• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X 2 HD Remaster for PS4?

ZeroX03

Banned
Now I don't know if I want to get KHHD or not. Though if KH and FFX were already 1080p on the PS3, ain't it just going to be the same on the PS4?

Added anti-aliasing, increased framerate.

But it's pretty obvious this is just a straight port.

This is great news for me. My PS3 probably doesn't have much time left, and I would prefer to just play my PS4. Now, if it is real, I just have to wait for the price to drop like the PS3 version has (It has been available for $20). If I do get it, it will be my first true FF game, as I have never played any other for an extended period of time.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Now I don't know if I want to get KHHD or not. Though if KH and FFX were already 1080p on the PS3, ain't it just going to be the same on the PS4?

Unless you want to bring your PS3 out every time to play this...i'd probably wait at this point...i already beat the crap out of this game as well as 1.5, KH2 FM and now going onto BBS, but now i wish i would have waited until i was sure they werent going to port these games over.

I didn't even buy USF4 on the chance they were going to do a PS4 version, even though Ono said he didn't have the budget for it. And it turns out i saved money and was right.

As for upgrades...i suggested 8xMSAA....even though the IQ is generally ok, KH 1.5 is only around 800p max with 2xMSAA, 2.5 is 1080p with no AA with frame drops in BBS, and FF10/10-2 is 1080p with no AA as well along with some frame rate drops.

If they can lock the framerate, and throw some high quality AA on there for these collections(as well as a boost to full HD for 1.5), it would be worth rebuying for me

Everything is capable of coming back/getting remastered.....again

Kingdom hearts 1 + 2 before the 3rd one releases is a safe bet too

That's why I held off on buying X/X2 , I figured this would happen

inner-G

Banned
This is great news for me. My PS3 probably doesn't have much time left, and I would prefer to just play my PS4. Now, if it is real, I just have to wait for the price to drop like the PS3 version has (It has been available for $20). If I do get it, it will be my first true FF game, as I have never played any other for an extended period of time.
It is a great one to start with.

Rinoa

C'mon. Long-haired adult Yuna and Jecht-ized Tidus. You know you want it.

gqqORSm.png
QXfyOR1.png

The gif is better.

And yes, I would absolutely love to see that in a game, but I know I'm alone here.

And that's not because I think that scene is good, I just want to see it.

evil-look-baby-o.gif

Even if it's just the same, you have to decide what console you think you're going to play it on

Also I don't think the KH collections are 1080p on PS3

Wait... Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Final Fantasy VII PC port coming to PS4 and Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remastered coming to PS4?
So, does that mean Final Fantasy XV will be coming in 2015 and if that's true, then all the games coming in 2015 combined will be the year of Final Fantasy!

mind_blown.gif

Type-0 HD looks pretty sweet. Should be an awesome year for Final Fantasy fans, you're right.

UrbanRats

I'm happy about this.
It's not like new games aren't coming out anyway and this is the problem when you don't have BC.

I would like to play DMC, Kingdom Hearts and a bunch of other games i haven't tried two gens ago, but i can't because i don't have the ps3 with me anymore.

So as silly as it sounds, i want them to keep porting them over to the newer systems.
Again, that's the bad thing about not having BC (and the best thing about PC gaming).

Nestunt

I usually dont like conspiracy theories

But, I just think it is too damn convenient that a HD remaster of a Final Fantasy game leaked on a SE page days after the backlash on a not HD remaster of VII

Ravage

Any time SE wants to finally give a little remaster attention to FF8 or 12 would be fine with me.

Couldn't agree more. VIII and XII are my two favourites and seeing them remastered is something I've always dreamt of.

But knowing SE, they are going to prioritize what no one is asking for i.e. porting over the PC version of XIII.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Couldn't agree more. VIII and XII are my two favourites and seeing them remastered is something I've always dreamt of.

But knowing SE, they are going to prioritize what no one is asking for i.e. porting over the PC version of XIII.

They should add IX too.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I think preservation of 7th gen titles may be a huge issue in the future. These machines are difficult to emulate properly, and the way that the industry is headed seems to indicate that as their underlying tech will probably never be returned to, emulation will be the only way to experience them once the hardware is gone from the market.

For that reason alone I support ports to the current gen of hardware, as I think in the long-term it'll really pay dividends, especially given the trends in modern electronics hardware manufacture to incorporate planned-obsolesence.

clem84

Gold Member
I'm guessing there really isn't any more they can do to the game, though. So is this purely to get it to the PS4 people who don't own a PS3, I guess?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. It's gonna be a port of the PS3 game.

I'm a somewhat obsessive FF fan so I'll probably be getting this.

The one with the balloons and a time below 0.00? It's always been a bitch.

The temple race isn't so bad.

I don't remember ever getting angry with it - there were times when I did it again and again to earn the rewards (forget what they were), but it's definitely doable.

I'll have to revisit it. Maybe it's a case of beating games better when you're a kid.

I hope we get the FFXII HD remaster next year as well, I've only played through it once.
I want this more than anything. More than a 60fps 1080p Dissidia HD.

And I'm not sure how I feel about this still. But knowing me and how much these games mean to me, I'll buy them regardless. LE/CE no less...

B.K.

I bought the PS3 version, digital Vita versions, and imported the Asian English physical releases for the Vita versions of X and X-2. I think I've bought the games enough.

Top Bottom