• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VIII censored on PS4? (other platforms?)

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I always have to laugh about these threads.

No more "fap fap" for you ugly nerds :p

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: TLZ

Ailike

This user has been removed from thread. Dial back your antagonism and insults. “Chill out” as you have said.
It's not so surprising that people like you use the ad hominem fallacy as your go-to option.
Yeah, its a shame when generalizations are made, isnt it, guy that says 'people like you'?

I'm guessing its a result of getting a specific certification rating

And that's hipocrecy from those who certificate:
Mutilating a human being in a detailed slow-motion close shot? Allowed (Mortal Kombat)
Certificating cassino-like features in a game rated for children? No problem (NBA 2K20)
Sexual innuendos? Spanish inquisition! (Nobody expect them)

Pallas

Gold Member
Lol well damn. Is this small change only on the PS4 or other consoles/platforms as well? Because it could just be SquareEnix and not Sony if that’s the case. Still what a silly detail to change.

Yeah, its a shame when generalizations are made, isnt it, guy that says 'people like you'?
You mean yourself?
You say that on a forum with no shortage of sexless men and fat ugly guys that complain about everything. Neogaf.gif
*counts anime avatars in thread*
An ad hominem is an ad hominem. Your over-reliance on that fallacy as if it's a legit counterargument shows how garbage your argumentation skills are.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I really don't give a shit about video game censoring unless it detracts from gameplay, but I will say that isn't it funny how nudity and sex has come full circle? In the 70's with the lefty hippie movement and it was all about freedom and love and sexual expression and in 2019 people on the left have gone so far left it's almost like they are old school conservatives now, where if you sexualize anything, you are objectifying them, so no more nudity! (unless of course they want to show everyone their bloody tampons or some shit as some weird political statement) or prostitute their kids as drag queens. That's fine.

What a weird ass fucking world we live in. Well, I guess technically the world is benign, but the people in it are weird.

Last edited:

HE1NZ

Banned
I feel like it's going to be across every platform.

m1472uZ.jpg

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
I really don't give a shit about video game censoring unless it detracts from gameplay, but I will say that isn't it funny how nudity and sex has come full circle? In the 70's with the lefty hippie movement and it was all about freedom and love and sexual expression and in 2019 people on the left have gone so far left it's almost like they are old school conservatives now, where if you sexualize anything, you are objectifying them, so no more nudity! (unless of course they want to show everyone their bloody tampons or some shit as some weird political statement) or prostitute their kids as drag queens. That's fine.

What a weird ass fucking world we live in. Well, I guess technically the world is benign, but the people in it are weird.
It just goes to show that they didn't know what they wanted then and they don't know now. People are crazy for taking them seriously.

ZehDon

Gold Member
I, for one, think this is a good thing. Every year, games should be patched to bring them up to current standards, which are always objectively better informed and more equal. Story details, character art, model details; games should exist in a state of flow, changing year to year, to meet the standards that are set by our moral guardians and care takers. It’s important that games, like films and books, help present a unified moral code for all members of our societies to adapt. As allies, it’s important for us to say and do literally nothing, and simply allow our caretakers to improve us, and our society, through better morals and more correct thinking.
It saddens me to see such a negative push back here, when really, no one can defend the obscene original artworks that should never have been allowed passed our moral censors.
I can only hope, as time passes, the flow state of our medium is embraced fully by everyone, so we can help video game fans around the world to be on the right side of history.

People wonder why I’m concerned about next generation. Sony being in California still worries me for the future. Is that Rinoa pic real? These changes are silly and unnecessary. Things are only going to get worst folks.

I, for one, think this is a good thing. Every year, games should be patched to bring them up to current standards, which are always objectively better informed and more equal. Story details, character art, model details; games should exist in a state of flow, changing year to year, to meet the standards that are set by our moral guardians and care takers. It’s important that games, like films and books, help present a unified moral code for all members of our societies to adapt. As allies, it’s important for us to say and do literally nothing, and simply allow our caretakers to improve us, and our society, through better morals and more correct thinking.
It saddens me to see such a negative push back here, when really, no one can defend the obscene original artworks that should never have been allowed passed our moral censors.
I can only hope, as time passes, the flow state of our medium is embraced fully by everyone, so we can help video game fans around the world to be on the right side of history.

Sarcasm from you, I know, but I fear that there are many people that think like this and it bugs me. It's a way of rewriting history instead of facing up to it. Sort of a “We have always been at war with Eastasia” kind of thing, even if it is on a miniscule scale here.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Well to be honest, it really looks like a vagina compared to Shiva’s.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The *only* thing I care about is if this game runs with the correct NTSC timings, because the PAL version was pretty grim.
Other than that, I couldn't give a toss.

Top Bottom