• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake opening movie

DelireMan7

This game looks really really good. So sad it's episodic.

I waited 15 years to play the original and I don't have problem waiting another 15 years to play the Full version of the remake :)

DonF

The mad men did it. Could be a new golden age for Square if they stick to it.
I hope so buddy, I really do. I'm so nostalgic for ps1/ps2 ...even ps3 era Square. With Dragon Quest XI and FF7 remake, I hope they get their confidence back and try new IPs or old IPs...without nomura hahaha.

Birdo

Banned
How is this comparable to the George Lucas situation?

Well, I've spent most of my life seeing the game in it's original form, and now it's suddenly different. It's kind of jarring.

I know a movie remake would be a better analogy, but this is being remade by the same guy. So Lucas seemed a better comparison.

HarryKS

Well, I've spent most of my life seeing the game in it's original form, and now it's suddenly different. It's kind of jarring.

I know a movie remake would be a better analogy, but this is being remade by the same guy. So Lucas seemed a better comparison.

This one shows complete reverence to the source material though.

Is all this real-time? :messenger_astonished:

No

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Holy shit that was amazing.
Only sad thing is cloud missed his flute audio cue when jumping off the train. They showed Barrett for some reason during it 😡

MiguelItUp

looks horrible. hope this is not final.
giphy.gif

Really though, it's looking phenomenal. God, the music is SOOOO nostalgic. I just really wish this wasn't episodic. Honestly I'm not going to even bother until it's all out. What's waiting a little more? 🤷🏻‍♂️

HotPocket69

Banned
How many times will I have to pay 60 bucks to finish this fucking thing?

Are they still “unsure” of how many parts it will be?

Imagine them stopping after part 2 after you find Yuffie or Vincent or some shit.

“Sowwy” - Nomura

MiguelItUp

Man I have no idea but for awhile i was under the impression we were getting the whole experience in April and that it wasn’t going to be divided up.

Paying 120+ for this 😂

And people WILL pay it

FnYEysG.jpg

That's exactly what I was thinking for awhile! When I found out and was like maaaan wtf, lmao.

Oh for sure, people are gonna complain while pulling out their wallets, haha.

Shin

Banned
SE trying to get a jump on early leakers?
This is one game I rather not watch anything until it's in my hands :)

Kev Kev

amazing. even after everything they've shown and e3 2015 being 5 years ago, i still find my self thinking" i can't believe this is happening right now" every time i watch one of this trailers/clips

heres to hoping they can stick the landing

Holy shit the scale. How does this game keep looking better and better.
This makes the original stars intro look like shit in comparison lol.

Last edited:

Damigos

Already game of the generation. I cant wait for a full 4k 60 of all episodes on PS5, but for now i ll play this with all my heart.

In case anyone missed it, the wastelands outside Midgar is a direct result of Midgar absorbing life from the planet. They reiterate it again, with the dead flowers inside Midgar, the fact that they're so self-aware of the world they're building is astounding!

EDMIX

I have a solution.

Wait till its $20.

Then you can buy 3 parts and it'll add up to $60.

Problem solved.

This x 1000.

I don't think folks truly understand how massive this remake is. We don't even have 1 reference of a game getting remade to this scale of a game made that long ago. FFVII has some shit like 15 towns in this massive open world, translating that to MODERN GAMING is legit creating one of the most massive and detailed open worlds in recent memory. So I don't think many really, REALLY realize that, they simply think "remake" is some secret code for copy paste and the game can be made in 1 day or something.

If they rushed development and decided to save money and not hurt anyones "feelings" and put it all on 1 disk or 1 release, folks would bitch about it.

At the very least, folks need to even respect that they are putting as much energy and respect into this remake. They are not pretending its going to be some standard, smooth release, they are very much acknowledging that games of this nature take time. What they are doing with this JRPG is unprecedented in regards to remakes of such a scale. If it takes them many releases, then so be it. That ensures EACH FUCKING PART OF THE GAME IS WORTH ITS WEIGHT! In order for them to sell you part 2, 3, 4 etc EACH PART clearly must fucking be worth $60 or most will just wait til its done. This means Square has a incentive to make each actual component of the game as amazing as they can.

If someone is just waiting until its 100% complete...sure, no issue, consider...is that not what we would ALL be doing with a release of a game? Waiting til its done? No one is forcing anyone with a gun to play this right now, or in parts or wait for each release etc. Wait for the whole thing and be done with it. I think this is more then fair for everyone.

What is it even hurting if someone played FFVII remake in April? Did folks not realize someone is playing FFVII remake RIGHT NOW at Square's studios or is that not allowed too? :messenger_grinning_squinting:

This x 1000.

I don't think folks truly understand how massive this remake is. We don't even have 1 reference of a game getting remade to this scale of a game made that long ago. FFVII has some shit like 15 towns in this massive open world, translating that to MODERN GAMING is legit creating one of the most massive and detailed open worlds in recent memory. So I don't think many really, REALLY realize that, they simply think "remake" is some secret code for copy paste and the game can be made in 1 day or something.

If they rushed development and decided to save money and not hurt anyones "feelings" and put it all on 1 disk or 1 release, folks would bitch about it.

At the very least, folks need to even respect that they are putting as much energy and respect into this remake. They are not pretending its going to be some standard, smooth release, they are very much acknowledging that games of this nature take time. What they are doing with this JRPG is unprecedented in regards to remakes of such a scale. If it takes them many releases, then so be it. That ensures EACH FUCKING PART OF THE GAME IS WORTH ITS WEIGHT! In order for them to sell you part 2, 3, 4 etc EACH PART clearly must fucking be worth $60 or most will just wait til its done. This means Square has a incentive to make each actual component of the game as amazing as they can.

If someone is just waiting until its 100% complete...sure, no issue, consider...is that not what we would ALL be doing with a release of a game? Waiting til its done? No one is forcing anyone with a gun to play this right now, or in parts or wait for each release etc. Wait for the whole thing and be done with it. I think this is more then fair for everyone.

What is it even hurting if someone played FFVII remake in April? Did folks not realize someone is playing FFVII remake RIGHT NOW at Square's studios or is that not allowed too? :messenger_grinning_squinting:

This. People also don't factor in the cost it takes to create something at this magnitude, they have to make money somehow. I don't remember Star Wars or Lords of the Rings being a single movie, any big budget production on this scale takes a lot of money and resources, let's be realistic here, this is the only way this was possible. Money doesn't magically grow on trees, not for us, nor for companies, it's up to us to support content we enjoy.

Top Bottom