• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI Fighter 1.0 Released (Oh gosh, what?)

Kokonoe

Banned
FFXI Fighter Trailer

http://www.soverance.com/blog/archives/131

Unleash the power of the ultimate fighters in Final Fantasy XI! Relive epic battles from the acclaimed online RPG in this new fighter from Soverance Studios. Created using Elecbyte’s M.U.G.E.N. engine, enjoy arcade action, two player versus, co-op team modes and more!

This project was developed in 4 days in an attempt to simply familiarize myself with the M.U.G.E.N. fighter engine. After a total of maybe ~30 hours of work, I present to you the Final Fantasy XI – Fighter.

Exciting 2D fighting action
26 playable characters
9 stages in familiar Final Fantasy XI locales
Relive 17 musical scores from the official soundtrack to FFXI
9 different gameplay modes, from classic arcade to multiplayer co-op
PC gamepad compatible!
You can download the full game at:

http://www.soverance.com/downloads/FFXI_Fighter.zip

Mirror #1 http://www.filedropper.com/ffxifighter (7zip archive)
Mirror #2 http://www.fileswap.com/dl/H1Q2CjN3H/ (7zip archive)

###############################################################

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Download and unzip the file ‘FFXI_Fighter.zip’ to any directory of your choice
Run the application ‘Final Fantasy XI – Fighter.exe’
Fight!
###############################################################

Hope you enjoy the game!

DdLj1.jpg
9lZxI.jpg

KYF6N.jpg
rIFp5.jpg

Kind of wacky, but in a cool way. I'm downloading this now to give it a whirl.

Playable characters

Kamlanaut (Rise of the Zilart villain. Zilart)
Buront (Elvaan PLD)
Ayame (Hume SAM)
anekonin (Mithra NIN)
Shantotto
Maat (Maat's Cap guy)
Zeid (Galka DRK)
Tonberry (Joke character, it's a sprite)
Nekomo (Mithra MNK)
Cactuar (Joke character)
Ryu San (DRG Elvaan)
Gadalar (White Gate Hume)
Naji (Bastok Hume)
Sirohime (Hume WHM Sprite)
Necorsair (Mithra Corsair)
Akaneko (Mithra RDM)
Ace (Hume DRK)
Worm (Joke character)
ryutan (Tarutaru DRG)
Gulool Ja Ja (White Gate Boss)
Puppetmaster (Elvaan PUP)
Kitana Ninjya (Hume NIN)
Cloud Strife (Sprite character)
King Behemoth

Ploid 3.0

I'm in love, I hope it plays well. This would be the perfect game for me lol. Ninja blink tanking in a fighter haha. Man I want this. Wish it was official and a better quality, but this looks good enough.

Mandoric

Banned
Isn't this just the Japanese characters that have been around forever in one batch download with a quick and dirty UI slapped on? :| He certainly didn't make 26 characters himself in 30 hours, even being able to animate in modelviewer, and stuff like Buront's cut-ins or the Mithra monk's moves look a lot like the ones here several months or several years ago.

muu

for a second I thought they finished work on the FF11 fighter that was being made on 2ch by the guy behind La Theine no Hoshi and a bunch of other people (who never got their part of the job done). Had a very well made 2d sprite animated thief character fully built but nothing more.

RSLAEV

4 days?? how do you even compose the characters and get the sprites you need in that amount of time?

skarabrae

Banned
I actually wanted to make a RPG beat-em-up (a la old school Dungeons and Dragons from CAPCOM) with the use of the 3D model viewer for Final Fantasy XI but am not experienced with game programming, so I'm happy someone else had a similar idea. Definitely going to check this out.

Sgblues

LOL everyone is free to King Behemoth, just spamming thunderbolt, no one can take my defending ring.

I'm sad there's no Genbu, Prishe, Lilisette, Chigoe, Dhalmel, Courier Carrie, Fenrir, Carbuncle, Diabolos, Malboro, Chocobo, Moogle, Porrogo or even the dreaded "Tanaka" in this.

Worm is awesome though haha

Oh god, 7 years of ffxi, finally had to put it down for good this spring (boyfriend got jealous this timesink of a game). Totally going to get this so I can play my PUP and DNC again, Pup being my one true love of ffxi.

Ploid 3.0

This just makes me want a single player FFXI all the more. FFXI-2, this is a game that deserves it. Pick any class, get visible gear, visit all of the zones. Garrrrrh!!

Loona

Some of those characters have been around for ages, so the guy probably just slapped every FFXI character and stage he found together in ready-to-use package - I'd be surprised if the characters all had a cogerent control sustem between, let alone a semblance of balance.

That being said, if something like this had a Blue Mage implementation as flexible as FFXI itself that was quicker to set up, Ono would have a character customization system to emulate that could succeed where SFxT's gems failed.

Kokonoe

Banned
You got a character/job list?

Here you go.

Kamlanaut (Rise of the Zilart villain. Zilart)
Buront (Elvaan PLD)
Ayame (Hume SAM)
anekonin (Mithra NIN)
Shantotto
Maat (Maat's Cap guy)
Zeid (Galka DRK)
Tonberry (Joke character, it's a sprite)
Nekomo (Mithra MNK)
Cactuar (Joke character)
Ryu San (DRG Elvaan)
Gadalar (White Gate Hume)
Naji (Bastok Hume)
Sirohime (Hume WHM Sprite)
Necorsair (Mithra Corsair)
Akaneko (Mithra RDM)
Ace (Hume DRK)
Worm (Joke character)
ryutan (Tarutaru DRG)
Gulool Ja Ja (White Gate Boss)
Puppetmaster (Elvaan PUP)
Kitana Ninjya (Hume NIN)
Cloud Strife (Sprite character)
King Behemoth

Mandoric

Banned
Okay, I downloaded this to make sure before I called people out, and...

It really is just this dude finding all the 2ch FFXI Mugen characters he could, slapping them in a zip file with his own title screen, and saying he made a game. Not even the newest versions, most of them date from 2008 or 2009--if you don't believe me, look in the "chars" folder, they've still got all their original readmes and dates plus the corruption that comes from opening and then resaving Japanese filenames on English Windows.

There's even a few (like Z4Tonberry) by western MUGEN guys, if you can't read the Japanese readmes well enough to find the actual credits.

This is just kind of sad and shameful.

Ezalc

Kind of off topic, but whatever happened to that fighting game with the shit load of video game characters being made by those two dudes? It was like all sprites and had people from all over, Master Chief, Samus, Cloud, Link, they had cards on their site or something. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Nakazato

No thf males me Q Q

But SE Take Note. Would like a ff fighting game with different the different classes and it plays like sf/bb/p4a

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Kind of off topic, but whatever happened to that fighting game with the shit load of video game characters being made by those two dudes? It was like all sprites and had people from all over, Master Chief, Samus, Cloud, Link, they had cards on their site or something. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Card Saga Wars. -- Official Web Site

It's about time we get a new update on it... it has been a while!

Top Bottom