• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X 2 HD Remaster for PS4?

Luminaire

Taken down already lol.

Serious question though, and sorry if it comes off as port begging, but why does SE not port the remasters and old FF games to other consoles? Always seemed strange to me.

Probably more work to port to a non-PS console. I assume some coding may be shared between PS2, PS3, and PS4 that just doesn't exist on Xbox/Wii/PC and would have to be rewritten. I could be completely wrong though.
I probably am.

Famassu

Taking double dipping to the next level - guess everyone will have to pay again for the same remasters and version they just bought. Kingdom Hearts and FF13 are next i guess.
Nobody HAS to do anything. You are not forced to buy this if you already have the Vita or PS3 version. As with a lot of other games like GTAV & TLOU, it's good to have this on a current-gen console(s) since a lot of people already started to save up for & move on to then-next gen from PS3 a long time ago.

PS3 version is already 1080p and 60fps isn't enough to sell me on buying a turn based rpg for a third time. I doubt they will touch anything else so I'll pass.

Danlord

oYTV35V.png

Still had the tab open in Chrome when I first saw the thread.

I'm pretty happy at this news. PS3 was 720p30 with 2xAA or 1080p with no AA. I would really like this to be 1080p60 with some decent AA, surely 1080p60 with 4xAA isn't unreasonable. I didn't get the PS3 Collection but I'm glad I waited.

Flarin

Guess this means I'm waiting to buy the Kingdom Hearts HD collections for PS4. They already mentioned they might do it and now this. Worst kept secret in gaming since Majora's Mask 3D.

At this point I just want XII HD.

But why would it be a bad thing to port the FFXIII trilogy to the PS4? I'm pretty sure there's a decent amount of people interested (me included), and it probably wouldn't take a lot of resources/time. My PC sucks, but I'd love to play LR and XIII-2 with a decent framerate.

Nameless

Queen Lulu in 1080p glory?? Yes please. Loved it, but FFX is the only FF I never completed. I always wanted to but could never convince myself to go back to the PS2 for the 50 hours to do so.

Day 1 if true.

Hexa

Fuck. I just bought it on PS3. :/
What's the resolution on PS3? If its close enough to 1080p I'm good. Otherwise I'll be pissed. T_T

I guess when I think about having a Vita makes this moot to me cause I could just get this for the Vita since I'm sure I won't be missing anything whenever the PS4 one comes out.

Danlord

Fuck. I just bought it on PS3. :/
What's the resolution on PS3? If its close enough to 1080p I'm good. Otherwise I'll be pissed. T_T

You can have 1080p on PS3 but you have to uncheck the 720p option in your video settings for HDMI, or else it'll revert to 720p which has anti-aliasing

Vashetti

Banned
Queen Lulu in 1080p glory?? Yes please. Love d it, FFX is the only FF I never completed. I always wanted to but could never convince myself to go back to the PS2 for the 50 hours to do so.

Day 1 if true.

That's available to you right now on PS3.

entremet

Queen Lulu in 1080p glory?? Yes please. Love d it, FFX is the only FF I never completed. I always wanted to but could never convince myself to go back to the PS2 for the 50 hours to do so.

Day 1 if true.

The PS3 version could go to 1080P, but without AA. The 720P mode does have AA.

Prelude.

Unless they re-work 99% of the textures it will look as bad as it looked on the PS3.
The Vita version is still the definitive one.

Olli128

I expect FF13 trilogy will get ported from the pc version too. In fact at this rate I expect every game Square Enix has ever made that people dont want to be remade will be.

SerTapTap

You can have 1080p on PS3 but you have to uncheck the 720p option in your video settings for HDMI, or else it'll revert to 720p which has anti-aliasing

Did they patch that? I don't think I did that but I got what was very clearly 1080p with no AA

Unless they re-work 99% of the textures it will look as bad as it looked on the PS3.
The Vita version is still the definitive one.

...they DID re-work the textures for the PS3 which is why it looks different from the original game. They're not going to do it again though.

Famassu

And where is the XII Remaster?
If they are going to remake it it even half as greatly as FFX, then it's not going to make itself in a few months. They need to set up a team (or make arrangements to outsource it) and it'll take a while given how massive a game it is. If they are currently remaking it and still not just thinking about doing it, it'll probably be a end of summer 2015-early 2016 release at earliest.

Top Bottom