• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake (part 1?) is on two Blu-Rays

D.Final

Banned
Confirmed in Live now

Update:

xpFvhNj.jpg

RDnuhFw.jpg

vqbGsFa.jpg

Last edited:

Bullet Club

• New tactical mode in (optional)
  • Enemies have a focus gauge; if filled, you can stagger your attacks for bonus damage
  • Filling ATB allows you to use Tactical Mode, game slows down and allows you to plan to use abilities
  • Item usage is limited
  • FFVII Remake will be split into 2 Blu-Ray discs worth of content with Part 1 consisting entirely of Midgar
  • Stagger mechanic from Final Fantasy XIII is in
  • FFVII Remake will expand on the story of Midgar

Arkage

Banned
  • New tactical mode in (optional)
  • Enemies have a focus gauge; if filled, you can stagger your attacks for bonus damage
  • Filling ATB allows you to use Tactical Mode, game slows down and allows you to plan to use abilities
  • Item usage is limited
  • FFVII Remake will be split into 2 Blu-Ray discs worth of content with Part 1 consisting entirely of Midgar
  • Stagger mechanic from Final Fantasy XIII is in
  • FFVII Remake will expand on the story of Midgar

I really don't think part 1 is just Midgar. He said Midgar is so big it could be it's own game, but not that it would be the only playable thing on the first disc.

Though it annoys me they didn't clarify the situation, just said some vague stuff you have to make assumptions about.

Last edited:

danielberg

Neophyte
Expanding midgar to a single game is stupid ok lets see if they fuck up the pacing more than the move to 3d already would have..

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I'm a little confused if it's only two games and game one is Midgar. Midgar is 4-5 hours long. Even if they greatly expand everything to fill a game it will be hard to fit the rest of the game into one more game. There's a lot of stuff that happens after Midgar.

Last edited:

newtonfb

I'm a little confused if it's only two games and game one is Midgar. Midgar is 4-5 hours long. Even if they greatly expand everything to fill a game it will be hard to fit the rest of the game into one more game. There's a lot of stuff that happens after Midgar.

Agreed. We need clarification on this.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels

Pagusas

Elden Member
Anyone else see the deluxe edition of FF7 remake is 2 Blu-ray disk? I think he really meant the Midgar part 1 is two blue ray disk. Not that the game is divided into 2 sections

Last edited:

wzy

So basically what I was afraid of then. That much time in Midgar is... a bad sign, to say the least. This game is going to be FFXV-7.

newtonfb

From the press release.

"The first game in this project will be set in the eclectic city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience that provides a great starting point to the series."

Also it states " First on PS4" so that means itll be timed exclusive probably

Reactions: TLZ

Manus

The music sold me. I may not really enjoy the gameplay, but boy the music gave me the feels.

I do like how they brought in the stagger system from FFXIII.

Last edited:

Belmonte

They made a great middle term between ATB and real time. Really good idea to make it a kind of RTWP, like a more action focused FFXII!

It seems whatever at first, since you can put magic and abilities in the shortcut menu, but I imagine it will be very handy when you have lots of moves avaiable. And it is cool to see everything in slow motion also!

Dacon

Banned
From the press release.

"The first game in this project will be set in the eclectic city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience that provides a great starting point to the series."

Also it states " First on PS4" so that means itll be timed exclusive probably

Link?

Rising_Hei

Well. i think Midgar is one of the harderst parts to adapt, and one of the most that needed more love, imo.
But i have to wonder how many parts in total will this remake have lol

Last edited:

wzy

Close. It's the most expensive part to adapt, which is why you're getting 30 hours of sidequests before you're allowed to leave.

NahaNago

I'm getting the feeling that they are majorly expanding on the story. Midgar was already a pretty huge part of the game. So 2 discs doesn't seem too crazy for a squareenix game.

Thabass

I really don't think part 1 is just Midgar. He said Midgar is so big it could be it's own game, but not that it would be the only playable thing on the first disc.

Though it annoys me they didn't clarify the situation, just said some vague stuff you have to make assumptions about.

It's just Midgar from what I've been told.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Got a feeling this will be 3 parts. Part 1 - Midgar, Part 2 till Aerith's death, Part 3 the rest.

Also if you notice, the original Midgar was just 5 hours and focused on the slums and the HQ.

This game will probably allow you to explore all sectors and reactors.

danielberg

Neophyte
I am not worried about combat anymore i basically like everything i have seen lol
I wonder if they switched around story stuff and integrated later parts into midgar god i hope not, its probably just that they didnt want to start the "open world" segment on "last gen" hardware.

newtonfb

I just dont understand how they are not fitting Midgar on 1 disc. Plenty of huge open world games bigger than Midgar are on 1 disc. Apparently they are making Midgar massive?

Top Bottom