• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 Coming To PC According to MSI

Great! I thought we would have to wait a bit longer for the announcement so it's nice to see it now. I don't think there's anything left to port except Final Fantasy X HD. Square moved a lot of Final Fantasy games to PC rather quickly!

Well even with FFX/X-2HD, we'd still need a version of FF, FFII, FFV, FFVI, FFIX, that FFXIIHD we all know is coming, Lightning Returns (still no word on that, I expect E3 as well), then we can get into offshoot stuff like Crisis Core

Makes me wonder now if this was what was being referenced with Agito earlier. Either way, it's good that Square's Japanese games are being a bit more trusting of the PC landscape. Makes me hopeful for future releases such as FF15 and Kingdom Hearts 3. I can see them continue this trend of late PC ports though, since it's a popular double-dipping mechanic for publishers.

HeelPower

Where's LR PC ?

LR would be a much more interesting game for PC considering its open world nature,heavy customization,amazing battle system and non-linearity.I think that's way more compatible with the PC crowd.

It would be very interesting to see what square and PC gamers can do with the game.

Yeah, I'm fully expecting a FFXV announcement even if it happens after the console release.

One less reason for me to get a PS4. Assuming the game doesn't turn out to be shit anyway.

HeelPower

And you can run it at amazing IQ, which is neat:
screenshot_2015-01-03r9ul6.jpg

screenshot_2014-12-25sur2t.jpg

How does this look so good.I don't remember being so impressed with XIII-2 visuals.That top pic has really nice foliage density,
Probably looks even better in motion.

Well even with FFX/X-2HD, we'd still need a version of FF, FFII, FFV, FFVI, FFIX, that FFXIIHD we all know is coming, Lightning Returns (still no word on that, I expect E3 as well), then we can get into offshoot stuff like Crisis Core

To clarify, it seems that Square has only been porting 3D final fantasies that were either made for mobile (3/4/After), a recent project (13/0), or already had a PC version(7/8). Since we know that Lightning Returns is coming eventually, that leaves 10; if they continue to follow the trend.

I wouldn't be surprised if 15 and even Mevius came to PC eventually.

Lulubop

FFXV is probably my most anticipated game, and I used to be super excited for a possible PC version. But after those FF13 games, iunno man. They should get the team that does Eidos PC ports on it.

Falk

that puzzling face
To clarify, it seems that Square has only been porting 3D final fantasies that were either made for mobile (3/4/After), a recent project (13/0), or already had a PC version(7/8). Since we know that Lightning Returns is coming eventually, that leaves 10; if they continue to follow the trend.

There's also FF6 iOS.

everyone in the nuke bunkers

HeelPower

Falk,how does XIII-2 that foliage in the archylte steppe? I remember it even reacted to wind.Its witcher 3 level

ok ,before you hang me,obviously not witcher 3 level,but it still looks really impressive for a last gen game on the supposedly crappy Crystal Tools.

Falk

that puzzling face
Not 3D, but I wouldn't mind it to be ported. All of the questionable sprites everything could eventually be modded out.

WBhEPoB.jpg

LOOKS PLENTY 3D TO ME

lol

Falk,how does XIII-2 that foliage in the archylte steppe? I remember it even reacted to wind.Its witcher 3 level

ok ,before you hang me,obviously not witcher 3 level,but it still looks really impressive for a last gen game on the supposedly crappy Crystal Tools.

Why are you asking me lol

But in all honesty looking back a generation, achieving great graphics never was a problem with crystal tools - achieving great graphics outside of a limited scope (corridors) was. I don't think it really did asset streaming all too well (see: FFXIV 1.0, some LR outdoor areas).

Also dat random framepacing.

HeelPower

Why are you asking me lol

But in all honesty looking back a generation, achieving great graphics never was a problem with crystal tools - achieving great graphics outside of a limited scope (corridors) was. I don't think it really did asset streaming all too well (see: FFXIV 1.0, some LR outdoor areas).

Also dat random framepacing.

I dunno...I just think you have the most well rounded opinions regarding the XIII games.
I also love you

I honestly think that if LR were given enough time,it would probably look a lot better than it did.

All four regions were connected via the bridges right (meaning you can run around the entire game area seamlessly)? pretty good achievement that they got it running decently in 1.5 years and on old hardware.

raven777

FINAL FANTASY公式(雑談) ‏@FF25TH_JP 1m1 minute ago
2015 MSI Computex Gaming Nightで『FINAL FANTASY零式 HD』PC版(Steam)が発表されたクポ! 配信時期などは追ってお知らせするクポ~~!

it's official now

Never was really interested in Type 0, so I think I'll still pass. Some of it might have something to do with the god awful motion blur that gives me a headache. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?

How does this look so good.I don't remember being so impressed with XIII-2 visuals.That top pic has really nice foliage density,
Probably looks even better in motion.

PC vs. Console. Better aa, IQ, resolution, framerate, etc. XIII looks better on PC as well. This is console:

7q.jpg

FF13-2_schauplatz5_Archylte-Steppe.jpg

Best place to post this?

Type-0 HD on consoles getting patch to reduce motion blur and help with the camera today:

https://twitter.com/ff25th_jp/status/608229969068572672

A little bit late for me considering that I got the plat a while back, but it'll coincide with the XV demo patch so better late than never. If I ever do a second playthrough it'll be a nice touch, but the game hasn't endeared to me as much as other FF games have.

Top Bottom