• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster will feature a new 30-minute episode by Nojima

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Update: An audio drama set 2 years after FFX-2.

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/2486-fi...nute-episode-takes-the-form-of-an-audio-drama

Giving those at the event a sneak preview of the new story chapter written by series scribe Kazushige Nojima, game producer Yoshinori Kitase revealed that the 30-minute addition will take the form of an audio play, recorded with both the English and Japanese cast of the game.

The short preview featured Tidus, again voiced in English by James Arnold Taylor, recalling some of the final events of FFX and FFX-2. He sets the stage - it's two years later, and he has been given an all-new life to walk alongside Yuna.

According to the latest Jump, there will be a new episode at the end of the ending credits.

Thanks to raven777:

there will a be new episode written by Nojima at the end credit scene. Its about 30 minutes.

V_Ben

Banned
Oh god, here we go. This is where they link the worlds of X and XIII. And then Lightning is going to show up.

RPGCrazied

Like a 30 minute cutscene? Any gameplay? Maybe this is why voice actors are coming back, they didn't confirm it was for Last Mission, so this could be it.

Cheddahz

Banned
Is this really necessary? I don't want Square Enix to mess with FFX timeline and make it into some Kingdom Hearts shit. The series ended ten years ago and that's where it ended to end

I don't know how much more you can get out of the story to even warrant it unless this is at the end of X-2 and even then Last Mission takes care of a lot of the epilogue of both games.

Wishes it was a cut scene that follows that "X-3 tease."

RPGCrazied

I thought they said at E3, there wouldn't be any big changes. Something about not wanting to hurt nostalgia or something.

Tsunamo

At least they're not overestimating its length like the Interlude in Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection. I seem to remember that being played up to being way more lengthy than what it turned out to be.

I'm curious to see when it will be set.

doemaaan

Interesting. I wonder if there will be any dialogue. No, there has to be. Meaning the old voice actors will reprise their roles?

Oh heck yeah, I would love if there was an X-3!

But the more realistic side of me is wondering if this is just that "Eternal Calm" video that came out with the International version. It could be "new" since the US never officially got it I believe.

Ourobolus

Banned
It's going to be a "several years later" thing, where Yuna and Tidus are married and they are about to have their first baby.

I already have the script:

Tidus: I love you, Yuna. I'm so happy we're finally having a child!
Yuna: I am too, my love. I can't...oh! I think it's finally coming!
Tidus: It is? Wakka! Get some towels!
Wakka: Towels, ya? Ok!
Lulu: Yuna, stare at my breasts. Try to match your breathing with mine.
Yuna: Ok, ok...ah!
Tidus: I see it! It's coming! Why the hell isn't there a doctor in Besaid?
Yuna: AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Kimahri: ...
Tidus: Almost, almost here...there we go!
Baby: RIDE ZE SHOOPUF?
Tidus: Yuna, you BITCH!

Cheddahz

Banned
It's going to be a "several years later" thing, where Yuna and Tidus are married and they are about to have their first baby.

I already have the script:

Tidus: I love you, Yuna. I'm so happy we're finally having a child!
Yuna: I am too, my love. I can't...oh! I think it's finally coming!
Tidus: It is? Wakka! Get some towels!
Wakka: Towels, ya? Ok!
Lulu: Yuna, stare at my breasts. Try to match your breathing with mine.
Yuna: Ok, ok...ah!
Tidus: I see it! It's coming! Why the hell isn't there a doctor in Besaid?
Yuna: AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Kimahri: ...
Tidus: Almost, almost here...there we go!
Baby: RIDE ZE SHOOPUF?
Tidus: Yuna, you BITCH!
tidus-laugh-o.gif

ash_ag

I don't know how much more you can get out of the story to even warrant it unless this is at the end of X-2 and even then Last Mission takes care of a lot of the epilogue of both games.

Wishes it was a cut scene that follows that "X-3 tease."

X-3 would be
as unneeded as X-2 was needed, and would have to be a mostly different thing on the same world but
I wouldn't mind it.

doesn't X technically connect to VII?

Well, some choose to believe that.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Guys.
Guys.
Wait, wait.
This could be a teaser for the X prequel everyone hoped X-2 would be!
ok, no, but let me dream!

Stuart444

No matter the quality of the extra 'episode', there will be people complaining and people praising the extra scene.

I look forward to it though myself. It won't/can't hurt the quality of the actual games for me. :)

Interesting. If this is happening, I'll revise my earlier opinion and say that we could also be getting Last Mission after all (if they're bringing back the voice actors for this).

Would rather have gameplay additions/tweaks than new story content, though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wow, I don't know whether to be excited or nervous. I'm looking forward to it either way.

Well, at least it isn't by Toriyama.

new episode only available in Luca's theater mode after you platinumed both games.. BAAM!

seriously.. looking forward to that new episode.

Andrefpvs

Oh god, here we go. This is where they link the worlds of X and XIII. And then Lightning is going to show up.

Yuna looked at her child. He's grown immensely in just four years. She can't help but smile at him playing with his stuffed chocobo. He smiles back, then happily continues playing.

Suddenly, Tidus comes inside. He looks pale.

"Yuna..."

"You don't look so good..."

"Yuna this is... I can't believe this is happening."

Yuna can sense the tension in his words. She tries to calm him down.

"Hey, wanna scream? I'm sure it'll calm you down!"

Tidus looks right in Yuna's eyes.

"Yuna, a working replica of the Vegnagun has been found... Yuna, someone fired it, it's been fired."

"What are you..."

He grabs her shoulders and shakes her.

"Yuna, in five minutes Spira will be vaporized!"

"No... but why... wait, what about..."

The couple looks at their only child. His blonde hair and blue eyes remind Yuna of his father. She barely had time to process the information Tidus gave her, but she instinctively knows what to do. She grabs her son, and runs to Besaid Temple, Tidus storming right behind her.

When they arrive at Summoner's Room, Yuna places her child down. She hopes with all her strength that this will work.

"Please, take my left hand," she says to her husband, who she's never mentioned by name.

With her right hand, Yuna summons her long-hidden Summoner's Staff. Tidus is surprised. Yuna answers his silent question:

"I'll use the dormant power of the Aeons to send him to a different universe and time. If we use all of our strength, it just might work."

Tidus says nothing. He believes in her.

Yuna extends her right arm. She and Tidus close their eyes. Light forms from every corner of the room and connects to the staff. Their son is scared, and starts to cry.

"Don't worry, sweetie. Everything will be okay."

Yuna opens her eyes, and points the light-filled staff at her son. Tidus tightens the hold on her left hand.

A light beam shoots from the staff. The child's scared face begins to fade away, followed by his entire body.

Yuna and Tidus collapse. They use the last of their strength to speak one last time to their son.

"We hope you live a long, happy life... goodbye... Snow."

Feeling some real mixed emotions (ahem) here. I'm happy with how FFX was left, even though X-2 was a bit lame, but I'll be up for a Jecht/Braska prequel of sorts, even if in a short movie form. Turn into "The Jecht and Braska Adventures" and have 10, 5 minute short animations.

Or maybe it's a video of looking back at FFX and a lot of "Please be excited" teases.

Completely agree, where's my hard mode?

I feel like new passive equipment abilities, new game+, tweaked overdrive balance, tweaked Celestial Weapon balance, or better ways of boosting aeon stats would have required very little work, in fact (no new content would need to be generated; it'd mostly be a matter of tweaking some numbers and adding a few more). Hard mode would be lovely, but I do understand that it'd require a whole new round of QA testing to check the difficulty level. Ah well.

Manu

Yuna looked at her child. He's grown immensely in just four years. She can't help but smile at him playing with his stuff chocobo. He smiles back, then happily continues playing.

Suddenly, Tidus comes inside. He looks pale.

"Yuna..."

"You don't look so good..."

"Yuna this is... I can't believe this is happening."

Yuna can sense the tension in his words. She tries to calm him down.

"Hey, wanna scream? I'm sure it'll calm you down!"

Tidus looks right in Yuna's eyes.

"Yuna, a working replica of the Vegnagun has been found... Yuna, someone fired it, it's been fired."

"What are you..."

He grabs her shoulders and shakes her.

"Yuna, in five minutes Spira will be vaporized!"

"No... but why... wait, what about..."

The couple looks at their only child. His blonde hair and blue eyes remind Yuna of his father. She barely had time to process the information Tidus gave her, but she instinctively knows what to do. She grabs her son, and runs to Besaid Temple, Tidus storming right behind her.

When they arrive at Summoner's Room, Yuna places her child down. She hopes with all her strength that this will work.

"Please, take my left hand," she says to her husband, who she's never mentioned by name.

With her right hand, Yuna summons her long-hidden Summoner's Staff. Tidus is surprised. Yuna answers the silent question:

"I'll use the dormant power of the Aeons to send him to a different universe and time. If we use all of our strength, it just might work."

Tidus says nothing. He believes in her.

Yuna extends her right arm. She and Tidus close their eyes. Light forms from every corner of the room and connects to the staff. Their son is scared, and starts to cry.

"Don't worry, sweetie. Everything will be okay."

Yuna opens her eyes, and points the light-filled staff at her son. Tidus tightens the hold on her left hand.

A light beam shoots from the staff. The child's scared face begins to fade away, followed by his entire body.

Yuna and Tidus collapse. They use the last of their strength to speak one last time to their son.

"We hope you live a long, happy life... goodbye... Snow."

Yuna will be fine. Moms are tough.

I wonder what they will do with it. I'm sure they will be careful not to ruin the original game at all but I'm curious to know what it will be about and when it takes place.

Either way it's a nice bonus

Top Bottom