• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII PC port for PS4 out Oct 16th, $15.99

ps3ud0

Damn Capcom are thinking 'we priced Resident Evil HD Remake too low...'

Knowing the PS1 version of FF7 is £8 on PSN last time I looked (does go half price when in sales) - pricing isnt a surprise...

ps3ud0 8)

I would go for the Platinum trophy, then I saw this:

n5lN7n.png

Nevermind.
I have already done that plenty of times with the original.
Platinum trophy, here we go!

Pachimari

Dunno if I should get this for the PlayStation buttons of just stick to my Steam version and the fan translation. I have never played FFVII before.

I made it all the way to the Chocobo breeding, and I couldn't go any further when it originally came out... It just got complicated and wasn't fun... Now I wonder if I want to give it a go...

Cornbread78

I'll but this... Price is to be expected since the direct port already on PSN is $9.99 and this is an updated "port" with trophies... uggh, I'll buy it, lol.

Omadahl

Banned
Steam summer sale had it for $5. Doesn't matter that I have my original discs, I went and bought it because I'm a chump.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
October is JRPG month because:

Oct 13 - Dragon Quest Heroes
Oct 16 - Final Fantasy VII
Oct 20 - Tales of Zestiria
Oct 22? - Trails of Cold Steel

KHlover

Banned
Steam summer sale had it for $5. Doesn't matter that I have my original discs, I went and bought it because I'm a chump.
You paid for the comfort of not having to use fan patches and shit just to get the game to work and render in an acceptable resolution on a modern OS.

ethomaz

Banned
I would go for the Platinum trophy, then I saw this:

n5lN7n.png

Nevermind.
That is easy.

I have my PS1 save where I stole enough item to make all my main chars to reach 255 speed stat (to be fair I just reached ~220 for each char and my PS1 brooke but I have the save yet).

That was crazy.

PS. You need to master all materias to get the three all in one materias... I did that 3 times to have 3 all in one materias in the 3 main chars.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
And people thought that N64 games for 10$ was overpriced. Looks like we got a new champion.

Bluenoser

I'll probably bite the bullet and pay the $20+ it will be in Canada since I've never double dipped on this game. Bought it when it came out in 1997, still have that copy, and this will be my 2nd purchase. Still damn expensive.

Z3M0G

I will buy for this price (NA)

Wait is this a straight port like PS3 version or a remake?

Good lord... neither.

- "PS3 Version" is the actual PS1 version, just released digitally
- this is not the "Remake" announced at E3, if that is what you mean (I really hope not)

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Why is it taking longer then the FFX HD Remaster Port?
If they was added stuff that wasn't in the original PC port (ie updated textures/widescreen support/ replacing the old block models and using the higher detailed battle character models instead)fine but they not.

Joqu

Yeah, updated translation and I'll bite. I wish they'd say something on this, I want to give the game a replay but if it's the old translation I'll just grab the PC version with the fan translation.

Fdkn

to get the money you only have to sell the mastered materias and then load the game, the grind is nonexistant in a normal run (normal meaning beating Emerald and Ruby)

I hope the rumours of new translation are true, if not I'll wait for a sale

PseudoViper

I can't help but think this port will determine whether or not the "remake" will actually happen. Somehow I get the feeling Square is going to decide NOT to move forward if sales are not up to far for this port then there's not a market for a remake.

Or maybe they are just going to milk it 'till the end.

Either way, $15.99 is wayyyy too much.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Wait is this a straight port like PS3 version or a remake?
No that version looks like this
muUSb7T.jpg

The PS4 version will be 1080p and playable and won't make your eyes bleed.
I hope they do FFVIII and FFIX too

Godcannon

Tempted to wait for an inevitable sale. Tell you what SE, give us first details on the remake around that time and I'll bite.

Windforce

The PS1 classic on PS3/Vita costs 9,99.

So 16 is fine for this PC port. HD graphics and trophies (especially if it has a platinum) make it worth it.

Top Bottom