• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Stranger of Paradise | Reveal Trailer

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It’s really good and I hope they don’t touch the protagonist who to me is super hot. I know no one wants white blonde hot men in their games these days but it would be a nice change from the multicolour dyed hair twinks we keep getting from Japan.
He looks nearly identical to the main in Nioh 1. I think they'll keep him since most of the game seems to be Nioh-based.

Character customization and tons of optional skins wouldn't surprise me though. Nioh has a ton.

combat GIF

Combat looks good?!?

Okay, even trying to just focus on the positive doesn't work with this trailer. What the fuck were they thinking ending their conference with this. If they can't see how last gen and cringey this is then how in the world can I trust anything SE greenlights.

Maybe the creator has blackmail material on management. Nothing else makes sense.....

I Own You Now Shane Johnson GIF by Power

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Pretty neat how the great sword is encouraging you to constantly hold for charge hits. Has a unique block available only when charging.

Metnut

Couldn’t resist and had to give the demo a shot.

This is a lot of fun! I’ve always been a gameplay over graphics guy and def think I’ll purchase the full version. Looking forward to seeing what another 6-12 months of polish can do here.

So much more fun to try a game out than to complain about a trailer.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Looks like there's tons of gear and its all visible when equipped (like Nioh).

The skill tree has movies of all the moves (like Nioh).

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

Whats everyones favourite Job so far?

Obviously people will say Black Mage probably but I like Dragoon for the wall crush combo's it can do, having to focus on putting enemies into the environment to break is cool

I bet you guys will be eating your words. I believe this game ends up being solid.
It may end up great, at least with Team Ninja there is a possibility of excellent combat, but you cannot deny that this trailer does not look good. Like seriously, of the game isn't ready, don't show it. If this is what they are confident in showing, then things don't look good for this game

Amiga

Demo is so much better than the trailer. There’s a deep game here and it looks fine. People were just jumping on the meme bandwagon as I suspected.

Dude this game is awesome! I'll buy it as is, PS3 graphics and all (obviously they will improve).

Im sorry guys, I was consumed by CHAOS and couldn't defeat it, ill be buying day one,

Serious though, outdated graphics but gameplay systems is what I've wanted from a FF spinoff, Job system, loot based on jobs and interesting mechanics mixing together

Impressions sound good. I’m not surprised the gameplay is fantastic.

So yeah, the game's totally awesome.

Well color me surprised. This game isn't half bad. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be as deep as it is.
Game is so much fun, loving it.

nice people are coming around. demo saved SE's @$$.

for those who didn't play Nioh, the game is free on PSNow.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
the game looks like ass
gameplay is a ton of fun

way better then boyband simulator 15 or final fantasy 7 third super strike ultra verse 3 alpha edition

i am not kidding if they fix the fucking looks of this game. This migth actually be the best thing to come from the FF universe in a loong time.

CGiRanger

Banned
Nice to hear the gameplay is good. That'll make people actually want to kill Chaos. If it was total trash, even Chaos might not be enough to get people motivated to kill Chaos.

Silvawuff

Have you played the demo? I'm guessing not.

I can't believe how little faith some of you have in Team Ninja. The game will be good.
I passed on wasting my time with it when I saw posts saying it was corrupted and wouldn't even play. I guess they fixed it?

I think the reservation with SE is pretty fair given their recent release history.

I passed on wasting my time with it when I saw posts saying it was corrupted and wouldn't even play. I guess they fixed it?

I think the reservation with SE is pretty fair given their recent release history.
SE the publisher? Why don't you look at the developer?

Or read the thread AFTER people started playing the demo and the mob overreaction mentality subsided.

Gediminas

Banned
People who says it is looking fine - stop playing pixelated shit. The game looks like PS3 game and that is not fine. Even Nioh 2 looks miles better and Nioh 2 is not graphical showpiece.

Apart from that, gameplay is smooth. Very interesting game. Team Ninja will listen criticism and will improve on that.

Last edited:

Fbh

Good to hear the gameplay is fun.

Maybe they should have focused on that in the trailer instead of random finishing move shots and the characters saying Chaos 57 times per minute.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Any chance it has a character creator or am I forced to play with that generic chud?
There's a chance that you can equip entirely different character skins if its anything like Nioh. Doesnt look like there's a character creator, which is a little surprising given what Final Fantasy 1 was like.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Well. . .that was fucking unexpected. The trailer and Team Ninja's name on it made no sense whatsoever, but once you actually play the game you see exactly why Square thought to save this for the end of the presentation.

. . .completely serious, I think this is going to be one of those sleeper titles (maybe not sleeper if it reviews well despite the comically horrific reveal trailer).

blackjon24

Got to play the demo for around 15 minutes. I was actually enjoying myself. A lot like nioh.

the gameplay is fun but I can’t believe that is a 2022 game I’ll be playing on ps5. Would have looked dated almost a decade ago

Last edited:

McCarth

I just watched this trailer, and I know I'm piling on here but that was the most pathetic display I've seen from a major publisher in years. Just embarrassing.

I'm downloading the demo now though, and based on a few impressions here I'm going to go in with an open mind.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I thought this looked trash when they announced/showed it....but after playing the trial, this shit might have some serious legs. I'm really enjoying it so far.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I just watched this trailer, and I know I'm piling on here but that was the most pathetic display I've seen from a major publisher in years. Just embarrassing.

I'm downloading the demo now though, and based on a few impressions here I'm going to go in with an open mind.
Its good

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I almost feel as if they were fucking with people by using that trailer, knowing they had a gem on their hands. I bet this is going to end up being one of the best games of the generation upon release.

MrS

Banned
Nioh died for this? Whew lad.

Easy pass game looks utter dog shit. Disappointed in Team Ninja.

Enjay

Banned
He looks nearly identical to the main in Nioh 1. I think they'll keep him since most of the game seems to be Nioh-based.

Character customization and tons of optional skins wouldn't surprise me though. Nioh has a ton.
There's no way Squeaksenix is not gonna sell $20-$30 skins of cloud squall sephiroth and whoever else is popular on final fantasy. And their weapons.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
There's no way Squeaksenix is not gonna sell $20-$30 skins of cloud squall sephiroth and whoever else is popular on final fantasy. And their weapons.
My thoughts exactly. Probably will be able to swap out people, including the classic FFI skins.

This is all 100% speculation though.

RNG

Tried the demo, oof this game needs a lot of work, especially in the graphics department. Plenty of time for that though I’m sure.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Potentially nice gameplay for this, but fuck me it looks like absolute ass, in either setting. They really need to work on the visuals because right now I’m actually put off playing the game.

Man, Chaos was kicking my ass. Demo was a lot of fun though. They throw a lot at you quickly though.

I'm excited to level up different classic Final Fantasy jobs in a Souls-like game.

I never though Final Fantasy would get a remake like this, but it's great. It was cool hearing Princess Sara and Garland. I hope we get to see some classic FF towns along with their music.

Amiga

game has easy mode, so this is no longer a "soulslike" game. IMOO Hard mode is the true Nioh gameplay.

those who want an easy mode in a "souls" game finally got their wish. though rewards do scale with difficulty. this is a nice way to balance it.

this game has achieved the "thinking about it when not playing it". FFT was the last in the franchise to give this feeling. I'm sold. looking forward to this more than FF16.

IDC, I'm getting Vincent, Cecil and Auron.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I just wish for once we could get a Square-Enix game with competent writing/story/characters, AND good gameplay, AND cutting edge graphics. Seems like those things are mutually exclusive. The better one gets, the worse the others get.

Top Bottom