• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Tactics on sale on iOS, updated w/ GC, iCloud support, new graphics

Goli

■Save 50% off the regular price!
We're celebrating our version update with a half-off sale for the week of June 5 through June 12!

[Version 1.2.0]

■Refined Graphics
All of the game's unit graphics have been redrawn in high-resolution. Don't miss this chance to play the sharpest, most beautiful FINAL FANTASY TACTICS yet!

■Improved Draw Speeds
The graphic drawing processes have been optimized for mobile devices. Say goodbye to choppy motion and crash bugs, and play with the quickest, smoothest abilities effects and animations to date!

■iCloud Support
A save slot which allows game data to be saved to iCloud has been added. It is now possible to migrate game data across multiple devices.

------------------------------------------------
iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id446760220?mt=8
iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/final-fantasy-tactics-war/id500098096?mt=8
mzl.umjwvgiv.480x480-75.jpg

mzl.kuzoeung.480x480-75.jpg

Reminder:

Aesius

Did they fix all of the bugs that plagued the previous version? Apparently it used to crash all the time on iPad.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Should I get it for my iPad 3 or iPhone 5? Is it enjoyable on the small iPhone screen?

Muku

Did they fix all of the bugs that plagued the previous version? Apparently it used to crash all the time on iPad.

It definitely crashed. All. The. Time. Didn't realize they were doing an update though. Might have to update it and give it another go. I can never have too much Tactics.

chrono01

You should just wait for the 5S / 6 if you're planning to upgrade this year.

Yeah, that's why I haven't made the jump to the 5. I'm waiting to see what Apple announces in the next short while.

Even if I didn't get the 5S/6, the prices on the 5 will drop considerably.

Goli

I took a super zoomed in screenshot to see the characters's new sprites up close:
photoj3sfu.png

Also, I'm playing on an iPhone 4S, and finally there's no slowdown when Ramza throws a stone or Gafgarion does his little sword spell thingy! :D
EDIT: The new touch optimized interface works very well too. It took over a year for this update to hit but it was well worth the wait.

raven777

FFT was my first playstation title and my first JRPG. amazing game.

I heard the control in annoying on iOS. how is it?

Monsieur

Banned
Never played FFT before. Make up my mind, GAF.

They really don't make games like it anymore. One of the more darker final fantasy stories, very good. The combat might seem confusing at first but you will get the hang of it. Also creating new jobs/classes is fun but can be time consuming, but worth it if your trying to build the best team. Can get like 30+hours outta the game easily.

Muku

Never played FFT before. Make up my mind, GAF.

You should totally get it. It's an awesome game. I like the touch controls in this version for zooming in, rotating, etc. Feels better than the PS version of it. Though, I'm lazy and kind of miss pressing one button to confirm and stuff.

Curious, haven't updated yet, but did they fix battery life issues? I know this is the one game on my iPad that I play and it can zap the battery quick. Have a feeling that's just the way this particular game is, but figure I'd ask.

lol

I got one just to try something different, and it's been a shit sandwich for the last couple months...the wife said I could have her upgrade this october, so im gettin back on iOS. Fuck Windows Phone.

I feel ya buddy, owned an HTC Trophy with windows 7 until two weeks ago when I "accidentally" broke it and had a chance to upgrade to the iphone. Loving it so far, can't see myself going back anytime soon.

bumpkin

iPhone 5 ready or black bars of shit?
This is what I'd like to know. I mean even at 50% off, I still think their mobile pricing is egregious; and this is coming from a big FF fan who has double-dipped on several of the games.

Still, if it's 5 ready, I might say fuck it and bite. I love FFT.

This is sort of a random question, but does this game allow you to play music while you play it? The last few games I've bought for iOS haven't supported this (which I know is rare, I play tons of iOS games), so I want to check before I buy it.

Bladenic

Only got to chapter 2 in the PSP version before dropping it (not a fan of SRPGs). Should I give it another shot on iOS?

This is sort of a random question, but does this game allow you to play music while you play it? The last few games I've bought for iOS haven't supported this (which I know is rare, I play tons of iOS games), so I want to check before I buy it.

Just checked, no it does not

Only got to chapter 2 in the PSP version before dropping it (not a fan of SRPGs). Should I give it another shot on iOS?

If you like SRPGs, then yes. If not, then no.

Goli

This is what I'd like to know. I mean even at 50% off, I still think their mobile pricing is egregious; and this is coming from a big FF fan who has double-dipped on several of the games.

Still, if it's 5 ready, I might say fuck it and bite. I love FFT.
I don't think it is iPhone 5 ready, or the screenshots of the iPhone version would probably reflect that.

I just tried playing a song on Soundcloud and it did play, but so did FFT's music and sound effects, so you'd have to mute them on the game's Options menu which you access on the title screen.
Runs perfect on iPad2. The only framerate problems I notice are when the camera pans.

Definitive FFT.
100%.

Skilletor

Seriously about to start this game for like, the 50th time.

Probably my favorite game ever.

Edit: Oh, and you can skip cutscenes?

LOOOOOOOL

Yeah, best version confirmed.

I just tried playing a song on Soundcloud and it did play, but so did FFT's music and sound effects, so you'd have to mute them on the game's Options menu which you access on the title screen.

I tried playing music on my device and it stopped as soon as the app loaded. Maybe you can stream Pandora/Soundcloud in the background though?

Top Bottom