• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 (PSP) - Brand new direct feed pics

duckroll

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201103/25041612.html

rbqPb.jpg

hZ18n.jpg

Vp4dn.jpg

jA6aP.jpg

9VoLB.jpg

en7Gr.jpg

Wn58O.jpg

More at the link, someone else might want to rehost the rest. When you're fighting enemy units with commanders, if you kill the commander, it seems the enemy unit will surrender, allowing you to talk to them to extract information.

Lydecker

Neo Member
Famitsu was supposed to add some informations about the game in its pages, but I guess we will have to wait for a translation.

Kuran

Banned
jj984jj said:
I can't believe that's a PSP game.

_dementia said:
What an impressive looking game for the hardware.

Are people finally starting to realize it? There have been PSP games with this level of graphics for a while now... check out Peace Walker, Monster Hunter, Kingdom Hearts, Parasite Eve, Tekken 6, Crisis Core, ...

duckroll

Lydecker said:
Famitsu was supposed to add some informations about the game in its pages, but I guess we will have to wait for a translation.

There wasn't a whole lot of information. They revealed 4 characters and their voice actors, had some battle screens showing various combo attacks, and enemies surrendering (as seen here), and had the same general worldview stuff about Oriens and the various Peristyliums, etc, which was already in Jump.

Takao

Banned
Will wait for NGP re-release on one cart/download.

I kid, I kid - though if there's no PSN version I'm not buying a 2 UMD game.

Kuran said:
Are people finally starting to realize it? There have been PSP games with this level of graphics for a while now... check out Peace Walker, Monster Hunter, Kingdom Hearts, Parasite Eve, Tekken 6, Crisis Core, ...
I have Peace Walker. These look better.

I'm loving the art style. This is quickly becoming my most anticipated Final Fantasy since the Squaresoft days. Come on Squenix, please don't let me down!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kuran said:
I have played 4 of those, this looks better.

Kuran said:

Yeah, I don't see the big deal about the graphics. I would never mistake this for anything other than a PSP game.

Kuran said:

Can't leave out Dissidia, made me say damn...twice! Now this is a FF I can get hyped about.

duckroll

Here are some of the gameplay mechanics/story:

Ace using "Wall" to create a protective barrier, which shatters after receiving a set amout of damage:

Vp4dn.jpg
Wxt2B.jpg

Ace using the "card" attack:

rbqPb.jpg

Queen using "Mithril Saber":

Kf5Zd.jpg

Queen using "Cross":

VlzdM.jpg

Nine using "Holy Lance":

q5spl.jpg

Nine using "Jump":

wNXwk.jpg

The enemy leader is marked with an icon, and defeating him makes his troops surrender:

en7Gr.jpg
Wn58O.jpg

This is Ace, he is voiced by Yuki Kaji, who previously voiced Hope in FFXIII:

bcBEE.jpg

This is Queen, she is voiced by Ami Koshimizu, a popular voice actress in anime:

HNRpd.jpg

This is Nine, he is voiced by Daisuke Ono, who voiced Snow in FFXIII:

hZ18n.jpg

The previous three characters are all students in Class Zero of the Suzaku Peristylium, a magical school. This is Kurasame, the instructor in charge of Class Zero, he is voiced by Takahiro Sakurai, who also voices Cloud in FFVII:

9VoLB.jpg

This is the classroom of Class Zero, note the Tonberry who follows Kurasame around:

jA6aP.jpg

And this is the Suzaku Peristylium as seen on the outside:

ubelk.jpg

Day 1, but I throw up in my mouth a little every time I see a new batch of Square-Enix characters. There should be a picture of one of these "bad ass" anime dudes with big hair and high fashion next to the word "pretentious" in the dictionary.

Lydecker

Neo Member
duckroll said:
There wasn't a whole lot of information. They revealed 4 characters and their voice actors, had some battle screens showing various combo attacks, and enemies surrendering (as seen here), and had the same general worldview stuff about Oriens and the various Peristyliums, etc, which was already in Jump.

Oh that's too bad, I thought we would have much more details about Type-0, this game is making me more and more excited tho

.JayZii

Banned
These look great, I need this now. I especially like the overall sepia tone they've given this game. Also, I was staring at the katakana for "mythril" for about a minute before I figured out what it was. Obviously I haven't played RPGs in Japanese before.

Looks incredible and will most likely be the last AAA PSP title developed by S-E before they switch over to the NGP.

And with S-E's recent quickness with localization, I bet we'll see a US release by 9/30/11. Hyped. Day one in the US. But if Europe gets another outstanding LE, I'll have to import it somehow.

AAK

I'll be honest, based on those recent jump festa trailers... this looks like the strongest of all 3 titles FFXIII-2, FFvXIII, and Agito

Lydecker

Neo Member
RisingZan said:
So this is a RTB action rpg, yes? Or is even that unclear at this point?

It's the same type of gameplay that was already used in Crisis Core.

Some kind of ATB mixed with a Kingdom Hearts: BBS gameplay, it could be great for sure

Thoraxes

I'm hoping for a PSN version! Sure a 2 UMD game is cool, but i'd rather get it for my GO than my launch-day PSP.

Is it too early to hope that they'll port this to the 3DS? Maybe with magic somehow?

Yaweee

AAK said:
I'll be honest, based on those recent jump festa trailers... this looks like the strongest of all 3 titles FFXIII-2, FFvXIII, and Agito

I once thought the same thing about 4 Light Warriors, but only once it was released did people start realizing a bunch of the baffling design decisions.

Green Mamba said:
Nice graphics, though I don't really care for the lazy character design.
I'm so sick of every character being graceful and elegant, with perfect hair. The bishonen fetish at Square needs to end.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Thoraxes said:
I'm hoping for a PSN version! Sure a 2 UMD game is cool, but i'd rather get it for my GO than my launch-day PSP.

Is it too early to hope that they'll port this to the 3DS? Maybe with magic somehow?
If anything, you'd think the whole 2 umd thing would make a dl release more likely, but then again Sony likes to be dumbly restrictive about PSN

Skilletor

lunarworks said:
I'm so sick of every character being graceful and elegant, with perfect hair. The bishonen fetish at Square needs to end.

Why do I see so many people level this complaint at Square when it's really a cultural thing?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Skilletor said:
Why do I see so many people level this complaint at Square when it's really a cultural thing?
Is it? The 4 characters in Yakuza don't have perfect hair. Not to the Square degree at least.

Takao

Banned
Thoraxes said:

I imagine an NGP port is more likely than a 3DS port.

Top Bottom