• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP), Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 (DS) announced

duckroll

This blog here: http://ff13vids.jugem.jp/ is reporting that Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings on the DS is just the beginning of set of games from S-E called "Ivalice Alliance" and that the second title will be Final Fantasy Tactics - The Lion War on PSP and the third title will be Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - The Sealed Grimoire. It appears that the PSP FFT is a port of the original with new jobs.

Edit: It's all real! Jump scans are in:

More details: FFT The Lion War on PSP will contain new jobs including the Onion Knight job, as well as newly added illustration style cel-shaded FMVs depicting the story. Details on FFTA2 will be revealed at a later date.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Double megaton Monday.

If FFTA2 is more like FFT, it'll be awesome. If it's mediocre like FFTA, I'll be picking up a PSP

I also hope the FFT port isn't just a shitty port like the Riviera port.

duckroll said:
This blog here: http://ff13vids.jugem.jp/ is reporting that Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings on the DS is just the beginning of set of games from S-E called "Ivalice Alliance" and that the second title will be Final Fantasy Tactics - The Lion War on PSP and the third title will be Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - The Sealed Grimoire. It appears that the PSP FFT is a port of the original with new jobs.

Wait, WHICH is the FFT port? Lion War or FFTA2?

And why are they calling it FFTA2 anyway?

Pureauthor said:

...advance 2?

Edit: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, REMAKE THE GAME WITH THE WHITE ENGINE AND ADD ONLINE PLAY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

duckroll

Pureauthor said:

Have you ever played FFT? The entire game was about the truth behind the "Lion War" in Ivalice history. :D

Jammy

Banned
If PSP's getting the port of the original, I hope DS is getting the true sequel. I think two screens and a touch screen can do so much for a tactical RPG.

Amir0x

Banned
Gah, another PSP port. Damn it... well, at least if it sticks that closely to the original it won't suck complete ass like FFTA.

duckroll said:
Have you ever played FFT? The entire game was about the truth behind the "Lion War" in Ivalice history. :D

I did, but didn't get very far in.

And my question remains: Why are they calling it Advance 2?

Pureauthor said:

Might be just tentative and for right now to identify itself with the Advance series, thus being a DS game.

EDIT: Or hell, it might even be a GBA game.

Alts

Pureauthor said:

Recognition? Advance Wars: Dual Strike doesn't follow the naming convention of Famicom Wars, Super Famicom Wars, etc.

Granted that is less of an issue for a series like Final Fantasy.

Jammy

Banned
Pureauthor said:

Didn't you hear about the deal Nintendo and Square-Enix made? Square-Enix can make DS games, but only if they make a GBA title for every several DS ones or something like that.

Pellham

Banned
Wow now I just have to hope PSPs will finally price drop so I can justify buying one just for the FFT port.

Good stuff though! Though without Matsuno, I am guessing new console games set in the Ivalice universe are out of the question. :/

Sigh, Final Fantasy Tactics 2 on Wii or PS3 please

I'd rather play remakes and ports of Matsuno's games then to see some newbie director **** up Matsuno's vision.

MrDaravon

duckroll said:

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD

(look at username)

runs off squealing like a little girl

Square-Enix already has DQ Monster Joker, DQIX, FFXII: RW, and FF: Crystal Chronciles coming out the DS through late 2006/2007 ... I think this is starting to get into overkill territory.

At this rate, Nintendo won't even have to release any DS projects for 2007 to keep the DS selling.

...huh. How 'bout that.

I'm definitely all, 110% about a new Final Fantasy Tactics, so I'll say I'm excited! Also, while yet another PS1 port to PSP is a little bit :lol, an expanded version of the original FFT with added gameplay content (and maybe in our fondest dreams... a halfway decent English translation?) is certainly something I wouldn't kick out of bed.

EDIT: This does line up well with the dude in the DQ IX thread who kept dropping all those weird hints about FFTA2 being on the way....

Pellham

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Maybe he left because of this.

He was a high profile producer at Square Enix with a lot of control over his game series, I doubt that even the executives would have tried pushing something like that on him. I mean for all I know you could be right, but I find it hard to believe. I'll stick to the current theory that he went batshit insane directing FF12.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
duckroll said:

We have an insider on the boards!!!

traveler

Not Wario
If this is true.....

YES!!!

The FF Tactics games are my favorite ones, gameplay-wise, so consider this gamer satisfied. I suppose the announcement makes sense, too, given Jump Festa's proximity. Oh please let this be true!

Amir0x

Banned
charlequin said:
...huh. How 'bout that.

(and maybe in our fondest dreams... a halfway decent English translation?)

That would be nice.

But what we'll actually get is 50 underage koreans working at 2 cents an hour at TOSE creating a port which looks, moves AND sounds worse than the PS1 original.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
FFT port would make me so ****en happy. Add some content (secret dungeon or two and some new Ultimate Weapons) and I would be in heaven.

Victrix

*beard*
PSP?

AHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

New FFT games?

AHHHH YESSSSSSS YESSSSSSS

No Matsuno working on them? NOOOOOOO **** NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

More FFTA crappiness? AHHHHHH **** NOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOO

I greet this news with a multitude of emotions

Pellham

Banned
Victrix said:
PSP?

AHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

New FFT games?

AHHHH YESSSSSSS YESSSSSSS

No Matsuno working on them? NOOOOOOO **** NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

More FFTA crappiness? AHHHHHH **** NOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOO

I greet this news with a multitude of emotions

just get the port and skip the non-matsuno spinoffs.

as shitty as the PSP is, its worth buying just for FFT if you are a fan.

Grayman

well, if it has to be a port at least it is a port of one of my favourite games ever. new jobs might be enough for me to pick it up, online would ice the cake.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
interesting....

i'm glad they aren't abandoning the FFTactics scene, at least. but i dunno if i'd invest in FFT Lion Wars if its only gonna be more jobs :\

Big-E

FFT on PSP is too good to be true. Me wants now :D

edit- shit Tose doing it, load time for every menu confirmed.

If true that would seem weird to split up the series like that. Especially since Tactics would be the easiest of the PS1 FFs to port to DS.

TreIII

Hmmm...

I'd be much more excited if Matsuno and/or Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre were involved in this mix, personally... :/

Kittonwy

Banned
Big-E said:
FFT on PSP is too good to be true. Me wants now :D

Ditto. FFT is my favorite SRPG of all time. Remember how father taught us how to play teh reed flute? Where did we go astray? ~_~

LION WAR!!! >_<

Pellham

Banned
JoshuaJSlone said:
If true that would seem weird to split up the series like that. Especially since Tactics would be the easiest of the PS1 FFs to port to DS.

well it's still a PS1 game in the end, so thats probably why they chose to port it to PSP.
and i dont think a system for the FFT2 game is confirmed, but it'll likely go to PSP as well.

I'd be much more excited if Matsuno and/or Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre were involved in this mix, personally... :/

Me too, but I think Ogre fans have pretty much given up on the series ever being ressurected. If Quest was still around, at least we'd still see companies like Nintendo or SNK publishing new Ogre Battle games. Thanks a lot Square Enix, for killing one of the best SRPG series ever. :mad:

I hope both come true. I feel FFTA is the best GBA games and one of the best games ever. I like FFT, but not as much as FFTA. I'd still like to play the game on PSP, with more jobs.

Top Bottom