• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Team Urgently Recruiting, Here’s A Message From Key Staff

1bd04_thumb.jpg

Kitase
For this project, we aim to surpass the original work in terms of quality by increasing the number of staff to strengthen the core company development as we head into the development progress phase.
Nomura
Twenty years have gone by and the number of generations that aren't familiar with Final Fantasy VII is increasing, so we must remake the game using today's technology and systems in order to make it into a title that can last several more decades

Reproducing the world of Final Fantasy VII in high-definition requires an extraordinary amount of time and resources, so we'll need all the help we can get to shorten that.

As those of you concerned with the industry may already know, the number of domestic staff is significantly lower compared to that of foreign high-definition developers. Therefore, in order to further strengthen the development of this title, we must urgently recruit as much staff as possible.
Naoki Hamaguchi
From the pursuit of a new Final Fantasy game experience that can only be made through this remake, to the graphical challenges that come from the possibilities of evolving technologies—yes, we have everything that a creator needs to create in this here environment.

the rest: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/2...-heres-message-key-staff/#EKOPLziTl5ryrBHi.99

Mendrox

I dont know if I should be worried. At least they try to expand to make the game great, but it wont come out anytime soon. :(

Also dont surpass the game (new Square Enix wont) Just remake it and take what you have. I am afraid of what will happen after past games.

wmlk

This Nomura pic will be used everywhere. He looks cool too. We don't need the sad grayscale Nomura pic anymore.

Also yeah, this does sound a bit late for this. Sounds like a more concerted recruiting pitch for something that we thought was two years into active development.

Twenty years have gone by and the number of generations that aren’t familiar with Final Fantasy VII is increasing, so we must remake the game using today’s technology and systems in order to make it into a title that can last several more decades

Or they could make an actual good original game in the series

Also lol @ "development progress phase"

Used-ID

I like that "as we head into development" bit.

Our grandchildren won't even get to see this remake completed.

It'll release on cellphones in 2 years

Strings

The full quotes are a lot less damning / more logical.

For instance, this is what Nomura actually said:

I believe that many of us developers share the same feeling that Final Fantasy VII is a special title.

Twenty years have gone by and the number of generations that aren't familiar with Final Fantasy VII is increasing, so we must remake the game using today's technology and systems in order to make it into a title that can last several more decades.

Reproducing the world of Final Fantasy VII in high-definition requires an extraordinary amount of time and resources, so we'll need all the help we can get to shorten that.

As those of you concerned with the industry may already know, the number of domestic staff is significantly lower compared to that of foreign high-definition developers. Therefore, in order to further strengthen the development of this title, we must urgently recruit as much staff as possible.

By all means, please join us in delivering the world of Final Fantasy VII, once again.

EDIT: It's worth noting they're recruiting the stupendous, insanely high figure of 8 people total.

RK128

Ugh....and to think, Cyberconnet2's name on the project gave me hope this would come out in my lifetime :l. Meh, anything Nomura touches that isn't a handheld project takes decades to produce.

At least FFXV is going to get supported with future DLC and KH3 should (crosses fingers) come out in 2018. Oh well, at least we will play FFVII Remake on our PlayStation 5's and Xbox Nexts.

The full quotes are a lot less damning / more logical.

For instance, this is what Nomura actually said:

Okay, so Square isn't taking crazy pills. They honestly do need more hands on deck for the project...sorry for overracting. Just tired of waiting for massive Square Enix projects to release. Just glad they are getting better, pushing FFXV out last holiday and having Platinum develop NeiR Automata prove they are getting better at managing HD projects.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I wonder if it even manages to hit PS4? It would be just like SE to announce a game to hype one console and then miss it entirely.

But it's gotta be episodic so it can release in a timely manner. Fuckin lol.

wmlk

You also have to consider that this is the best recruiting pitch SE can ever make with a game so beloved and anticipated. It could just be that they wanted to go a bit extra because of that.

That's not to say it still won't take forever to come out. Lol

jett

D-Member
Ugh....and to think, Cyberconnet2's name on the project gave me hope this would come out in my lifetime :l. Meh, anything Nomura touches that isn't a handheld project takes decades to produce.

At least FFXV is going to get supported with future DLC and KH3 should (crosses fingers) come out in 2018. Oh well, at least we will play FFVII Remake on our PlayStation 5's and Xbox Nexts.

One thing's for sure.

Cyberconnect2 gonna be getting paid like motherfuckers for ages thanks to the incompetence of Nomura.

Slater

Banned
I was told repeatedly by Nomura stans that Cyber Connect, and Unreal Engine would speed up production and none of what happened to Versus was Nomura's fault

"...as we head into the development progress phase"??

Oh lawd
Even if you take the full quote in context, it was very Square and Nomura-like to show a CG trailer so so so so so early. That's why I myself had no hype for it back in E3 2015.
Well, that, and I personally cannot stand FFVII anymore.

I wonder if they're even still aiming to release it in split parts?

I was told repeatedly by Nomura stans that Cyber Connect, and Unreal Engine would speed up production and none of what happened to Versus was Nomura's fault

To be fair there's nothing here aside from blind speculation that Nomura is to blame for this game. I wouldn't say he's blameless for Versus though, he's just not the incompetent failure that detractors make him out to be.

Strings

It was very Square and Nomura like to show a CG trailer so so so so so early. That's why I myself had no hype for it E3 2015.
Well, that, and I personally cannot stand FFVII anymore.
And this thing is supposed to be split up into parts.

I'm not even sure if Nomura was involved in making that trailer. He didn't know he was the director of the project until it was released.

Top Bottom