• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X 2 HD Remaster for PS4?

I dislike the precedent to release something on PS3 and then a year later put it on PS4. Knew that no backwards compatability would lead to this and yep here we are.

Part of the reason this is happening is because Sony is an unusual position where the PS3 was such a bomb with a small user base but the ps4 has been the fastest selling console of all time. So everyone is rushing to get their games on the platform with the larger install base to make up for lost sales. It's why everyone and their brother were porting games and making apps for iPhone when that took off. Companies want to make sure to have a strong presence on the winning system.

Talax

Part of the reason this is happening is because Sony is an unusual position where the PS3 was such a bomb with a small user base but the ps4 has been the fastest selling console of all time. So everyone is rushing to get their games on the platform with the larger install base to make up for lost sales. It's why everyone and their brother were porting games and making apps for iPhone when that took off. Companies want to make sure to have a strong presence on the winning system.

PS3 doesn't exactly have a small user base though. I wouldn't call 80 million small. I think what matters more is the switching that has happened this gen, from "360 only" owners buying a Ps4.

Squire

Banned
If this comes out and it's not cross buy/cross save I'm going to lose my mind.

Why do you guys keep expecting AAA publishers that aren't named "Sony" to do cross-buy? None of them are trying to give this stuff away.

Reasonable to hope it's cross-save though.

PS3 doesn't exactly have a small user base though. I wouldn't call 80 million small. I think what matters more is the switching that has happened this gen, from "360 only" owners buying a Ps4.

Agreed. That was Sony's reasoning for bringing TLOU to PS4 and I'm ok with it. I bought this on my Vita but I'd definitely buy it again on PS4.

XJF

Not sure how I feel about this... I REALLY don't want to have to platinum both these bitches again... lol I feel compelled to platinum all things FF (except for FFXIV, because Fuck that).

Will definitely buy though, if not for me then for my gf as she's never played the original or the PS3 version.

Zoe

People realize that this will just be the ps3 port in higher res/ more fps, right? I don't get the excitement.

I haven't finished the PS3 remaster yet, so this could mean doing the rest in higher quality with Remote Play built in.

I got the ps3 collectors edition when it was released and never opened it. As long as they don't have a collectors edition of the ps4 version I'll keep it sealed and just play the ps4 instead.

raven777

548970784C43A20009

B4kbU9tCYAA5dG8.jpg:large

Rootbeer

Banned
Weeeelll... i bought the vita versions, so I really don't know. will probably impulse buy it when it's $10-15 someday.

However, day 1 if they release a KHHD collection.

I've still got my Limited Edition PS3 version wrapped up; I was going to play it soon. Now I'm not so sure. I might just sell it and get the PS4 version instead. What would be a huge deal-breaker for me is if they included the Japanese audio this time. I'd buy it without hesitation.

Human_me

nice! I don't expect any enhancement, just a port to give PS4 only user an opportunity to play the remaster.

The biggest enhancement I can see happening is AA at native 1080p (PS3 had native 1080p but with no AA, In 720p it had AA)

They may also do a few sound effects through the controller.

Ravage

I'll triple dip if it's 1080p/60fps with good AA. Would be nice if there's an option for the original soundtracks.

I'm only in if the Western release has Japanese audio.

Really no reason for them not to include it this time around. God, I'd love to be able to play FFX without having to endure that terrible voice acting again, especially from Tidus. It's like literally my only complain of the game.

Vashetti

Banned
It has the potential to be the definitive version of the game, if they include things like:

1080p (or higher res than that)/60fps
Multiple AA
Better texture filtering
Dual audio
Skippable cutscenes
Original/remastered soundtrack toggle
Cross-save with Vita/PS3

Neifirst

Glad to hear this is coming, and would love to see FFXII and the XIII trilogy make their way over as well (or at least Lightning Returns since I never got to play it before selling my PS3).

Top Bottom