• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Sadist

Okay in FF-X2, chapter 4...

You need to find Tobli in the Moonflow area. So you run around and at a certain point you'll see Tobli running, tripping and running away again. When you start following him, eventually two guys catch up and run towards the entrance of the southbank. When you arrive, nobody knows where he is and there are two guys blocking the road. "Our men will catch Tobli soon enough." But that's the point, I never find the guy. When you exit towards the road to Djose the same scene plays again. And if you go even further, Yuna will stop moving alltogether. I can only pause the game now. So... how can I find Tobli? I've been doing this for an hour and it drives me crazy.

protonion

Playing this after so many years... Not my favorite ff, but good!

That lack of save point after evrae though...
I got trounced in the second fight and immediately remembered that I had the same experience 13 years ago!

Omaer

Banned
You're first time playing the game?

No. The first time I played it was 12 years ago. I spent god knows how many hours on that. It has always been one of my favourite games. So after all these years getting to play it again in HQ w/ some bonus stuff is nice. Although I have never fully played X-2. I have heard & read split opinions on the sequel. Time will tell I guess.

Vashetti

Banned
lmao this screen I got of Tidus on the PS4 version

CVB8J54WoAEk0HC.png:orig

Heya, I'm just finishing up an LP of FFX and I was thinking of doing a top 10 or 20 youtube video in relation to interesting story tidbits that people might not have noticed or overlooked in a playthrough. I've got a number of points in mind, but I'd be happy to hear if anyone else feels like there are any interesting tidbits to showcase. Anything interesting I myself might've missed/forgotten.

I was watching a top 20 video by Dansg here, and I've always wanted to do something similar, but more focussed on the story, not gameplay stuff like he has.

A few examples of tidbits I've got are:
1. Seymour being the first human the party kills.
2. Tidus being an Aeon
3. Salvaging the airship at the beginning of game (which Dan also points out)
4. Lulu referencing Vegnagun at the Moonflow

I care more for stuff shown in-game rather than outside comments
(so I'm not 100% sold on talking about Farplane = Lifestream)
, and a lot of these will feature my own interpretation on the story and extrapolating plot points through my own viewpoint. So it'll fact + opinions. Either way, any input would be welcomed!

lmao this screen I got of Tidus on the PS4 version

That looks like a perfect 'Haters gonna hate' pic.

iosefe

been enjoying some Blitzball, got myself a pretty strong roster
Kilika Beasts suck so hard

i'm sad for when i finally start x-2 it wont be the same

I just picked this up on amazon during the sale and am really enjoying it so far! I am starting on X but it feels vaguely familiar. Not sure how much of it I have actually played but however much it was was back in 2001 when it came out. I just finished the cloister of trials and am wondering how far I am from when I can start veering off the main story a bit. Can anybody let me know? Thanks!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So just purchased the game on PSN, and I need to know a couple things before I dive in. I am thinking about starting the game off with the Expert Sphere Grid, because...well it'd be brand new to me. But I have some reservations about that, so let me ask you

1. I absolutely AM going to use Lulu. I know she's the worst character in the game, but I intend to use her for the whole thing AND beat every superboss. I WILL watch her puppets slowly run to everything to attack...But I also want to max magic. Is it possible to get 255 magic AND make Lulu a physical powerhouse viable enough to slowly beat things to death with the Expert Grid? I am aware magic is useless but I want to max Lulu out. It's important.

2. Is is possible to permanently screw up the Sphere board in a irrecoverable way?

Vashetti

Banned
So just purchased the game on PSN, and I need to know a couple things before I dive in. I am thinking about starting the game off with the Expert Sphere Grid, because...well it'd be brand new to me. But I have some reservations about that, so let me ask you

1. I absolutely AM going to use Lulu. I know she's the worst character in the game, but I intend to use her for the whole thing AND beat every superboss. I WILL watch her puppets slowly run to everything to attack...But I also want to max magic. Is it possible to get 255 magic AND make Lulu a physical powerhouse viable enough to slowly beat things to death with the Expert Grid? I am aware magic is useless but I want to max Lulu out. It's important.

2. Is is possible to permanently screw up the Sphere board in a irrecoverable way?

1. Yes

2. No

You can't screw up the Sphere Grid permanently even if you really wanted.

It's impossible to max out everything (99999/9999 HP/MP, 255 stats) on any grid, but it's never impossible to max out the important ones. You just have to decide if you want to go for a 99999HP build or not (entirely optional even against postgame bosses).

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
1. Yes

2. No

You can't screw up the Sphere Grid permanently even if you really wanted.

It's impossible to max out everything (99999/9999 HP/MP, 255 stats) on any grid, but it's never impossible to max out the important ones. You just have to decide if you want to go for a 99999HP build or not (entirely optional even against postgame bosses).

Thanks. Makes me feel a lot better now. The prospect of permanently screwing up as keeping me from starting a game.

Falk

that puzzling face
In practical use though, if you mess up by going down wrong paths then double back on the Sphere Grid (especially Expert), it's completely possible to significantly stunt your growth throughout the main playthrough, in that you'd have to grind far longer to get to the same power level due to the XP curve prior to endgame.

Keep that in mind.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
In practical use though, if you mess up by going down wrong paths then double back on the Sphere Grid (especially Expert), it's completely possible to significantly stunt your growth throughout the main playthrough, in that you'd have to grind far longer to get to the same power level due to the XP curve prior to endgame.

Keep that in mind.

What if I stay in every character's main path, but deviate from time to time (Getting Yuna the black -ra spells for example?) but then I go back to their main path? Can't screw myself too much then right?

People have beaten the game (and 99% of the optional bosses) without using the Sphere Grid and Zanmato if that makes you feel better.

If you ever get stuck in a boss you can probably just keep nuking them with Aeon Overdrives.

Falk

that puzzling face
What if I stay in every character's main path, but deviate from time to time (Getting Yuna the black -ra spells for example?) but then I go back to their main path? Can't screw myself too much then right?

Eh, that's exactly what the Expert Grid is designed for.

I meant pointlessly going back and forth.

Faenix1

Not sure if there is a PS4-specific thread, but is upgrading to the PS4 version worth it?

Got the game on PS3 and was slightly disappointed about the PS4 version, seems everywhere is going out of stock on the PS4 version - of course I notice after i was $20 - so now i'm curious if the upgrade is worth it.

Falk

that puzzling face
Not sure if there is a PS4-specific thread, but is upgrading to the PS4 version worth it?

Got the game on PS3 and was slightly disappointed about the PS4 version, seems everywhere is going out of stock on the PS4 version - of course I notice after i was $20 - so now i'm curious if the upgrade is worth it.

Hard to answer with signs pointing to a PC release, depending how much you're into digital/PC.

stinkytick

Neo Member
Just a heads up for anyone buying the Vita version of the game. I bought mine in December 2014 and now that I've finished FFX, decided to redeem the FFX-2 token and it turns out the code was expired.

Tried to contact Sony and they told me the code expired on 31-12-2015 and there was nothing they could do, which ended up with me explaining that there were no mentions of Expiration Date on the case, and having to send photos of the box, papers and receipt to prove that this expiration date must be an error.

Anyway, as I am now waiting for an answer from Sony, decided to leave this here as a piece of advice for anyone buying the game for Vita now. As my code was expired, there may be a serious possibility that all the codes on shelves have already expired, probably buy digitally to save yourself from the headache...

stinkytick

Neo Member
This seems like a different situation where they extended the expiration date to solve that March 2014 problem, but ended up setting it too short.
I've tried to redeem the code again, and it looks like they already solved it.

B.K.

Does anyone know any good guides for blitzball in X-2? I'm playing X-2 and I'm up to Chapter 5 now. I want to do some blitzball for the accessories and trophy, but I can't figure out how to play it now.

Falk

that puzzling face
Usually takes shorter than a few hours. If all else fails start using caps in subsequent posts on the issue.

Chris R

Anyone good at Chocobo riding?

Been at it for 6 hours and I feel like smashing my controller to bits by now.

Please tell me you are using the d-pad and only tapping left and right, nothing else?

I've just reached that point in the game, trying to decide if I finish it now or if I keep going on the main story to at least Zandarkand. No-Encounter would be so fucking nice at this point since I'm kinda "overleveled"

Dinjooh

I appreciate the uplifting words, but just wrote down all the times for the past hour.

Doesn't look like there's much progress.

FbPbokL.jpg

Please tell me you are using the d-pad and only tapping left and right, nothing else?

I've just reached that point in the game, trying to decide if I finish it now or if I keep going on the main story to at least Zandarkand. No-Encounter would be so fucking nice at this point since I'm kinda "overleveled"

Unless you count constant swearing, then no - that's all I do.

flyover

Usually takes shorter than a few hours. If all else fails start using caps in subsequent posts on the issue.

That must be my problem. I've complained plenty, and I've still never finished it. I've rarely come close. Lightning dodging, no problem, but even after a dozen years, the race kills me.

I feel your pain, Dinjooh! My chart would look just like yours.

B.K.

I can't figure out the Creature Creator. I just caught Logos because I've read he's one of the best creatures, but I can't get him to do anything. I gave him Vigor and a few other filler abilities, but he always either uses Vigor if he has lost any HP, uses one of the other abilities, or does nothing. I can't get him to use Quick Attack at all.

Dinjooh

For me it was definitely worth it. Got it first on Vita, then on PS3 and now on PS4 aswell.

It was a small price to pay to be able to take my PS3 out of my living room. And then there's all the added benefits of being able to play on a system that's not 10 years old.

Dinjooh

I don't even care about double posting, Fuck yes, fuck yes, FUCK YEEEEEEES!!!!

Took another couple of tries this morning, was about to give up on my 10th try with no improvement, and got it on my 12th.

Chris R

Well, I'm finally just now starting the FFX end game grind. Almost done capturing stuff, then it's on to the weapons, and then the sphere grid... Also realized I've barely used any overdrives all game, so I'm way behind on Tidus and need to play a bunch of Blitzball :(

Vashetti

Banned
Playing on PS4 at the moment and I'm torn between wanting to laugh and throwing my controller.

I'm at the end of the Bevelle cloister of trials and Tidus just WILL NOT 'lock on' to the pedestal I need to push to claim the Knight Lance.

I almost feel like recording a video of it, I'm even using the d-pad to control Tidus and he just keeps running around the pedestal.

Edit: Ah I missed a Bevelle sphere so can't budge it. I didn't realise that the HP Sphere was the destruction sphere reward, thank fuck for that.

Chris R

Seriously thinking about moving my PS4 save back to my PS3 for the lightning dodging on a tube TV instead of trying it on my PS4 over HDMI... the lag is making this much harder than it was back when the game came out lol

Bladenic

I'm FINALLY playing X-2 HD further than I did. That LTTP thread ignited a fire. Still gotta finish X HD too.

I really wish X-2 had a hard mode. Psychic seems OP AF while Festivalist is kinda meh, kinda okay but I like the designs a lot. I'm guessing with creatures I could make my own hard mode by never using YRP other than bosses, I suppose. But that wouldn't be fun since I'd have no abilities. Maybe on NG+.

Top Bottom