• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming on March 17 2015. Download code for FFXV demo included

Setsu00

Getting huge Baz Luhrmann vibes with this game.

Nobody on this planet can convince me that Baz Luhrmann's adaption of Romeo and Juliette wasn't an inspiration for XV. When I saw this movie in class about six years ago, the first thing that came to my mind was Versus XIII. I'm pretty sure that there is Versus trailer out there that copies some the cinematographic style of the film.

Loris146

I don't know if this is old ...

Some information by Prokanon (he works for Famitsu and he is a member of an italian forum ) about the demo :

The name "Episode Duscae" is confirmed and is derived from a particular event.
- The playing time will not be the scene of Leviathan but an advanced area of the game.
- The scenario will be a forest / grassland green.
- You will have full control of Noctis and two other heroes.
- The demo will have an average duration similar to that seen with that of FF XIII.
- There is no mention of retail version at the time (limited edition will ?!) but DD, always with date to be determined.

Original source : http://forum.spaziogames.it/board/t...PENING-TBA?p=22313785&viewfull=1#post22313785

I don't know if this is old ...

Some information by Prokanon (he works for Famitsu and he is a member of an italian forum ) about the demo :

Original source : http://forum.spaziogames.it/board/t...PENING-TBA?p=22313785&viewfull=1#post22313785

ibc6kMRTtDVa7p.gif

Could it be this area.

wmlk

Nobody on this planet can convince me that Baz Luhrmann's adaption of Romeo and Juliette wasn't an inspiration for XV. When I saw this movie in class about six years ago, the first thing that came to my mind was Versus XIII. I'm pretty sure that there is Versus trailer out there that copies some the cinematographic style of the film.

Holy crap man. I'VE ALWAYS FELT THE SAME WAY even with Gatsby. I just never said it since no one will know what I meant, but you do.

I totallly agree. Even the crystalline look that's in Romeo and Juliet and especially Gatsby. Everything is extravagant, dramatic, and crisp.

R&J in particular is a modern take on a Shakespearean tale. Luhrmann's films match up with XV so much that it's staggering. No one has brought this up.

Falk

that puzzling face
So what would you do if tonight Square Enix unveils a video that opens with the Square Enix logo

and then Blinded By Light kicks in and it's a XIII trilogy on Steam announcement complete with XIII demo on Steam

hal9001

Banned
Getting huge Baz Luhrmann vibes with this game.

Holy crap man. I'VE ALWAYS FELT THE SAME WAY even with Gatsby. I just never said it since no one will know what I meant, but you do.

I totallly agree. Even the crystalline look that's in Romeo and Juliet and especially Gatsby. Everything is extravagant, dramatic, and crisp.

R&J in particular is a modern take on a Shakespearean tale. Luhrmann's films match up with XV so much that it's staggering. No one has brought this up.

Actually is was pretty much confirmed during an interview.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-final-fantasy-xv-was-almost-a-musical

While still on the topic of film, Nomura told us that he likes to leave work at work, so he tends not to play a whole lot of games at home. Instead, he consumes movies like a junky – 2 or 3 of them on most nights. His biggest cinematic inspiration is Baz Lurhman, the visionary Australian director behind Romeo + Juliet, Moulin Rouge, and most recently The Great Gatsby. If Nomura is able to capture some of the magic of those movies and use it in Final Fantasy XV, we could be in for something special.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So what would you do if tonight Square Enix unveils a video that opens with the Square Enix logo

and then Blinded By Light kicks in and it's a XIII trilogy on Steam announcement complete with XIII demo on Steam

No Falk, no. Noooooooooooooo.

BrandonS

Banned

Where are the streams at? Is there 1 master stream that covers everything or do we need to hop around between random streams? :(

I'm more excited to play Type-0 than this demo. The huge excitement I had for FFXV when it was first revealed has slowly faded away over the years. :( It will take a lot of right moves by SE to rekindle that spark.

Reveirg

Nomura downright admitted that it was an inspiration.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I'm more excited to play Type-0 than this demo. The huge excitement I had for FFXV when it was first revealed has slowly faded away over the years. :( It will take a lot of right moves by SE to rekindle that spark.

same here. at least with type-0 we know there's actually a game there. don't care if its a "hand held" game

Go_Ly_Dow

XIII's demo was like 40-45 i remember going through at normal pace

for some people it took an hour first time because they analyzed everything

Philippo

Wait so no prologue? Weird.
I hope it's at least a couple of hours with some replay value.
Well at least we get it together with a (good) game instead of a movie.

Labadal

Wait so no prologue? Weird.
I hope it's at least a couple of hours with some replay value.
Well at least we get it together with a (good) game instead of a movie.

A couple of hours? This isn't Bravely default, this is Final Fantasy. less than an hour.

Setsu00

Nomura downright admitted that it was an inspiration.

Well, there you go.

I'm actually kinda astonished that very few actually point that out. I haven't seen Gatsby yet, but I'll probably watch it because of this conversation.

Top Bottom