• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
ffxotp111ps0l.png

ffxotp12qqsd2.png

ffxotp2jhpim.png
ffxotp4mso35.png

ffxotp5s9or7.png
ffxotp86cowo.png

ffxotp9weoyr.png

FAQ:

Game Price:
$40USD PS3 / $40USD Vita

Are the games separate?
PS3 version comes with both games on one disc.
Vita version for US/Europe comes with a cart for X and a download code for X-2. The PSN version has both games bundled, separate downloads/bubbles though.
Vita versions of X and X-2 for Japan/Asia are sold separately. R3 is English dub and sub.
This game is not cross buy and Square Enix has stated there will not be an option to buy them separately.

What is the resolution?
PS3 version is 1080p (not sure if native). Vita version is sub-native. Both 30fps. Both look great.

What is the download size?
PS3 is 22.9GB, Vita is 3.4GB for X and 3.4GB for X-2. These sizes are slightly different for Europe.

Does the game support cross save?
Yes via syncing to the cloud. The cross save may work cross region, it worked for me but not for another person.

How do trophies work?
X and X-2 each have their own set of trophies and a Platinum trophy each. Trophies are shared between the PS3 and Vita versions and between regions, so you can only get one Platinum maximum per game.

Does it support DualShock 4 on PS3?
Yes it does.

Should I buy the PS3 or Vita version?
The PS3 version has crisper, higher resolution graphics and a slightly more stable framerate. The Vita version is portable and has suspend - which helps for things like lightning dodging - and still looks great. They both have the same content. When in doubt...

Standard or Expert Sphere Grid?

This is up to you. First-time players will probably want to play the standard grid as it's straight-forward and easier, but is mostly linear until late in the game. The expert sphere grid allows you to build characters how you like but can be confusing if you don't know what you're doing. The expert sphere grid also has less nodes overall, but this doesn't really affect stat maxing. For trophy hunters, the expert grid will save you an hour or two. The standard sphere grid in the international version is actually slightly different from the U.S. version but it's not really noticeable.

What additional content is there?
Final Fantasy X is the international edition adds the aforementioned expert sphere grid. It also adds the Dark Aeons and Penance, optional bosses who are far tougher than any of the regular bosses in the game and add a significant challenge. There are some other small balance changes and bug fixes. For Europeans, this is the original version we got, so there's nothing new (except 60Hz!).

Final Fantasy X-2's international + last mission edition adds two dresspheres, new garment grids and the ability to capture monsters / recruit NPCs and have them join your team. This includes familiar faces from FFX. Last Mission is a rougelike game set after X-2's main story which has you scaling the Iutycyr Tower. This version has never been available in the U.S. or Europe.

Will my original US guide for X/X-2 still be worth using?
90% of the information will still be correct. Some items/enemy stats have slightly changed. You will need to look online for details about things like the Dark Aeons. The official X/X-2 Remaster guide doesn't go into great depth about them, you will probably want to research that online.

Also avatars for everybody:

pBBut5w.png
pzEDDFa.png
f3SilIL.png
4MWmjfV.png
jypxoab.png
qOGk0Lv.png
1GuZz2i.png
YJuQiQY.png
eJnpxBV.png
BAPpG91.png

hodgy100

IF someone can ensure they will buy the UK code for FFX-2 off me for £12.50 they are welcome to it as I really want to double dip on on PS3 and Vita for FFX :)

DiscoJon

Banned
I already posted this in the Review thread and I'll post it here too. I got an email a while ago from Square saying that the Collectors edition I ordered online is now on backorder. :(

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Will play for the first time on my Vita :D exciiiite

Tucah

you speak so well
The only non-MMO mainline FF I've never played. I'm pretty excited, should be a nice change of pace after a week of DS2.

Reading the OP really increased the hype. It's been so long since I played this, not to mention I had to endure the horror of that godforsaken PAL version. Can't wait to get my copy.

MilkBeard

Excited to be able to play this game in HD. Dark Souls II is coming soon but I'm also excited to play a more traditional JRPG like FF X.

Fixed1979

SE let me know this morning that my CE was back-ordered. Is there a chance I'll actually ever get it from them?

I'll probably just grab the Vita version to play regardless.

GulAtiCa

Haven't played either (at least not more then like half hour). Not sure if I will get this at launch (so many games right now..), but I'll have to decide on which system to get it on. Too bad it's not cross-buy (or is it?).

An overload of games next week, FFX, DaS2, inFamous, Titanfall. :/ Hope this sells well among those so SE is motivated to HDify FFXII on PS4.

pyrandes

Great OT!

Having not played X-2, Im looking forward to the job/battle system there in addition to the international version of X.

It feels weird that this is finally coming out. They announced it sooooo long ago and then said nothing about it forever, lol. Anyways, can't wait to pick this up!

18-Volt

Preordered both. It's been almost 12 years since I finished the first, it'll be a joy to play it again in glorious HD. Aaaand OLED.

jiggles

Banned
I didn't pay attention to the Japanese impressions thread. What was the word on how the Vita version looks and runs? Is it all good?

Astarte

Not being able to skip cutscenes and choose the old music is really killing my drive to play Teedus's adventure.

Squire

Banned
Oh man. There was a time when FFX getting remastered was just a dream for me. I always thought it was a good idea, but I wasn't sure SE would actually do it.

13-year-old-me is absolutely elated. Let's do this.

Banzai

Ooh yeah, so close now. This game is definitely in my top3 of all time.
And this time, Penance is going down!

Amneisac

I didn't pay attention to the Japanese impressions thread. What was the word on how the Vita version looks and runs? Is it all good?

I'd also be interested in this, I have it preordered for Vita because I need something new to occupy my pre-bedtime routine since I've finished P4G for now, but if it's busted somehow I might switch to PS3.

stawnkald

Gold Member
YJuQiQY.png

Dibs!

And I haven't played these games in years, so excited to again. I had the FFX itch for a long time, but held off because this was coming.

I wonder how much of these games I still remember. I used to know them inside and out.

Top Bottom