• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

OZ1Gb38l.jpg

God damn that was hard.

Scared to even try the D160

Dragner

U+ are not harder really. They are toned down so people can do Cid missions. I did mine with just a couple of SSBs no wall and no medica.

WarAdept

Noctis OSB

Noctis
Black Magic 3, Combat 5, Celerity 5, Dragoon 5, Machinist 4
L99: 6658 HP, 209 ATK, 141 DEF, 149 MAG, 135 RES, 149 MND, 179 SPD
Dagger, Sword, Katana, Spear, Thrown, Gun, Shield, Hat, Light Armor, Bracer
Default SB: Single-target ranged physical attack, Instant Cast
RM1: ATK & DEF +10%, starts battle with Sleep
RM3: Defend -> ?% max HP heal to self
RM4: Attack -> High damage, Instant Cast, but no SB points will be earned
Record Dive Bonuses: Combat DMG +6%, Sword DMG +3%

Lol why

That Black Magic 3 is totally wasted. I know Ignis is probably going to be the Black Mage of XV for RK, but there was a cool opportunity to make his magic useable and give him Summon 5 to make him a combat summoner (Lann doesn't count, he's horrible). Guess they're going to give Lunafreya Summon 5.

ChainCharge with Dragoon 5 is certainly interesting, especially since there's an actual dragoon in the game.

ALSO 5 HOUR HYPE

WarAdept

What's a good setup for the Bartz CM? This is the best i got but I don't even get close because of all his AoE counterattacks

0X8IlKyl.jpg

Keep in mind that Bartz has a 20% chance to counter Black/White magic with Blue Mage Missile Salvo which, unless you're wearing IKO resist accessories, you will be taking a hefty 20% Max hp to all per shot. So Krile most possibly will be a big liability here if not prepped for it.

Make Dorgann your tank. Draw Fire on him to redirect most of the damage other than Monk Kick and his SBs to him. If needed, put him in the back row to further reduce the damage and use the Defend command on him. Equip him with any elemental resist accessories if you have them.

Keep in mind that Bartz has a 20% chance to counter Black/White magic with Blue Mage Missile Salvo which, unless you're wearing IKO resist accessories, you will be taking a hefty 20% Max hp to all per shot. So Krile most possibly will be a big liability here if not prepped for it.

Make Dorgann your tank. Draw Fire on him to redirect most of the damage other than Monk Kick and his SBs to him. If needed, put him in the back row to further reduce the damage and use the Defend command on him. Equip him with any elemental resist accessories if you have them.

Would it be worth it to unlock faris and level her up instead of Krile? Not many other choices

WarAdept

Would it be worth it to unlock faris and level her up instead of Krile? Not many other choices

I was actually in the process of editing my post because I just noticed you have no support.

Absolutely.

Having Full Break and Power Breakdown stacked with Protectga will go a long way in keeping your party alive. We have Power Orbs on Phase 3 of Orbfest so you can use that to power level Faris and get some orbs to craft/hone those abilities as the V Dorgann event stays around well after Orbfest.

Gilgamesh: Gilgamesh Morphing Time, Strange Bedfellow
Krile: Tomorrow's Promise
Galuf: Sweet Sorrow
Exdeath: Grand Cross

I don't have Exdeath unlocked though, so I would need to use a crystal and level him up if he would help

Exdeath can act as a healer I used him as a secondary healer for my cm mission.

I don't think Krile is that useful here, yeah her burst attack command has a chance to interrupt but I wouldn't rely on that rng. Try with a team like this

Gilgamesh with leaching leap (or armor break) and life siphon and mogs teachings rm
Galuf life siphon and meteor crush/punishing palm and any rm that makes sb meter fill faster
Exdeath with curaga/ja and protectega or haste with auto haste
Lenna with curaga/ja and shellga with auto haste
Faris with full (or power) breakdown and breakdown with whatever

Rw wall

Gilgamesh will nullify most of bartz physical attacks and counters with his bssb, and has the dispel needed for the later phase, if self sustaining with leaching leap or also gets armor down mission

Galuf will built up meter early in the fight and burst into bonus heals for your team in the later half

Lenna/Exdeath will heal lots while helping to mitigate damage

Faris debuffs Bartz

With the above Bartz outside of his blue magic salvo will do pretty pitiful amounts of damage. If you want to go with manual haste I suggest having the other white mage have the offsetting buff for whichever debuff you pick for faris if you go with full breakdown.

Gilgamesh counter won't stop Bartz's sb attacks, but as far as I know he can only use those once where as he can spam the magic sword strikes so its hard to say which damage is a higher priority for mitigating.

Something like that should get you a win maybe even one with mastery

First 11 pulls, Tiara X2
Second 11 pulls, Minwu SSB and Vanille BSB. I got what I wanted the most with Vanille, no dupe of the items I had but I still managed to dupe on the first pull... Happy still!

Dragner

My girlfriend had the most bizarre pull ever

a 5x11 getting Terra OSB, Refia BSB, Plat Sword, Minwu SSB and the lol thing...Refia SSB. Yeah, complete Refia for the lulz.

MrDaravon

100-gem pull: crap

1st 11 pull: Blood Sword

2nd 11 pull: Tiara, Tin Armor x2, Thyrus

My primary goal was to fulfill the Terra waifu dream along with any other single big draw for me (Reifa/Kain BSBs or finally a Platinum sword), so mixed success. Waifu was a complete success (I didn't have her Tiara either), rest was okay but not great. I already have SG so Thyrus is of limited use attached to a healer in particular, but depending on what I get from the FF14 banners that may be useful in building a team there and more options are always good. Tin Armor seems kinda eh.

So basically I got what I wanted the most but none of my consolation prizes. I'm okay with this I think? Pulling on this banner was mostly a personal and not practical decision as I've had poor success getting Terra's relics in the past, and I can already clear pretty much all content as-is and have two of the Trinity natively so continuing to RW Shout/etc isn't a big deal. I'll take it! And I'll still have enough for two pulls on FF14 but probably not 3, but I wouldn't dedicate more than two pulls to a single banner personally anyway.

Good luck to everyone!

As a pretty much new player which of these banners should I pull on? I have 200 Mythril right now and no strong healing bursts....no wall...no shout if any of that helps

Dragner

As a pretty much new player which of these banners should I pull on? I have 200 Mythril right now and no strong healing bursts....no wall...no shout if any of that helps

definetely this banner, shout and wall are here, strong healing and physical bursts and one of the best mage OSB.

Moment of Truth. One pull and..........
Only got one dupe. Thryus, but I finally got Shout after all these months!!
How good is Refia's BSB?? Wanted Terra's OSB, but I'll take this for sure.
Still debating for pulling on banner 3 or not. The rest for FFXIV and FFT.

My girlfriend had the most bizarre pull ever

a 5x11 getting Terra OSB, Refia BSB, Plat Sword, Minwu SSB and the lol thing...Refia SSB. Yeah, complete Refia for the lulz.
Wow, that is an amazing pull for your GF. Wtf lol.

Tidd

I don't know why I pulled but I did it nonetheless.

100 gem pull - Tiara (dupe but still better than a 3* or 4*! Guess I can stop doing 100 gem pulls for awhile?)
1x11: instant medica SSB and a dupe Platinum Sword
1x11: Kain's BSB, time for the Dragoon meta!

Balphon

Went 3/11 with all three of the healer relics.

Didn't have two of them and already have a Tiara so I'm satisfied. Good result.

Grabbed Vanille's MC3 because why not.

MrDaravon

Oh man I didn't even realize that Tiara's SSB is en-fire. Getting to a boss at the end of a dungeon and dropping that then Terra's OSB is gonna be hilarious.

Balphon

Oh man I didn't even realize that Tiara's SSB is en-fire. Getting to a boss at the end of a dungeon and dropping that then Terra's OSB is gonna be hilarious.

Terra can use Wrath so you can build her for that generally if you don't mind having her self-buffing for the first 30 seconds of a fight.

But isn't XIV banner 1 better for healing/support relics?

I admit the tempting is getting unbearable right now lol.

Not really. Thyrus is on both and Vanille's burst is about even with Y'shtola's overall. Minfilia SSB is at best equal to shout, too.

Only thing that first XIV banner has over this is the Papalymo's mage buff.

Finally completed Trinity. Need to level up Refia and master Shout. Don't have to chase Shout anymore.
Dang, Refia's sb commands pack a punch literally. 100% crit damage on cmd 1. Dark Bargain on cmd 2.

MrDaravon

Terra can use Wrath so you can build her for that generally if you don't mind having her self-buffing for the first 30 seconds of a fight.

I've actually never bothered with Wrath. So you just use Wrath to get her two bars, then pop her SSB then OSB?

Yeah now I remember why I stopped playing this long ago...same relic and the only one 3 times in a row? Eff off. This game is to me what FFBE is to CPP.

Top Bottom