• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Demo Might Be Coming To PSN

Flyinmunky

Kinda don't want a demo. I'm playing it day 1 so will wait for release.

Would rather a new trailer with Red XIII showing up so we can see his new design. Hated his look in Advent children.

OrionNebula

Kinda don't want a demo. I'm playing it day 1 so will wait for release.

Would rather a new trailer with Red XIII showing up so we can see his new design. Hated his look in Advent children.

You don’t have to play it, you know?
Personally, I want to get to know more about that smooth-as-butter, sweet-ass combat system before I actually start a new game, instead of either enduring a badly started game or restarting it all once I get the hang of it after a few hours or so

Plus one doesn’t exclude the other. We’re bound to get something new before long, as far as ‘’trailer’’ goes (perhaps Jan 31st as it was the release of the original FF7 in Japan, in 1997)
We’re less than 70 days away from release, after all. I expect to see a crapload more stuff in the upcoming month or so, including Nanaki

stickkidsam

Looks like we've got confirmation of a demo!! Now... WHEN will it release...? I've seen speculation that it will be on Jan 31st to coincide with the soundtrack release, but my hope is that it'll be made available with the upcoming Playstation event on the 6th, or maybe even the NewYear!

OrionNebula

Looks like we've got confirmation of a demo!! Now... WHEN will it release...? I've seen speculation that it will be on Jan 31st to coincide with the soundtrack release, but my hope is that it'll be made available with the upcoming Playstation event on the 6th, or maybe even the NewYear!

A Playstation event on the 6th?
Sony’s not ‘’just’’ Playstation, you realize that, right?

(Not saying it can’t happen on the 6th, though, but I have my doubts)

stickkidsam

A Playstation event on the 6th?
Sony’s not ‘’just’’ Playstation, you realize that, right?

(Not saying it can’t happen on the 6th, though, but I have my doubts)
lol yeah I realize that. I was just too lazy to find the name of the event. It's probably a stretch that it would happen on the 6th, but those 3 dates seem to be the most likely launch dates imo.

Kev Kev

Someone already cracked the demo and posted the intro on over r/FFVIIRemake

giphy.gif

its so gooooood!!

OrionNebula

Right.... because it's possible to see a demo of FFVII Remake sitting there ready for download every time you look at the PSN Store and not playing it....

Come on man.

Then stop whining about it and just play it, then 😜

But honestly, we’re almost at 2 months away from the actual release at this point, plus you already probably saw the entire demo already as sites like eurogamer have showed it from beginning to end, minus a few things and perhaps some cinematics (not to mention you already know the story, too)

Grinchy

Banned
March 3rd? For a demo that people can already access? Damn.

The missed opportunity was releasing it on Friday February 7th. I saw that on reddit one day and thought it would have been a great promotional date.

Thabass

march 3rd for demo

boo

Uh, I don't buy it. There was no announcement from Square Enix themselves saying the demo releases on that day. I think GameSpot is making shit up. And Square is too good on communicating that type of stuff. I wouldn't put any stock into it until you hear from Square themselves.

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

So the only way to get Carbuncle is to get the $330 edition ? He was in the game originally right? Maybe just early access to him ?

RPGCrazied

Would they really release a demo on release day? That would be a colossal fuck up if true.

Last edited:

Neil

Gamespot have updated their article:
[Editor's Note] This piece originally stated a Final Fantasy VII Remake demo would launch alongside the game. This was an incorrect assumption on GameSpot's part and we regret the error.

Last edited:
Top Bottom