edit:
Unlisted
- There's a new "Record Materia" page that lists all of them, and can be sorted by unobtained @ top. Nifty.

- Dungeon levels now show in Events.

Falk

that puzzling face
3* clerity too.

Thanks.

HOrKnjf.jpg

This will take a while. DeNA pls.

Buff a bunch of bench riders. At least my cyan is only 55

Not seeing where the friend request rewards are

Aeris is getting 300 weapon Xp per battle in the Mage rush. So 34 battles like that.

Falk

that puzzling face
You're right, nothing about friends list in the actual update announcement (It was in a prior announcement)

Oops. Edited.

Nohar

EX++ Mage Path mastered! I was lucky I think, one more attack and I would have lost 2 medals for damage taken.

Game is slightly less laggy on RW menu, but overall no performance upgrade.

Tifa brought to level 50 (from 30 to 44 thanks to sunday dungeon, and the rest with eggs). Time to try my luck at the EX++ boss of Knight path.

God HP bars are a nice thing to have. It makes some fights so less frustrating.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, that was a lot of worrying about nothing - oneshot both ++s. One medal lost on Schizo (lol)

Forgot to properly set up Record Materia because Remove All (lol) and ran completely dry on Proudclad, finished off with 4 Diara.

I actually totally forgot that Summons are doubly decent on the boss because they hit both Jamar and Clod himself at the start, giving some leeway.

God damn, it is bloody awesome how much better HP bars make just the day to day play of this game. I am working my way through some of the later X dungeons (many of the boss fights featuring more then one opponent) and being able to see the health of individual enemies and the percentage of all your attacks just makes the game feel a lot more tactical and interesting rather then just brute forcing attacking through.

Super Heavyweight mage path done. Not a fun boss when it turns out you don't have the gear to make anybody not called Vivi completely suck when it comes to damage output (less than 1500 with -aga spells). Yes I did poison and eventually put Bottomswell to sleep.

I feel Bottomswell is telling me something...prepare to pay in mythril to get the boss rush done. At least I don't have to bring wind slash.

Apparently event quests have you doing parts of the event with less than a full party. Rewards are eggs and eventually rosetta stones (which can be used to make equipment marginally stronger)

Nohar

Well, that was a lot of worrying about nothing - oneshot both ++s. One medal lost on Schizo (lol)

Forgot to properly set up Record Materia because Remove All (lol) and ran completely dry on Proudclad, finished off with 4 Diara.

I actually totally forgot that Summons are doubly decent on the boss because they hit both Jamar and Clod himself at the start, giving some leeway.

I honed Ramuh to R3 for the boss (though I used him only once the armor was down). I don't regret it.

MicH

Mastered the Mage Path EX++!!! Woohoo :D

Unfortunately I couldn't master the Knight Path ++ :( Anyone got some tips for that one? I tried Advantage + Retaliate, but I took too much damage to master it

Also. remove all + HP bars are AMAZING

Falk

that puzzling face
I honed Ramuh to R3 for the boss (though I used him only once the armor was down). I don't regret it.

After seeing Omega Weapon vids, Ixion and Ramuh are getting all my Summon orbs.

Thanks Japan for helping me prepare like Batman.

Mastered the Mage Path EX++!!! Woohoo :D

Unfortunately I couldn't master the Knight Path ++ :( Anyone got some tips for that one? I tried Advantage + Retaliate, but I took too much damage to master it

Also. remove all + HP bars are AMAZING

You have two options really. One is to optimize your actions to get below 30 to get full action medals, or look at your mitigation to get 1 damage taken medal back.

How hard are you hitting for per attack?

MicH

You have two options really. One is to optimize your actions to get below 30 to get full action medals, or look at your mitigation to get 1 damage taken medal back.

How hard are you hitting for per attack?
About 9300 with Advance + Retaliate. My main problem was damage taken so I may need to change my strategy to SG RW of something

I think its a mistake to tie break mastery to xp. it would be far more interesting to require say 20 uses of the break to learn it, particularly considering that method was used in the series.

Saerk

I was able to beat both EX++ fights, but I limped to the finish of both fights. Might have pulled off Schizo, but I took full damage on an AOE and I double cut Cloud (700 x2) with Sephiroth.

SunGod

Then he'll lose advance if he uses SG

I'm aware. I went in with the same setup (Advance etc) and did the same damage but didn't master the battle. I switched to Sentinel's Grimoire and it was easy, even though I was hitting for less per turn the mitigated damage from Schizo makes it worth it.

schizo is one where you can't dps your way to mastery without massive mitigation. the only way I could get it done was through jacking up all res gear and having sg and shellaga up as well as magic break/down on both heades at almost all times, particularly when the first head is going to go down for the sg and shellaga. with hp bars, this should be considerably easier to time. Other tips-damage is based on % lost, so if you increase your hp pool by accessories or by using different characters, you increase the likelihood of only losing one medal to damage. drop all heal spells, because if you have to heal you've already lost mastery. apparently magic break/down will stick on the 2nd head when it goes down, so make sure you apply that at the end. good luck, I probably had to tackle him 5-6 times through completion before getting him. I had to hone shellaga to r2 to make sure it was always active. with hp bars should be much simpler.

MicH

Sentinel's Grimoire + Shellga + Magic Break/down and you'll get it
Just tried again with SG RW instead of Advance and mastered it. His AoE attacks did 61 damage after SG + Shellga + Magic Breakdown :lol

Retaliate still did 5300 after a Boost so that's still some pretty good damage

Vorpal

This update brought a big performance boost to my S5 running Lollipop. Everything feels so snappy. I spent ten minutes darting around menus just to see how quickly I could do it. SO GOOD.

And of course HP bars have got me like
g2H7ygS.gif

Falk

that puzzling face
About 9300 with Advance + Retaliate. My main problem was damage taken so I may need to change my strategy to SG RW of something

Yeah, like I said, (correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see any other mathematical possibility)

Currently:
-1 action
-2 damage

Your two options are:
A) as you said, mitigate more damage, bringing it to -1, -1 for mastery, and as SunGod said, SG RW is the way to do this
B) Optimizing actions taken, bringing it to -0, -2 for mastery

The B) solution would highly depend how close you are to killing him in 30 actions or below, in which case mitigating damage isn't a factor anymore. Since you're hitting for 9k+, that should be very possible with double cuts and double hit RM on your shellga/boost person if you're not e.g. wasting actions on unnecessary break/breakdowns (remember when one head dies all breaks reset*, for whatever reason, so don't bother reapplying on the first head)

FWIW I actually got -0 action, -1 damage (lol) with Advance and Magic Breakdown/Magic Break applied on the first turn before they got any attacks off. Cloud was using a Buster Sword, so 9999. In my case, Boost was also a waste of an action.

*edit: Actually, just repeated the fight and I'm not 100% sure about this point anymore. In a min-max situation though, Mental/Magic Break/Breakdown on the first head as its about to die is still a waste of actions.

Balphon

I don't think I have enough melee damage to master Schizo. Buffs wear off before I can do enough damage. Vivi is still my second strongest hitter in that fight, sadly enough.

May be able to do it if I'm very careful with the timing, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

Balphon

You sure? Mythril Saber+ (from prev event) with Boost/Retaliate SHOULD hit for ballpark 8.5k

I don't think I've ever even made retaliate let alone honed it.

In any event, the mastery reward is nothing to write home about, so it's all good. I'll just draw a Blazefire Saber and come back later. :)

Nohar

EX++ Knight and Mage path mastered.

Tower of Babil (part 1) mastered (without HP bars, I would probably have thrown my iPhone by the window, since he kept retreating into his shell and heal).

119 stamina get.

This is a good day.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Liking the Enemy HP bars. Still working through Tifa's event for now, so haven't tried the Remove All feature yet.

I've noticed some things seem to be loading a little faster as well which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom