• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Just started FFX2HD and a quick question: there's a lengthy ass tutorial for monster catching but that's never been a thing that has interested me before. I just want to play the game without this stuff, i don't care to 100% it, just want to beat it. Is this stuff really necessary?

Levyne

Banned
Just started FFX2HD and a quick question: there's a lengthy ass tutorial for monster catching but that's never been a thing that has interested me before. I just want to play the game without this stuff, i don't care to 100% it, just want to beat it. Is this stuff really necessary?

It's not. I near entirely ignored it. You do have to do a little tiny bit to get the Psychic dressphere and there's a trophy tied to completing one fiend's "Fiend Tale" iirc.

It's not. I near entirely ignored it. You do have to do a little tiny bit to get the Psychic dressphere and there's a trophy tied to completing one fiend's "Fiend Tale" iirc.

Cool. Yeah, i don't care about trophies but depending on how good that dressphere is i might dip my toes into it. Thanks!

bobawesome

Taking a break from lightning dodging at the moment and filling in everyone's sphere grid. Oh man, it's the most repetitive task in the world.

Question about cross save.

I gave my Vita to someone in hospital and they have been playing through FFX. If I got them a copy of the home version when they are out would they be able to sync a save to their PSN account from my vita?

Falk

that puzzling face
crosspost

p4yiEVtl.jpg

VAVOOM

(No time for Iucytyr till like 1/3 through September :( )

Ambitious

crosspost

p4yiEVtl.jpg

VAVOOM

(No time for Iucytyr till like 1/3 through September :( )

The same screen appeared on my Vita just ten seconds ago. I'm finally through. I only got the good ending, but it was beautiful. Time to watch the perfect ending on YouTube; I don't intend to replay the game.

sasuke_91

Chocobo racing is a pain in the ass
- If you move a little bit at the beginning of the race, your opponent will get all the balloons on the way down. If you don't move, you will get most of them for yourself, so that's actually more of a pro than a con
- Your chocobo will move exactly as you don't want him to, so he will run into the birds with joy and let you miss all the balloons on his way to do so
- If one bird hits you, all birds hit you
- The controls are bad, and they should feel bad
- You can't restart in the middle of the race, you have to finish it first
- Tidus is a bad horseman... I mean chocoboman
- Being hit by two birds at the end of the race and finishing with 5.9 seconds is frustrating and lets you shed manly tears
- I'm not looking forward to blitzball

EDIT: I DID IT! Went into matrix mode and finished the race with 33 seconds, 14 balloons and no hits. I'm so proud :D

Falk

that puzzling face
Unfortunately even miracles have a hierarchy and it will take more than complaining on GAF to fix that.

entremet

Man, Lighting Dancer is a bitch and a half. I give up. I'm using the strategy but I still end up getting hit around 50 or 60. Fuck this shit.

I never use Lulu, but the completionist in me wants to get this. It's the only weapon I haven't fully powered up.

So, since I had the PAL version of FFX on the PS2 - I've smashed all the dark aeons and penance previously in mah life.

Now on this remaster.... I'm 96 hours in. I've almost finished everybody's sphere grid but only maxed Strength, Defence and Mag Defence so far...

Thing is guys. I'm pretty sure I'm bored.

The completionist in me is screaming "You will see this through to the VERY END!"

The other guy is like.... "Yeahhhh but I just kinda want to play X-2" now.

I mean I still have to do all the bullshit chocobo racing, lightning dodging, butterfly hunting madness.

I don't even care about trophies.

So who wins my internal fight? The completionist, or the guy who wants to enjoy himself?

Roubjon

I'd honestly say don't do the stuff, especially because you've done and seen all of it before. Doing all that junk was a big deal for me b/c I've watched my brother play FFX at least 3 times before and I've never actually played it myself. So when the HD release came out, I dove in and loved it more than ever and then couldn't get enough of it so I powered through all of the grinding stuff and enjoyed every second of it.

I was super bummed when I finished it after spending ~120 hours doing all that stuff. But oh man that ending really had an impact after that much time.

Yeah I went ahead and did it. I've kept my save in case I decide I feel like going back and grinding or something.

I cried so hard at the ending.

I must have seen it about 100 times, but I still cry like a little baby every. single. time.

Atlantis

I guess it depends on what your definition of "complete" is.

Since you don't care about trophies, I'm guessing the goal is to beat Penance? If so, just unlock whatever three Celestial Weapons you find the easiest, customize some armor, soft cap your Agility and Luck, and you're set. It sounds harder than it is. The armor is easy and you don't need much Luck at all.

Luck is extremely tedious and has so many prerequisites to make it bearable to farm, even if you're just aiming for 80ish. It takes over twice the time if you don't have enough LCK (ironic) to guarantee crits.

Just like MAG requiring MAG to make farming tolerable if you're sick of seeing Anima's Pain.

---

I've been playing Expert Grid Ability and MP Sphere Only. Any tips? I just got to Guadosalam and no issue so far. My builds are defaults except:

Yuna: White Magic with -ra Black Magic so far
Kimahri: Black Magic

Haven't leveled anything for Wakka. Stonetouch OP.
Completely undecided on Rikku. I don't know if she has any useful abilities unless I take her to Yuna's path for support White Magic.

Grinding for Lulu's Deathtouch and everyone's Lightning Ward equipment.

I really really regret not taking Lancet on Yuna. I hope I can find a White Magic sphere so I can give Kimahri/Lulu Cure just to heal between fights. They have Lancet.

thechemist

So I never played Final Fantasy game before.... I recently got into Persona 4 which is amazing (gameplay and story), the only other JRPG I play is the Pokemon series lol! Is it worth picking up this collection for the Vita? and is it easy to get into gameplay wise?

So I never played Final Fantasy game before.... I recently got into Persona 4 which is amazing (gameplay and story), the only other JRPG I play is the Pokemon series lol! Is it worth picking up this collection for the Vita? and is it easy to get into gameplay wise?

The gameplay is simpler than those two games.

RpgN

*gulp*

Taking less time to get all the trophies with the help of a guide book to not avoid any missables?

Just beat FF X again for the first time since I beat it back when it released on PS2. I cried. I mean, I knew what was going to happen in the end but it totally destroyed me. I haven't cried in a while and it felt really good. Once "Suteki da ne" started playing during the credits I felt like I had just lost a friend and it hit me really hard. Amazing game and an amazing ending.

But goddamn was the last boss
Jecht
really difficult for me. Even with the pattern down I still managed to have him overwhelm me to the point of near-death. Been working on that bastard for weeks and was glad to finally finish him off. God bless Yuna casting holy with break damage limit. 35,000 dmg hits feel good. Pity Lulu never could match up to Yuna's awesome might.

Roubjon

I'm looking forward to the next time I play this in a couple of years or whatever and fighting the final boss with more appropriate stats. As fun as it was to obliterate the dude, made it rather anti-climactic.

Spocker

I've been playing X-2 according to the Bradygames guide, and since early/mid chapter 2 or maybe late chapter 1 I'm 0.2% ahead. I get a new percent on the saves where i should have x.8%. Is this something I should be worried about for the full 100%?

Just began chapter 4, so I'll probably play it to completion anyways, but it would suck after 60+ hours this far (with Creature Creator included)

Alric

Just started playing on the Vita. Been years since I played it last and I'm pleasantly surprised how nice it looks and runs. Making me wish they'd bring the FFXII internation version over now.

Now for an unpopular opinion but i'm going to go play more blitzball because I enjoy it.

You don't need to win, so don't worry about it!

I don't need to win, but I have to win. There's no way I can let those cocky dick taunting Goers win, I would literally regret it for the rest of the game if not my life.

But it's OKAY I finally did it after 10 or so games.

God praise the jecht shot, that and apparently AI don't swarm you as much when you stick to the edges of the map, making for easier passes.

Never touching blitzball again though.

Vashetti

Banned
You don't need to win, so don't worry about it!

Yeah but that +4 Strength sphere is super handy that early in the game.

Put it on Auron's grid and have Tidus briefly go down to get it too (Expert Grid), and you'll be overkilling everything for the rest of the game. Bonus XP!

Atlantis

Yeah but that +4 Strength sphere is super handy that early in the game.

Put it on Auron's grid and have Tidus briefly go down to get it too (Expert Grid), and you'll be overkilling everything for the rest of the game. Bonus XP!

Kimahri, too.
ikbSaibmcU63y.gif

Then add the three Strength Spheres from the Thunder Plains.
ikbSaibmcU63y.gif

I'm looking forward to the next time I play this in a couple of years or whatever and fighting the final boss with more appropriate stats. As fun as it was to obliterate the dude, made it rather anti-climactic.

It's one of the best tuned fights in the entire game, maybe the best. It's a shame so many people don't choose to experience it before overpowering it.

sasuke_91

Managed to dodge 200 lightning bolts on first try. Being able to trigger them makes this extremely easy. I had such a hard time doing this back then one the PS2.

dark_chris

Gold Member
Oh god, I'm addicted to blitzball. I'm kicking so much ass that I'm feeling bad for the other team... Usually it goes to 3-0 and the worse I nailed the other team was 7-0

Atlantis

Oh, I haven't done that yet.

I'm going to head back when I have a No Encounters weapon/armour.

It's not too difficult to do on your first visit using the little outcropping in the southern plains with the Water Ball chest. I usually dodge enough to grab the Strength Spheres then move on.

Top Bottom