• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake unofficial 60FPS patch for Playstation 4

stranno

Let’s cut to the chase. Looking through the game files Resolution Scale and vsync interval caught my interest. Of course these are not set in the executable due to it’s flexiblty. It’s set from file instead. There are defaults in the executable but they are ignored as it later gets replaced by value loaded from settings file.

In file: pakchunk0-ps4.pak is where graphics settings is stored.

rhi.SyncInterval=2 ; 30hz
r.DynamicRes.MinScreenPercentage=83.3333333 ; 83% of target ir
r.DynamicRes.MaxScreenPercentage=100 ; 100 % of target ir (1080p for base not sure for Neo)

I’ll be changing these to

rhi.SyncInterval=1 ; 60hz
r.DynamicRes.MinScreenPercentage=50.0000000 ; 50 % of target ir (540p for base)
r.DynamicRes.MaxScreenPercentage=63 ; 63 % of target ir (720p for base)
; The ini comments are my own.

On base console resolution can drop to 540P but.. yeah, 60FPS. On Pro it should be 648P lowest bounds.

Of course it requires a homebrew-capable console.

Last edited:

ManaByte

It is complete. You do realize by now that, despite its name, it isn't a remake, right? It is a sequel to FF7 that involves time travel and alternate universe and occurs over the same period of time as the Midgar section of FFVII in an alternate reality?
Chris Pratt What GIF

Dacon

Banned
It is complete. You do realize by now that, despite its name, it isn't a remake, right? It is a sequel to FF7 that involves time travel and alternate universe and occurs over the same period of time as the Midgar section of FFVII in an alternate reality?

It is a confirmed multi-part series meant to cover the original plot of FFVII, yes they introduced new elements, but according to the creators themselves they don't intend on going to far off base from the original plot, if you believe that.

It is incomplete. Saying it's complete is like saying Telltale's Walking dead is complete after playing one episode.

Last edited:
It is a confirmed multi-part series meant to cover the original plot of FFVII, yes they introduced new elements, but according to the creators themselves they don't intend on going to far off base from the original plot, if you believe that.

It is incomplete. Saying it's complete is like saying Telltale's Walking dead is complete after playing one episode.

Not go off the path? A little late for that.

You not only fight Sephiroth as the end boss in Midgar, but you even fight (and kill) the original versions of Cloud, Tifa and Barret from the original FF7 universe/timeline.

Barret is killed only to be brought back to life by creatures whose sole purpose is to make the original events play out the same while Sephiroth (and later Aerith) attempt to alter them.

The game ends with Zack surviving his clash with Shinra soldiers. His death is what sparked the entire events of the original game.

Did you guys not play the same game as me?

This is not a remake any more than the parts of Back to the Future 2 set in the 1950s were a remake of Back to the Future.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member

You not only fight Sephiroth as the end boss in Midgar, but you even fight (and kill) the original versions of Cloud, Tifa and Barret from the original FF7 universe/timeline.

Barret is killed only to be brought back to life by creatures whose sole purpose is to make the original events play out the same while Sephiroth (and later Aerith) attempt to alter them.

The game ends with Zack surviving his clash with Shinra soldiers. His death is what sparked the entire events of the original game.

This is not a remake any more than the parts of Back to the Future 2 set in the 1950s were a remake of Back to the Future.
You are incorrect about the cloud, tifa and barret thing. Those bosses were the Remnants from Advent Children (Kadaj, Yazoo, Loz)

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
What the fuck? I was honestly waiting and avoiding spoilers.
Oh well.

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned

Again, I'm not saying that this is wrong, they have really fucked with the story, but there's this:

ClosBSAS

what is this shit? are you serious? whatttt

Thief1987

You are applying these standards to every game? Because practically every game can potentially have sequel or multiple sequels, so there is no point playing them until they are all out.

Last edited:
Have none of you played the game? It is over a year old now.

These changes are not subtle. The story does not play out the same as the original. The entire plot of "Remake" is about super natural forces trying to get the events of the original game back on track as certain characters are trying to change those events from ever happening.

I'm just saying anyone who is waiting for all the parts to come out so they get the full original FF7 experience, will be disappointed. This is not the same game, but it is set in a universe that acknowledges those events did (or were supposed to either in the past or future) take place.

Dacon

Banned
You are applying these standards to every game? Because practically every game can potentially have sequel or multiple sequels, so there is no point playing them until they are all out?

False equivalency. This, like the Telltale series are intentionally plotted out as multipart series intentionally designed where you HAVE to buy the next one to get the full experience, are incomplete without the other parts.

This especially is designed as an adaptation of an already existing storyline, that they have dedicated themselves to adapting into multiple parts.

It's incomplete. If you want the entire storyline, all at once, then you have to wait.

Have none of you played the game? It is over a year old now.

These changes are not subtle. The story does not play out the same as the original. The entire plot of "Remake" is about super natural forces trying to get the events of the original game back on track as certain characters are trying to change those events from ever happening.

I'm just saying anyone who is waiting for all the parts to come out so they get the full original FF7 experience, will be disappointed. This is not the same game, but it is set in a universe that acknowledges those events did (or were supposed to either in the past or future) take place.

It apparently is the intent of the creators of the series themselves that they adapt the original's entire plot, so it's fair to wait for the complete set. You're right though they will be disappointed.

Last edited:

Lethal01

Ragnarok and Spiderman are both confirmed to be parts of a multipart series, there's really no difference aside from you already being familiar with the source.

It's like if they made a new harry potter game that only covers the first book. it would be just as complete despite the source material having more content and there being sequels confirmed.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

But with that logic then any game that has or going to have sequel is “incomplete”?

We all knew God of War (2018) it’s going have even before it got released, does that mean the God of War we got is incomplete?

Dacon

Banned
But with that logic then any game that has or going to have sequel is “incomplete”?
No it isn't. It's a remake of a game that's been split up into multiple parts, and you need to purchase all those parts if you want the full story. That's hardly comparable to all these other examples you people keep bringing up.

We all knew God of War (2018) it’s going have even before it got released, does that mean the God of War we got is incomplete?

Still a false equivalency.

Danjin44

No it isn't. It's a remake of a game that's been split up into multiple parts, and you need to purchase all those parts if you want the full story. That's hardly comparable to all these other examples you people keep bringing up.
This game is not 1:1 remake of original FF7, it’s going adapt some part from original story but for most part it’s going in very different direction.

Even tho it’s called “Remake” it much more of spin off/sequel to original game, complete with entirely new battle system just like how it was with Crisis Core.

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned
This game is not 1:1 remake of original FF7, it’s going adapt some part from original story but for most part it’s going in very different direction.

“From here on out, we’re not drastically changing the story and making it into something completely different than the original,” he added. “Even though it’s a Remake, please assume that FF7 will still be FF7 as usual.”

Following on from this, story and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima said “For me, I create scenarios that follow the general flow of the original story but with the assumption that the way things are presented or how events occur might be slightly different.”

You are actually wrong according to the creators themselves.

Danjin44

“From here on out, we’re not drastically changing the story and making it into something completely different than the original,” he added. “Even though it’s a Remake, please assume that FF7 will still be FF7 as usual.”

Following on from this, story and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima said “For me, I create scenarios that follow the general flow of the original story but with the assumption that the way things are presented or how events occur might be slightly different.”

51-DuUuXQW.gif

Suit yourself, if you think the is going follow exact story of original game then you have no one but yourself to blame if you get disappointed.

In Drakengard 3 we were also told its prequel of the original game but half way it goes its own different timeline.

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned
No, Yoko Taro pull the same thing with Drakengard 3 to surprise us, I honestly kind of appreciate that in age of internet.

You're saying what theyre telling their fans and consumers isn't true.

How is that not saying theyre lying? Would be a pretty insidious thing to do to people who hold onto their every word and make their purchases based off of them. Especially as beloved a game as this. I mean, why would they lie, it's not like they told us they were doing a faithful Remake and delivered something else right?

Last edited:

Danjin44

I say again, so you're saying they're liars?

Because that is what was promised, and what they continue to promise.
Okay let me ask you is changing the combat from turn based to entirely action based combat looks like being faithful to you?

The ending we got for FFVIIR made it perfectly clear the direction they are going for.

Dacon

Banned
Okay let me ask you is changing the combat from turn based to entirely action based combat looks like being faithful to you?

When they said faithful I'm pretty sure they were referencing the storyline.

The ending we got for FFVIIR made it perfectly clear the direction they are going for.

And then they released this statement directly contradicting what you're saying, so which is it.

Dream-Knife

Banned
I'm just going to wait until all of the games are out and watch the cut scenes on YouTube. I enjoyed the story of FF7R, but I was bored playing it.

Chukhopops

Are you saying they're liars?
This is what they were saying about Part 1:

• The game follows the original, but there are quite a few additional scenarios. While the main story has not changed, there are many new events, like the scene shown in the trailer in which Cloud and Jesse run away on the motorbike. If that wasn’t the case, the game wouldn’t require two Blu-Ray disks.
Now can anyone say with a straight face that the main story has not changed?

They simply couldn’t come and say, we are going to turn it straight into Kingdom Hearts with brain dead gameplay, take a shit on the original story to retcon Crisis Core garbage that nobody liked in the first place and make... whatever that final boss and ending was.

• The game follows the original, but there are quite a few additional scenarios. While the main story has not changed, there are many new events, like the scene shown in the trailer in which Cloud and Jesse run away on the motorbike. If that wasn’t the case, the game wouldn’t require two Blu-Ray disks.

They simply couldn’t come and say, we are going to turn it straight into Kingdom Hearts with brain dead gameplay, take a shit on the original story to retcon Crisis Core garbage that nobody liked in the first place and make... whatever that final boss and ending was.
My 7 years old daughter loves it!😂

I think the way FFVIIR ended left some fans feeling a bit confused regarding the future of the saga. They seem to be taking some liberties with the original story beats that might point to somewhat important narrative changes in subsequent titles, but nobody knows for sure what's going to happen.

That being said, even though some SE executives are known for bullshitting and breaking promises, we also know that Kitase is a huge fan of FFVII (and Cloud in particular). I assume the first part of your quote was said by him, so... eh, I don't know. Things are somewhat different by now, but I still think that he'll make sure that the main essence and narrative arcs of the story remain intact. People expecting crazy things, like them significantly changing Aerith's fate, are going to be disappointed, as well as the fans hoping that from here on out everything will stay the same. It's going to be a little bit of both, for sure.

Dacon

Banned

Thank you for committing to it. Some people here just can't admit that they've been lied to. Can't even realize that I've been fucking with them all along lmfao. SE has lied about this from the start, and they're still trying to rope people in who are hopeful that it will stay on path, by not committing to what they've done.

Ofc I hope they'll get back on track, but I'm not confident.

Last edited:

Yes, you are the only one fixated with that shit. They changed like 2 things of the game and you make it out to be like if it were completely different.

Still a false equivalency.
I'm guessing you haven't played the game. I was on the same boat as you but after playing it's pretty clear it's a stand alone game with its own ending and you don't feel at all like they left you hanging.

Dacon

Banned
I'm guessing you haven't played the game. I was on the same boat as you but after playing it's pretty clear it's a stand alone game with its own ending and you don't feel at all like they left you hanging.
The game literally ends on a bunch of cliffhangers.

Blond

Banned
CM8pM1C.jpg

SkylineRKR

We don't know if it goes way off the rails.

killing off the ghosts means the writers do have some liberty with it, but the 3 bosses certainly aren't the 3 heroes of the original FFVII. One of them fights left handed, another uses 2 guns. And they use Bahamut. They're likely the advent children or a nod to them.

Zack doesn't die... yet. Perhaps he puts up more of a fight, perhaps he's in an alternate timeline that gets fixed eventually. In the game timeline, Cloud does have his sword so we're going to see how he got it in the first place.

FFVII didn't happen yet. Sephiroth however can see how the original plot will play out. Aerith sees this kind of stuff too. They have links with the lifestream.

What they accomplished is that instead of exactly knowing whats going to happen next, people are speculating.

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned

killing off the ghosts means the writers do have some liberty with it, but the 3 bosses certainly aren't the 3 heroes of the original FFVII. One of them fights left handed, another uses 2 guns. And they use Bahamut. They're likely the advent children or a nod to them.

Zack doesn't die... yet. Perhaps he puts up more of a fight, perhaps he's in an alternate timeline that gets fixed eventually. In the game timeline, Cloud does have his sword so we're going to see how he got it in the first place.

FFVII didn't happen yet. Sephiroth however can see how the original plot will play out. Aerith sees this kind of stuff too. They have links with the lifestream.

What they accomplished is that instead of exactly knowing whats going to happen next, people are speculating.
As of the release of the Ultimania, the 3 spooks are confirmed to be the wankers from Advent Children, Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz

Chukhopops

I’m going to laugh my ass off in 2036 when Final Fantasy Remake Part 4.52: Rebirth over Genesis comes out and it’s a “re-imagining” of Final Fantasy Remake Part 3.8: Bloom of Angeal. There will still be people arguing this is a faithful remake by then.

TheAssist

ill just play on ps7 when the game is complete

I really hope the next Halo sucks so hard that they stop the series. I finally want to play combat evolved to see what all the fuss is about. But I need the series to conclude first.

Anyway :)

Yeah I'm looking forward to that PS5 patch. Probably going to play through the main story with all the new graphical features and then the DLC with 60fps.

Dacon

Banned
I’m going to laugh my ass off in 2036 when Final Fantasy Remake Part 4.52: Rebirth over Genesis comes out and it’s a “re-imagining” of Final Fantasy Remake Part 3.8: Bloom of Angeal. There will still be people arguing this is a faithful remake by then.

He could be right though, they could easily course correct for the rest of the games. The crap in part 1 could have just been there to make the end of the midgar portion more "exciting" than a Motorball fight.

I doubt it, but there's a chance.

Danjin44

He could be right though, they could easily course correct for the rest of the games. The crap in part 1 could have just been there to make the end of the midgar portion more "exciting" than a Motorball fight.

I doubt it, but there's a chance.
I feel like you already expecting to hate the game, which at that point I wouldn't call "disappointment".

Top Bottom