• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 (PSP) - Brand new direct feed pics

Skilletor

zoner said:
Is it? The 4 characters in Yakuza don't have perfect hair. Not to the Square degree at least.

And I'm sure for that one example I can look up any random RPG or anime that has a number of "bishonen" characters.

hauton said:
Hogwarts for Zippers and Belts Fashionistas?

Nomura did character design for this?

Day 1 easily. Game looks fantastic and love the bit about being able to get the enemies to surrender.

Now I need a date so that I can get that pre-order in...

Effect

Do games like this simply run better on the later PSP systems compared to a launch system? I haven't touched mine in years to be honest other then to play some demos. I honestly only have two games for it but I'd be interested in picking this up if my system will run it as it's suppose to be run.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Skilletor said:
And I'm sure for that one example I can look up any random RPG or anime that has a number of "bishonen" characters.

Nomura did character design for this?
And almost all of those games will be from the same publisher.

Skilletor said:
Why do I see so many people level this complaint at Square when it's really a cultural thing?

because Square has autonomy in deciding how to design their characters. maybe I'm underestimating pop culture's hold on Japan though--this shit has been going on for a long time at Square.

Effect said:
Do games like this simply run better on the later PSP systems compared to a launch system? I haven't touched mine in years to be honest other then to play some demos. I honestly only have two games for it but I'd be interested in picking this up if my system will run it as it's suppose to be run.

There's going to be a slight difference between the base model 1000 and 2000/3000 because more ram was introduced in the 2000. Games, starting with Crisis Core, can be tailored to load a bit faster with the newer models. Then again most new games allow you to do a partial install to cut down on the load times.

Your PSP will play these games just fine, without the extra RAM or installing, both would just help speed the experience up a bit.

duckroll

Not sure if anyone cares, but I'm going to translate some of the plot stuff in the preview:

Worldview said:
In the world of Oriens, there are four countries - each possessing a crystal. One such country is Rubrum, the nation symbolized by Suzaku (the Japanese phoenix) known for their strength in magical ability. Another country is the Milites Empire, flying under the flag of Byakko (the white tiger), a developed country which has long researched into advanced military weapons.

There are also rumors of a castle built high beyond the clouds somewhere, housing the nation of Seiryuu, and also the nation of Genbu which believes in physical training and development above all else.

In all the land of Oriens, the people know of a prophecy handed down through the generations: "When the great calamity of Finis is upon us, the savior Agito will appear."

Mythology said:
The Lore of Oriens:

In distant past, four lights of hope descended upon man.
Man gathered the light, and built the four Peristyliums.

Peristyliums. They are the faith and order of society.
And the four paths which mankind chose to walk.

The path of Suzaku. Flaming wings upon the soaring mind.

The path of Byakko. Iron arms craddling knowledge.

The path of Seiryuu. Pure eyes across the sky.

The path of Genbu. A solid shield hiding the blade.

Thus, when the time of the 9 and the 9 and the 9 approaches, as it meant to be, Finis will descend upon the world.

This world is called Oriens.

A world spinning around a helix of hope, awaiting the arrival of Agito.

Peristylium Suzaku said:
In the Peristylium Suzuka, students are divided into various different classes depending on their abilities and suitabilities. Out of all the students, some are specially selected to become Agito candidates, potential saviors of the world. All students in this Peristylium strife to become such candidates. The player controls a team of students from a particular class - Class Zero.

Crazetex

This looks pretty cool, and Nine and Queen are attractive. I thought Ace was a female and an Ashe look-alike until I saw that he is voiced by Hope's voice actor. Welp.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Topic Derail: Beware

Why is it 3DS games don't really look like PSP games? Is it a art style difference or something? Even looking at the 3DS KH trailer and the PSP KH game they just don't look the same, and it's obviously not tech limitations for either system like comparing the DS and the PSP.

duckroll said:
Not sure if anyone cares, but I'm going to translate some of the plot stuff in the preview:

One such country is Rubrum,

Explains all the red.

So if Suzaku is magic, Byakko is tech, and Genbu is physical prowess, what does that leave Seiryuu?

"They live in the sky, I guess" doesn't count. :p

StuBurns

Banned
jA6aP.jpg

This one is really insane.

The game looks so good, stunning.

Brettison said:

Why is it 3DS games don't really look like PSP games? Is it a art style difference or something? Even looking at the 3DS KH trailer and the PSP KH game they just don't look the same, and it's obviously not tech limitations for either system like comparing the DS and the PSP.
Resolution perhaps? Less dithering? Are you comparing bullshots?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brettison said:

People know the PSP tech by now.
3DS tech is still new.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
_dementia said:
Resolution perhaps? Less dithering? Are you comparing bullshots?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean

IDK it's hard to describe what I see in my mind. Shit just looks different. Best example I could compare it to is how the DC was known for having that certain sort of color explosion look in a lot of it's games compared to say other consoles. PSP games like KH, FF:CC, Dissidia, MGS:pW etc... just have this look to them compared to say the 3DS even with comparing games from the same franchise.

IDK.... it's probably just some crazy mind fuck of my own... LOL

xion4360

B.K. said:
HNRpd.jpg

Best Nomura female design ever?

Is nomura doing character designs for this? .. and also if it is I wouldnt agree with you.. I mean she looks pretty simplistic. Nothing making her particularly better than stella, or Lightning who I really like

Takao said:
I imagine an NGP port is more likely than a 3DS port.
NGP will get it via PSN anyway. I can't imagine Sony not bending the rules for this game, it's not Falcom.

If it did get a 3DS port, I think that'd be mostly for the west (like FFXIII).

Spiegel

lunchwithyuzo said:
NGP will get it via PSN anyway. I can't imagine Sony not bending the rules for this game, it's not Falcom.

If it did get a 3DS port, I think that'd be mostly for the west (like FFXIII).

Sony said that some PSP games will be re-released on NGP cards.

zoner said:
And almost all of those games will be from the same publisher.

No, they aren't. Namco, Square, Konami, even Capcom; they've all made games with primarily bishounen casts. It's a cultural thing.

Anyway, screens look great. Hopefully I can get Remotejoy working again by the time it releases.

xion4360 said:
Is nomura doing character designs for this? .. and also if it is I wouldnt agree with you.. I mean she looks pretty simplistic. Nothing making her particularly better than stella, or Lightning who I really like

His name is on the initial sketches but I'm sure he just did rudimentary markings and let the art staff go from there.

Oh and did you say you liked Lightning?

Effect

Brettison said:
IDK it's hard to describe what I see in my mind. Shit just looks different. Best example I could compare it to is how the DC was known for having that certain sort of color explosion look in a lot of it's games compared to say other consoles. PSP games like KH, FF:CC, Dissidia, MGS:pW etc... just have this look to them compared to say the 3DS even with comparing games from the same franchise.

IDK.... it's probably just some crazy mind fuck of my own... LOL

Perhaps a few screenshots to show what you mean?

Cwarrior

The only se game that looks remotely interesting.

Really hyped for this, only problem is now i need to find my launch psp

Still intrigued by this game, although I'm not exactly chomping at the bits for it or anything. But I'll probably check it out sometime after it launches.

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Why not make this a NGP launch title?

Because the PSP market is huge and the NGP market isn't. Square has the choice between releasing a game on one of the most successful platforms (in Japan) of the past decade, or on a completely unknown platform. What would you do?

Lain

xion4360 said:

I see you're a man of refined tastes. I like you.

I hope this game won't take too long to get to the west after it comes out in the east, because I really want to play it.

Aeana

Sad to see that they haven't released much more info about Orience and the lore than what I already translated for my Agito awareness thread. I hope they go into further detail soon.

Also glad to see people finally interested in this game.

anaron

I've missed Naora's art direction. Looks sublime.

That plus the Tonberry have me excited. :p

Sad to see that they haven't released much more info about Orience and the lore than what I already translated for my Agito awareness thread. I hope they go into further detail soon.Also glad to see people finally interested in this game.
Glad to see you're still around here. :)

Huff

Banned
Mailenstein said:
Looks incredible, but I'm afraid it won't hold up to it's title expectations.

SE has been fantastic on handhelds this gen, it's okay to believe the hype for this one.

.la1n

TheChillyAcademic said:
Firstly:

This will always be Agito, Type 0 (Reishiki or whatever) is a god awful blight of a name!

Secondly:

Is that a Tonberry?!!?

jA6aP.jpg

Tonberry?

vadernooooooo.gif

Top Bottom