• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII PC port for PS4 out Oct 16th, $15.99

Via NovaCrystallis

Square Enix has announced that the PC port of Final Fantasy VII will be releasing on PS4 in North America and Europe on October 16th, 2015 for $16.99/£12.99/€15.99.

EDIT: It looks like the port is delayed because DotEmu, the French company handling it, is being restructured. OK, here's something weird. As recently as April, the LinkedIn for the former CTO and the Facebook page for French company DotEmu, who did the original PC port, both said that they were handling the PS4 port. Now BOTH references have been deleted. (Don't have a link for Facebook, sorry, but I did see it with my own eyes before it was deleted.)

Now the CTO's page says there is a "new management and technical team taking over the company" as of November. I'm gonna bet that's the reason for the delay?

EDIT2: Square told GameInformer that the October date is wrong, still aiming for Winter 2015 as announced during E3.

Saiyan-Rox

12.99?

Whaaaaa? oh who am I kidding I'll end up buying this to tide a little over until the remake and so that the original is fresh in my mind.

Oh and trophies.

Shin-Ra

They should probably talk a bit more about what's updated and what's the same before getting to the pricing part.

Wait its still gonna cost more then the PC version? How can they charge that much for a touch'd up PS1 game? Especially when they are working on a remake.

GrayChild

Gold Member
Quite expensive for a port of a port of an 18 year old game. I guess it may also be due to the new translation they were making.

artsi

Pretty pricey but I'll buy it.

If it supports analog, d-pad and rumble with the graphics of the PC version and original music then it's the best version.

mintylurb

I was just making a thread about this announcement with the title: Final Fantasy VII for PS4 out Oct 16th.. Dang it op.

Dremark

Banned
Wow the remake is out already? So cheap too, I assumed it would be a $60 game. I'm all over this.

Yes, I'm joking.

$16.99?
*boisterous laugh*

People are going to buy it.

Did they retranslate it or something at least? Otherwise the Vita version is the best.

Tizoc

Come on people I'm hype for FF7 Remake as much as the next guy, but even this is too pricey.
I say get it for $5 then relive the nostalgia :V

Shin-Ra

I was just making a thread about this announcement with the title: Final Fantasy VII for PS4 out Oct 16th.. Dang it op.
glN5dS.gif

Top Bottom