• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type 0 Official Website opens

desu

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/0/

Just saw this, apparently opened today!

3gatu_senmontn8e.jpg

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Awesome. I especially like Queen's render. I can't wait for this. This is my most anticipated Fabula title out of the three (it's still part of FNC, right?)

The theme is pretty great too. Ishimoto does some fantastic work.

So if this is supposed to be out Summer 2011 in Japan, will it be safe to assume Fall/Holiday 2011 for NA?

Edit:
miladesn said:
this is the new bgm if anyone wants it.
Yoink. Thank you very much.

dili

Electivirus said:
Damn, that's a lot of blood. For a FF title, anyway.
That's the way Tabata likes it. See: Ending of Crisis Core and 3rd Birthday.

Makes me wonder what he has in store for Type 0 and how he said he wanted to showcase extremely "harsh visualizations of war", telling his team to go as far as they need to.

duckroll

The official site also confirms for the first time that Tabata is not only directing, but also credited with the scenario concept for the game.

duckroll said:
The official site also confirms for the first time that Tabata is not only directing, but also credited with the scenario concept for the game.
This is what I like to hear. Crisis Core is probably one of the best PSP games out, and because of that, I'd pretty much let Tabata do whatever the heck he wants with this game.

Wortany

It's still almost unbelievable what they can get out of the PSP graphically.

And all those different battlestyles with the characters look really interesting, hype through the roof.
Only got to get my analog fixed first. (The screws are kinda stuck, can't get the case open to replace it)

Amir0x

Banned
gah damn at the shots from that school. that is some highly detailed shit for a PSP game.\

This is by far the most interesting Final Fantasy game to me since FFXII. It looks so rad.

Go_Ly_Dow

Amir0x said:
gah damn at the shots from that school. that is some highly detailed shit for a PSP game.\

I thought it was compressed CG images or something but it looks real-time. You can see some aliasing and other small imperfections. One of the most detailed games on PSP.

KmAtH.jpg
rC6Ko.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Looks like it's the FF we've been waiting for all gen. Kind of funny how it turned out the one with the least hype, originally on Cellphones is looking the best now.

sphinx

the piano man
is this mission based?

I remember watching gameplay footage and I though it was pretty much Kingdom Hearts 358/2 but with x 1000 the eye candy.

Foffy

Banned
Sweet theme. Here hopes S-E gets the game out everywhere before the release of NGP.

How likely is a worldwide launch? Or at least one where every major region gets it in the same month ala Duodecim?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Looking good, the abilities/spells look fantastic. I think Nakazawa is the real reason to look forward to this, the combat system is by far the most appealing aspect.

kadotsu

Banned
Day 1 for a PSN version + a possible Euro Collectors Edition. Still, a NGP version that is just the uprendered PSP version with some AA would be divine.

Go_Ly_Dow

Foffy said:
Sweet theme. Here hopes S-E gets the game out everywhere before the release of NGP.

How likely is a worldwide launch? Or at least one where every major region gets it in the same month ala Duodecim?

It seems likely that we wont get any news regarding the Western release until E3. I have a feeling it will be one of the key focuses in Sony's handheld section of the conference.

Fairly confident it will release this year.

Top Bottom