• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII on PS3 and PS4 (Gameblog rumor)

According to an insider source of french website Gameblog :

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/35171-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-sortira-sur-ps4-et-ps3

Google translate said:
According to our source close to Square Enix, we are able to confirm the arrival of Final Fantasy Versus XIII on PS3 ... and PS4.

According to our information, the change would have occurred there are now nearly 2 years. A moment more complex during development. The life of the project has been anything but smooth sailing. But no, the title is definitely not canceled.

Note that today, the title would be dedicated to Sony machines and therefore do not come out on Xbox 360.

Our source confirmed that Sony would have helped this transition with the PS4 portage financially. The price for such exclusivity? Difficult to judge. Remains to be more and know a release date. Square Enix is scheduled to speak on the subject at E3 2013 in June in Los Angeles ...

Versus XIII, dammit.

Nibel

It's hilarious that I bought the PS3 just because of Versus and MGS4 back then :lol And now I'll probably end up with the PS4 version

Can't wait for the Pikmin 3 effect

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
If Sony did help out, I can't see how a PS3 version would be advantageous to them at all unless theyre also getting a percentage of its sales.

An exclusive Final Fantasy would be a pretty big PS4 selling point.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Why PS3 and PS4?

I know the install base is bigger for PS3, but still.
Have you see SE latest financial results ? And they never had such a big game exclusive around the launch of a new system ... This isn't The Bouncer, but a game that has to sell a couple millions to recoup costs.

Sounds good to me, hopefully it releases this winter :)
I hope the rumour about rebranding the name is true though, 'Versus XIII' just sounds dumb now.

Feep

Banned
If the game ever comes out, this was ever the only financially viable solution.

I treat FFXIII VS like the sun: be aware of its presence, but never look directly for it.

This game singlehandedly took over namura`s life correct? I hope it delivers like kingdom hearts. Seems lots of time and money on a title announced 6 years ago.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Hmm, so I wonder if that earlier FFXV rumor was bogus, or maybe PS4 is getting Versus XIII and FFXV. Which would be excellent.

If Sony did help out, I can't see how a PS3 version would be advantageous to them at all unless theyre also getting a percentage of its sales.

An exclusive Final Fantasy would be a pretty big PS4 selling point.

They would have to compensate SE for few milions of ps3 games not sold and with ps3/ps4 version they probably only cover cost of porting to ps4.

And no matter if you buy on PS3 or Ps4 they still get money ;)

Elaborate on this, some hint of where you heard it, at least? Or otherwise Raul sucks.

Raúl is God.

Basically, late rumors have appointed so, and it's logical to think that they haven't shown anything in a couple of years for a simple reason. The game was being developed for an unannounced platform.

I dunno whether they'll show this on E3 or TGS, but expect news soon.

GorillaJu

Raul is God.

Basically, late rumors have appointed so, and it's logical to think that they haven't shown anything in a couple of years for a simple reason. The game was being developed for an unannounced platform.

I dunno wether they'll show this on E3 or TGS, but expect news soon.

Oh, okay. So you've just followed the same logical conclusion that many others have. Thought you were ITKing it up. Raul remains decent but in the shadow of the one true God.

Is it? Unless it's substantially better on PS4 then I don't see it being much of a system seller.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a visual disparity between the two versions, chances are they've worked on the PS3 version and when they started implementing Luminous tech/changing the engine they probably pushed it a lot further on the PS4.
They might release a LE for the PS4 version (only) as well to tempt people + PS4 pack ins?

Z3M0G

Sounds good to me, hopefully it releases this winter :)
I hope the rumour about rebranding the name is true though, 'Versus XIII' just sounds dumb now.

Not only that, but they really should sever all connections to the XIII universe... just like what happened with "Agito XIII" (lol)

TriGen

With this game's development, I'd be worried about the PS3 version, from a technical standpoint. VGleaks said this became a PS4 exclusive, because Sony was co-developing and wanted to make it a PS4 game, so it'll be interesting to see what happens at E3. They also said that the name Versus was dropped, which I think is the right way to go.

Both versions makes more sense anyway, PS3 = huge install base for SE, PS4 = massive franchise for launch for Sony plus it means there's a potential demographic established on the PS4 to sell the next FF (XV/XVI?) to.
And everyone who has said 'I've waited X years for this game/I bought a PS3 for this game' can't really complain because it's still available on that platform.

Aguirre

Because launching only on PS4 would be a monumental waste of money?

Not when it's available on PS3 as well. Maybe if it was much, much more advanced than Versus, but I wouldn't get my hopes up on that.

well maybe if the graphics and framerate is vastly superior on ps4....

Ravage

This game singlehandedly took over namura`s life correct? I hope it delivers like kingdom hearts. Seems lots of time and money on a title announced 6 years ago.

Nah he was involved in many other projects in the past few years. It is very likely that the Versus project only entered full production stage for a fraction of that 6 years timeframe.

Top Bottom