• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X -Will- and FFX-2.5 plot discussion thread [Up2: Uh, um, errr, see OP]

We can discuss with great length of whether or not the game would be good (or if it actually exists). My point was, it was a different story directions. I was not necessarily referring to quality in this very occasion, but from the very beginning, it was already a different beast from whatever madness that went into X-2.5.

Let's not forget XV is a completely new title with fresh lore and setting, meaning it wouldn't have to be tied to previous entries in its sub-series.

But sure, set your expectations low. That way, you can be surprised if the story is actually good, hopefully.

thats what i pretty much do for most games these days. it actually turned out ok this year!

And I would argue XV being a FF game does mean it still has some 'ties'. Crystals magic, summons etc. I felt like FF12 did fall apart at points because of its FF roots.

But yeah who knows really.

This company will not stop until all of the cherished memories created by their long-lost talent and creativity are violated utterly and completely.

This reminds me of something I was never clear on (only ever played a few hours of X-2).

So after the credits in X,
we see Tidus 'wake up' underwater, smile, and swim towards the surface, hearing seagulls and such when he breaks through. I thought this meant he was somehow alive after all, but whenever I see people talking about X-2 it seems that it's always accepted that he's actually dead. So what was that post-credits stinger? Some sort of dream? Or something they retconned and said "actually" took place after whatever events take place in X-2?

Go_Ly_Dow

I'm still in shock that this is real.

whenever SE staff say they like to do sth in Ultimania interviews it means they ARE actually doing it right now, whether it's sees the light of day is another matter. I'm sure they're already planning more FFX right now, there is more than enough smoke.

what's their track record?

they said Type-0 was being localized in the Ultimania.......... :(

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
It's as if they have no interesting idea on how to make a sequel for the game, but are forced to do it anyways, so they're pretty much resetting everything. And so is Sin back. And so must Yuna save the world from Sin again. And so the endings for the previous storied didn't matter.

This is either Nojima dropping as low as Toriyama's FFXIII level of storytelling and style, or him having simply been hired to write the script for the new concepts Toriyama has thought of to justify a sequel.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
"What is this I don't even," seems appropriate.

Square-Enix: Pissing on your memories since 2007.

I just made up that year,

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
As hilarious as this is (and depressing at the same time) this pretty much means we won't see a FF7 remake. Anyone actually think they can make FFX-3, FFXV, KH3, whatever MMO they work on AND FF7 remake?

FFX is probably the second most popular FF after 7 and I think Square realized it was probably to hard to make a FF7 remake and instead just make a sequel to FFX-2.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Why are they giving us tween drama. They should know that original fans of X would have grown out of that by now.

Perkel

Banned
ok so what that means for story. Op assumes we all remember details from gane we played years ago and sequel most of people didn't care

CryptiK

This reminds me of something I was never clear on (only ever played a few hours of X-2).

we see Tidus 'wake up' underwater, smile, and swim towards the surface, hearing seagulls and such when he breaks through. I thought this meant he was somehow alive after all, but whenever I see people talking about X-2 it seems that it's always accepted that he's actually dead. So what was that post-credits stinger? Some sort of dream? Or something they retconned and said "actually" took place after whatever events take place in X-2?

Are X and X-2 even in the same continuity? This shits confusing me.

Ha, I could see that with (what I understand to be) the emphasis on "girl power" or whatever you'd like to call it. I'm fairly young now, so I'm sure it'll feel awkward at times as well for me haha.

Although I am very excited X, I had only plate XIII and repeatedly heard about VII (which I need to buy on Steam to play!) and when I looked up things about X and X2 they looked like fairly interesting and engrossing world.

If you can get it for vita you can avoid awkwardness.

Also, to those saying that FFX had the perfect ending: You are correct!

To those saying that the FFX series felt complete by the addition of X-2, I advise you to watch the perfect ending and tell me you do not feel a sense of the story being incomplete. Are you telling me you didn't want a squeal after playing X-2? Did those confusing endings leave you satisfied?

Let's be perfectly honest. The reason this audio drama sucks is because it's one giant lead up into the inevitable X-3. It's an ad. The quote from yesterday about the possibilities of an X-3 squeal didn't happen by accident.

Pretty much the last there. The sequence is nearly identical to the one used in the good ending of X-2.

X-2 perfect ending always felt like a dream to me. It's so weird.

Pooya

I'm still in shock that this is real.

what's their track record?

they said Type-0 was being localized in the Ultimania.......... :(

yeah and now we know it is localized, it just didn't release. Everything Toriyama has said happened. Actually current situation here is awfully a lot like pre-FF13-2 days. What they were saying in the interviews, then that novel came out and it was really blatant with Lightning disappearing and you know the rest...

Tabata was saying he likes to work on console games... he also said what he liked to do with next Type- game which kinda aligns with Agito somewhat like he didn't want to do direct sequel....he probably didn't think it was going to be a mobile game at the time though...I remember I compiled some links when they announced Agito in the thread.

I think there were some quotes floating around from Ito and him working on a big project or whatever, I'm not really sure about source of it now, but that didn't happen.

ok so what that means for story. Op assumes we all remember details from gane we played years ago and sequel most of people didn't care

Some of us remember the story like it was yesterday. :/ Picture your favorite game and 10 years down the line, I hope you still remember the story.

Dragun619

Dude, what the fuuuck..

Ah man, now I lost some motivation to play FFX again in HD and complete FFX-2 this time around. Shit, damn it, SE.

Perkel

Banned
50$ that we will see Ligtning in x3 and FFXV and FFXV delay was due to them changing story to create 2 and 3 sequel

Perkel

Banned
Some of us remember the story like it was yesterday. :/ Picture your favorite game and 10 years down the line, I hope you still remember the story.

I remember X10 story well but i didn't care for X2 just watched endings on youtube.

And i don't remember "what that means"

Wiz

This seems like bad fanfiction lol. Still the world of FFX is amazing so not all hope is lost on a potential third game.

50$ that we will see Ligtning in x3 and FFXV and FFXV delay was due to them changing story to create 2 and 3 sequel

False. Lighting is every female protagonist in the final fantasy series. Look at all her outfits in XIII-3

Also she's cloud...

Ludist210

Tidus is revived by the Fayth at the end of X-2 if Yuna says she wants to see him again and you've done some specific actions. So long as she loves him, he will continue to live.

...which begs the question how is still alive in the audio drama?

$50 says they bring back the combat system from XIII

Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Question: What about that international mission or whatever from X-2? I never played(Yet) but isn't that were
Rikku arranges some get together or something.

This makes no sense, I find it really hard to believe, maybe I'm just in denial but what kind of game would this even be? PS3? PS4? Vita? 3DS? Turn based? Action? Don't they have enough to do with XV and KH3?

This makes no sense, I find it really hard to believe, maybe I'm just in denial but what kind of game would this even be? PS3? PS4? Vita? 3DS? Turn based? Action? Don't they have enough to do with XV and KH3?

You actually think XV is being released?

My launch ps3 laughs at you.

Gambit

...which begs the question how is still alive in the audio drama?

Maybe that's why he is hurt.

Anyway, summary sounds awful, but I'd still like X-3. I'd just be happy to have them return to the battle system of X or X-2 so an X-3 would be my best bet.

For those that have watched the youtube video...

Did you see the two ending pictures with a more mature Tidus in a bandana and a much more mature looking Yuna with longer hair? Do you think this will carry over for character designs in X-3?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
For those that have watched the youtube video...

Did you see the two ending pictures with a more mature Tidus in a bandana and a much more mature looking Yuna with longer hair? Do you think this will carry over for character designs in X-3?

Oh hey that's a good catch. I took an image and am going to edit it into the OP, since I'm sure you're right.

tidusyunaxzcs7.png

Verendus

Banned
It's definitely Yuna's face though.
You think so? When I saw that picture yesterday in that other thread, I thought it looked more like Rinoa than Yuna. I still think that it looks like a more mature Rinoa. I genuinely can't see any resemblance to Yuna in it.

Zafir

That artwork does look pretty good.

If they do make a X-3, which I still don't want but I fear it's going to be inevitable, I do hope they use that art. Not do a X-2 where everyone besides the main three is still wearing the exact same outfit. -.-

Top Bottom