• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Falk

that puzzling face
There was one particular guide online that basically rearranged the sequence of events to maximize the number of X.0% occurrences (because those are when you can tell if you missed anything due to rounding/display) that does a far better job than the printed guides.

Anyone notice on the Trophy lists that FFX and X-2 now list "PS3 PS4 PS Vita"?

Squeenix social media already confirmed that PS4 version is cross-save/cross-trophies.

Vashetti

Banned
Anyone notice on the Trophy lists that FFX and X-2 now list "PS3 PS4 PS Vita"?

Squeenix social media already confirmed that PS4 version is cross-save/cross-trophies.

I know that. I just thought it was interesting they'd already updated the trophy listing.

Shizuka

There was one particular guide online that basically rearranged the sequence of events to maximize the number of X.0% occurrences (because those are when you can tell if you missed anything due to rounding/display) that does a far better job than the printed guides.

Do you remember which guide is that?

Guys I'm at 92% on FFX-2 and need some advice.

Firstly I just have the calm lands dungeon to unlock and really not looking forward to it as it involves a really boring task of constantly fighting fighting chocobos and capturing and redoing over and over until I have loads of bold ones or something. This seems like a right pain to do and very tedious. Is there any method or trick I need to look for?

Also i reached floor 20 of Via Infinito auto get both Crimson Spheres. What's the best way to tackle the later bosses and level up quick and what dress spheres to use for the rest of the game? I'm about level 60 for all three characters at the moment. I have one speed bracer two ribbons and mastered dark knight for two characters and alchemist for Yuna.

The rogue like Last Mission option how long does that actually take to complete? Can I save/die and continue or does it have to be done in one sitting?

I'm going for all the trophies but just have these left before I go up and finish the game for the platinum. It looks like 92% is correct at this point for me judging by the Split Infinity Guide I've been using and following closely.

being exclusive is what made me want to buy this game. i have it installed but i'm waiting to beat tlour before I start playing. i'm excited to get started though. as i've said before, this'll be the first ffs game I ever play.

should I play with the reworked soundtrack or the original for my first playthrough?

I know the popular opinion is that the original is way better, but I wonder if I start off with the reworked one that I won't hate it like everybody else does.

Demoskinos

So question is there some pre-requisite to race the chocobo at Remiem temple? I go up to him and press "X" and he squawks and jumps around but no option to ride him shows up and I've already got my licence. =|

Vashetti

Banned
Sorry to bump, but I've been trying to get back into the Vita version after not playing for over half a year.

I've captured all the monsters everywhere but the Omega Ruins and inside Sin, and I thought I would fight Jecht for the hell of it to see how my party stacks up. Got pretty far but then he destroyed me in his second phase where his HP jumps.

What's my next step in levelling up my party? They're too weak to fight the monsters in the Omega Ruins with the monster-capture weapons. Where should I level up? I was thinking of running through the Ruins with my Celestial Weapons and seeing if that makes a difference.

Sorry to bump, but I've been trying to get back into the Vita version after not playing for over half a year.

I've captured all the monsters everywhere but the Omega Ruins and inside Sin, and I thought I would fight Jecht for the hell of it to see how my party stacks up. Got pretty far but then he destroyed me in his second phase where his HP jumps.

What's my next step in levelling up my party? They're too weak to fight the monsters in the Omega Ruins with the monster-capture weapons. Where should I level up? I was thinking of running through the Ruins with my Celestial Weapons and seeing if that makes a difference.

Fastest way to level is with the Don Tonberry trick. Fight One-Eye in the monster arena until he drops Triple AP weapons for your characters. Put Overdrive -> AP on them, then either Double or Triple Overdrive.

Set the character you think you've killed the most monsters with to Stoic Overdrive, the others to Comrade. Have the stoic one attack Don, he'll get countered and killed, and that damage will get turned into AP for everyone. Do that until Don works his way to the front of the battle, then run away. Should be getting dozens of levels per attempt.

If you can't kill One-Eye yet, buy a couple blank weapons and just put Overdrive -> AP on them, and use them to level a little slower.

Also a good time to start making armor with Auto-Phoenix, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, and Ribbon/Stoneproof.

Vashetti

Banned
Fastest way to level is with the Don Tonberry trick. Fight One-Eye in the monster arena until he drops Triple AP weapons for your characters. Put Overdrive -> AP on them, then either Double or Triple Overdrive.

Set the character you think you've killed the most monsters with to Stoic Overdrive, the others to Comrade. Have the stoic one attack Don, he'll get countered and killed, and that damage will get turned into AP for everyone. Do that until Don works his way to the front of the battle, then run away. Should be getting dozens of levels per attempt.

If you can't kill One-Eye yet, buy a couple blank weapons and just put Overdrive -> AP on them, and use them to level a little slower.

Also a good time to start making armor with Auto-Phoenix, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, and Ribbon/Stoneproof.

Thanks for the info and quick response! :)

Banzai

I'm gonna need some help getting started on the creature stuff in X-2. Like, what's the fasted way to get people like Lulu, Tidus or Auron on my team?

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm gonna need some help getting started on the creature stuff in X-2. Like, what's the fasted way to get people like Lulu, Tidus or Auron on my team?
Pretty sure you need to beat the game once before getting any of the special characters (other than Brother).

Wichu

So I just started FFX for the first time and goddamn I can't stand Tidus. Does he get any less obnoxious later on, or will I have to put up with a blithering idiot for the entire game?

Falk

that puzzling face
So I just started FFX for the first time and goddamn I can't stand Tidus. Does he get any less obnoxious later on, or will I have to put up with a blithering idiot for the entire game?

He gets worse.

It's a contest of will to see if you break before he does.

Bladenic

Beat the big 3 stage boss that everyone knows, yay.

Lord knows this has been discussed to death, but I will never forgive them for ruining both Enemy Attack and Challenge. Especially Enemy Attack, the original was my favorite FF regular boss theme, now it has no impact. Challenge was ruined too, but less so. I hope Summoned Beast Battle is safe.

pottuvoi

Banned
Thanks for the info and quick response! :)
If you do not want to kill 999 enemies with all your characters the dark Ixion is quite nice choice for leveling as well.
It's fast so it's hard early, but single proper hit and escape can give quite bit levels. (99k hits.)

What is the best and quickest way to make a ton of gil ? I need millions of gil to bribe monsters in order to get the items required to craft Triple AP + Triple Overdrive + Overdrive->AP weapons.

What is the best and quickest way to make a ton of gil ? I need millions of gil to bribe monsters in order to get the items required to craft Triple AP + Triple Overdrive + Overdrive->AP weapons.

Go to Kilika and buy Tetra armor. Kill Kottos to get Healing Springs. Customize SOS Regen using the Healing Springs into Tetra Armor. Sell the result.

It's a profit of like 22K gil per and each Kottos kill is worth several.

In the event you aren't strong enough to kill Kottos, several Aeons (particularly the Magus Sisters) should be.

Go to Kilika and buy Tetra armor. Kill Kottos to get Healing Springs. Customize SOS Regen using the Healing Springs into Tetra Armor. Sell the result.

In the event you aren't strong enough to kill Kottos, several Aeons (particularly the Magus Sisters) should be.

Is this method faster than killing mimics in Omega Ruins with the Gillionaire ability ?

Vashetti

Banned

Is the Tetra armour in Kilika 4-slot? I missed Wantz so I can't buy from him.

Is this method faster than killing mimics in Omega Ruins with the Gillionaire ability ?

Way faster in my experience, because you aren't relying on luck to find the mimics. The only luck involved with the Kottos method is sometimes he'll give you Dark Matter instead.

This is the method I always use to get my AP weapons.

Later I mostly get money by selling drops from Earth Eater.

Is the Tetra armour in Kilika 4-slot? I missed Wantz so I can't buy from him.

It's 4 slots but one of them is already taken by some weak ability(HP+10%?)...this is not an adequate replacement, sorry.

Think if you're at the point you can take on Mimics that's what you should be focusing on.

Sorry, I should focus on Mimics or Kottos ?

Way faster in my experience, because you aren't relying on luck to find the mimics. The only luck involved with the Kottos method is sometimes he'll give you Dark Matter instead.

This is the method I always use to get my AP weapons.

Later I mostly get money by selling drops from Earth Eater.

Alright, I'll try this. Thank you.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I'm trying ta get into FFX-2 but the battles just won't gimme a break. I set it to wait mode but I can't take my time even with that cause apparently baddies can still keep refilling their bars and attacking! Oh and is Brother gonna be creeping on Yuna throughout every mission x.x?

I just got to the airships and want to start doing the side stuff. It's overwhelming how many things I can do. Can someone tell me in which order I should tackle this?

The things I'm aware I need to do is:

Getting Celestial Weapons
AP Farming
Gil Farming
Monster Arena stuff
Dark Aeons
Anima, Yojimbo and Magus Sisters.

I just got to the airships and want to start doing the side stuff. It's overwhelming how many things I can do. Can someone tell me in which order I should tackle this?

The things I'm aware I need to do is:

Getting Celestial Weapons
AP Farming
Gil Farming
Monster Arena stuff
Dark Aeons
Anima, Yojimbo and Magus Sisters.

I recommend the following order:

1) Celestial Weapons
2) Anima, Yojimbo, Magus Sisters
3) Finding every monster for the Monster Arena
4) AP Farming (you do this in Monster Arena with the unlocked monsters)
5) Dark Aeons

I don't remember ever farming for Gil.

I would recommend just getting 3 of the least tedious Celestials for you. I went with Tidus, Yuna and Auron. Chocobo games aren't that bad and Tidus had good overdrives. Yuna's weapon is easy to get and Aeons are extremely useful at that point. Auron's ODs are useful and Sentinel has value at that point. Catching monsters is time consuming (20 hours for me last time) but you get nice AP and Gil along the way. Just always save otherwise you'll likely trigger a Dark Aeon fight.

If you didnt pick up the crest or sigil for Tidus and Yuna early on you're pretty much locked out of them until you get super strong.

Don't bother grinding AP just for it. Later on with the proper setup you can go 0 to 99 in one 5 minute fight.
And yeah I never grinded gil for the sake of gil. You pick up tons of equipment drops that you can sell.

I would recommend just getting 3 of the least tedious Celestials for you. I went with Tidus, Yuna and Auron. Chocobo games aren't that bad and Tidus had good overdrives. Yuna's weapon is easy to get and Aeons are extremely useful at that point. Auron's ODs are useful and Sentinel has value at that point. Catching monsters is time consuming (20 hours for me last time) but you get nice AP and Gil along the way. Just always save otherwise you'll likely trigger a Dark Aeon fight.

If you didnt pick up the crest or sigil for Tidus and Yuna early on you're pretty much locked out of them until you get super strong.

Don't bother grinding AP just for it. Later on with the proper setup you can go 0 to 99 in one 5 minute fight.
And yeah I never grinded gil for the sake of gil. You pick up tons of equipment drops that you can sell.
Yeah. I screwed up with the sun sigil. Dark Bahamut is going to be impossible isn't it?

Hollycat

I don't know if it's because of an update or what, but X has become unplayable on vita for me. Sometimes it'll make it to the menu where you can select the game or eternal calm, but it crashes after selection.

Redownloading!!

Going for the plat on this and nearly broke my Vita trying to get 0.0 time on the chocobo race, I've put it down for tonight my wife could hear my teeth grinding.

flyover

I spent 2 long hours doing it last year.
I hate you ;_;

I still have never finished the chocobo race in 0.0. For whatever reason, I suck at it. The next time I play through X, I may pay someone in the Chicago suburbs to come over and run it for me.

Top Bottom