• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD - Newly arranged music

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EDIT: Sample of the new arranged music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym9WyzSQ2oo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought I'd make a thread about this because it's significant news - at least to me who already finds the soundtrack of FFX to be flawless. If I'm completely honest, I'm worried that they might ruin this, but here's the encouraging news.

Rearranged music
Final Fantasy X will see around 60 of its tracks rearranged for the HD version. Masashi Hamauzu – one of the game’s original composers and also responsible for Final Fantasy XIII’s score – has even participated in bringing these new arrangements to life.
Hamauzu contributed with 20 tracks in the original FFX. There are a total of approximately 91 songs in the game. I'm hoping that these rearanged songs will actually sound very similar to the ones we've been listening to for years. Here's a couple of songs that Hamauzu made:

Besaid Island: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qEm0grOtYM
People of the Far North: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPy8CUdwPgg
Challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfNXmfSy-E4

Trophies
The magazine also talks about trophies in the game – suggesting there could be some that provide a real challenge to the player
Platinum seekers just might want to prepare themselves to face 200 lightning bolts, just in case.
Trophies for killing Penance and all the prerequisite dark aeons? Lord Jyscal, have mercy on us.

Screenshots and comparison

Start screen
rET1pqs.jpg

WSyvHqM.png

Character screen
17UGKGU.jpg

GM49pzv.png

Menu screen
xZ90FCD.jpg

vT2BLlm.png

Thanks to http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/07/newly-arranged-music-coming-to-final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster/ for this info.

edit: More screens (showing the title screen + Vita-version) from Magicbox. Screens are NOT confirmed to be real!

edit: New pictures released! Tons of more screenshots in the link: http://gematsu.com/gallery/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/august-11-2013/

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Seems rather... pointless? Is that an option or a replacement? If the latter, why bother, musical quality in FFX wasn't that bad, unless they want to get rid of that synth-like sound in some tracks.

Absolutely dig the new interface, the original always seemed gaudy and poorly designed to me, but this is sleek and crisp.

sublimit

Banned
There will be hell to pay if they change the original themes.FFX has my favourite soundtrack out of all FF games.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Menu looks fantastic. Now just give me a release date and I'll forgive you for a little while, SE...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Platinum seekers just might want to prepare themselves to face 200 lightning bolts, just in case.

I WILL PURSUE THIS

Velcro Fly

Prepared to go digital on the Vita if I have to.

One of my favorite PS2 games.

I wonder how much of the great PS2 RPG library I can end up cramming on my Vita.

Aeana

I really hate it when game music is rearranged for things like this and you don't get an option for the original music. It's like that in Zero no Kiseki Evolution. Most of the arrangements are inferior to the originals. I love Hamauzu, I really do, but some of the music is great the way it was. Especially Wandering Flame omg.

Thoraxes

I really hate it when game music is rearranged for things like this and you don't get an option for the original music. It's like that in Zero no Kiseki Evolution. Most of the arrangements are inferior to the originals. I love Hamauzu, I really do, but some of the music is great the way it was. Especially Wandering Flame omg.

Now you've got me hoping he pushes for a live version of Wandering Flame.

Sats

Banned
Prepared to go digital on the Vita if I have to.

One of my favorite PS2 games.

I wonder how much of the great PS2 RPG library I can end up cramming on my Vita.

Wait, this is coming to Vita? Hmmmg, just bought one and it could use another game.

But PS3 HD 60 fps goodness...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Menu looks fantastic. Now just give me a release date and I'll forgive you for a little while, SE...
I've added some comparisons to the OP.

Yoshichan

Catching that last butterfly was way harder IMO.
Those angles man... those fucking angles! I am praying that we'll get to play that part in first person mode in this game :lol

Sats

Banned
Is anyone else more interested in the X-2 side of things? I love X, but X-2 is one of my favorite RPGs ever.

Yoshichan

I've put up with so much lightning in the last 3-4 years that this shouldn't be a problem
This is a genius post :lol
200 lightning bolts really isn't that hard once you recognize the pattern.
I've done it multiple times and never realized that there was a pattern...

reKon

Banned
They better not mess up the legendary sound track. I could still argue that FFX had the best gaming soundtrack of all time because of it's variety, brilliance, and it was the perfect complement to any scene or event during game play. There wasn't one bad track..

jaxword

Is anyone else more interested in the X-2 side of things? I love X, but X-2 is one of my favorite RPGs ever.

I am!

But the various FF threads have posters saying FFX-2 is when the series died...what a confusing claim!

Squire

Banned
Hamauzu's tracks were the best ones on FFX's score. Didn't surprise me at all when he was appointed XII's score and it's the only aspect of the game that lived up to my expectations.

This is excellent news. Hoping they utilize some of the FFX Piano Collection pieces. That album is amazing.

reKon

Banned
Hamauzu's tracks were the best ones on FFX's score. Didn't surprise me at all when he was appointed XII's score and it's the only aspect of the game that lived up to my expectations.

This is excellent news. Hoping they utilize some of the FFX Piano Collection pieces. That album is amazing.

XIII* cause XII was a joke

Yoshichan

Rojo

New hud looks great getting a plat sounds like it will take some dedication since i plan on playing this on the vita this is not an issue i have all the time in the world.

Balphon

I've done it multiple times and never realized that there was a pattern...

It's been awhile since I did it, but from what I recall they struck in certain set patterns that varied between different spots in the Thunder Plains. I could be misremembering, though.

Yoshichan

This part of the start screen always confused me:

1Znipku.png

They had plans on making FFX connected with PlayOnline for what reasons, exactly?

Catching that last butterfly was way harder IMO.

A task so hard I gave up on it. But it didn't matter cause I didn't really like or use Kimahri. I did all the other tasks though.

New interface is looking nice though and a music option is always a must when music is changed from old versions.

Top Bottom