• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake TGS Trailer

mejin

giphy.gif

Pagusas

Elden Member
Looks great, all the characters models are A++++ Still very worried about all the "extra" fan fiction they'll be adding in, and I think we are all still worried about how many parts this game will be.

I guess summary on this
Avalanche are trully wanted in this game than original(shinra will use full force of power to stop avalanche even using their own special soldier) + shinra now doing full force for giving false information about avalanche being a terrorist group

Birdo

Banned
There seems to be a strange emphasis on Jessie, for someone who was basically a faceless NPC with a few lines in the original.

It looks like she's getting a bigger role in this.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Reminds me of kh trailers. Mini games being shown, combat duels at every opportunity, plenty of mechanics to enjoy.

Nomura's games are usually very enjoyable, and I'm not expecting anything less from ff7:r.

Last edited:

Ozrimandias

Played VI, XII, XIII and XV.

I dont know if playing the original will spoil the fun of this remake of the so call "Best FF to date" (i found that title belongs to VI, but i dunno)

Complete fucking bastardization of Jessie as a character. What the actual fuck, did they ever fucking play the original game?
Other than that it looked fine, but it really irks me that one of the few interesting AVALANCHE members gets completely turned into a Duracell Bunny in this game, being the complete inverse of her original portrayal.

danielberg

Neophyte
Fucked up reno and picked his clown personality from the movie instead of the not as over the top one from the game bleghhh... i also can do without the black ghosts/watchmen of fate/avalanche filler plot to pad out of midgar and the smirking anime dude doing flips on a falling motorcycle was pure cancer.
President using drones and a hologram instead of showing up in a helicopter was a nice modern improvement that actually works.
But i just cant complaint too much.. everyone that wants the "classic" remake can now have that too via mods so might as well now see the loud michael bay and full on anime stupid remake of a already loud anime game.
Hell I even make a drinking game out of how many anime smirks, reaching out anime hands and sephiroth moments SE manages to shove into part1 midgar.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
see the loud michael bay and full on anime stupid remake of a already loud anime game.
lol maybe you shouldn't be playing a game made in Japan about a super soldier with a 7 foot long sword. original game was anime as fuck. like what do people even want lol. super serious western style RPG made by a Japanese company who would never do that in the first place? can anyone even remember a western RPG from 1997? no. there is a reason why the hype is for this. give me a game where I can end up as a frog fighting other frogs
Other than that it looked fine, but it really irks me that one of the few interesting AVALANCHE members gets completely turned into a Duracell Bunny in this game, being the complete inverse of her original portrayal.
the game devs don't have access to your head canon. you are assuming your take is the true objective one, a mistake.

Last edited:

Generic

This game 100 percent had midgar split off into its own game bc there's no way they could maintain this level of visual fidelity on current gen consoles in the larger environments you encounter later on in FF7 and still have good performance. This looks fucking next gen already.
Yeah no, it looks like a PS4 game. And the dubbing is on par with western dubbing for anime.

danielberg

Neophyte
This game 100 percent had midgar split off into its own game bc there's no way they could maintain this level of visual fidelity on current gen consoles in the larger environments you encounter later on in FF7 and still have good performance.
Saving the open world for next gen seems like the right choice... also implying as if you will get solid framerate in part1 lol

Last edited:
the game devs don't have access to your head canon. you are assuming your take is the true objective one, a mistake.

Sorry, but this was already proven in the last thread when I went through EVERY SINGLE DIALOGUE with Jessie in it, even the cut ones. So you're the one pushing checks you can't cash in here. The excuse back then was that it was just a snippet, but now we know that it's far more than that. Really, when you can reference the actual game, it's not "headcanon" and it makes you look like a fool with a knee jerk defensive response like that.

Last edited:

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Trailer looks ridiculously good. I'm likely going to wait to play until PS5. I want 4k, and don't feel the need to upgrade my base to a Pro at this stage in the game.

Thabass

Sorry, but this was already proven in the last thread when I went through EVERY SINGLE DIALOGUE with Jessie in it, even the cut ones. So you're the one pushing checks you can't cash in here. The excuse back then was that it was just a snippet, but now we know that it's far more than that. Really, when you can reference the actual game, it's not "headcanon" and it makes you look like a fool with a knee jerk defensive response like that.

Honestly, I think you're taking these games way too seriously.

Honestly, I think you're taking these games way too seriously.

Well, that's your opinion. But a game that was defining for my childhood is something worth taking seriously enough for me. That's because I care about the game and that I wouldn't want a remake to bastardize it. If Cloud got portrayed the inverse of what he was in the original, I would mind. Same with any other character. I imagine you have more than enough things you like that you'd not like being completely changed. It's not like I'm unique here, you'll find most people have gripes when characters are changed or when story beats are changed. I mean, we're literally at a gaming forum, taking a game seriously is what we kinda do.

GymWolf

Ff7 is my second favourite game ever and i can't even enjoy a fantastic trailer like this after all the shit square pulled off with this remake...

Fuck my life...

Also i don't really like the new ost...

Last edited:
Top Bottom