• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII (PS2) is still a gorgeous game

Slowdive

Banned
Well don't. This is happening right now.

Not sure if true or not.

bnKxqyE.png

5useJ3I.png

Not a confirmation but a shimmer of hope.

Please be true.

I'm still a junior!

And...guys, as excited as I am, it pains me to say we should not take this as confirmation!

Gamescom is just around the corner. We'll see...hopefully.

I'm actually expecting the announcement at Gamescom now. Thought it'd be at TGS.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I mean like someone should ask Square Enix. Like in the media. Or twitter. What's the twitter. I will brave the darkness and ask.

So, from a quick search, this was at the Distant Worlds Music From Final Fantasy event happening today at the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, with both Arnie Roth and Hitoshi Sakimoto hosting?

It says after the show, there is a post-show meet and greet with Sakimoto. Someone ask him for confirmation, stat

Mcdohl

So, from a quick search, this was at the Distant Worlds Music From Final Fantasy event happening today at the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, with both Arnie Roth and Hitoshi Sakimoto hosting?

That is correct. I forgot to give more context, my bad.

Yes, Hitoshi Sakimoto was there!

Einhandr

Please be true.

I am at Distant Worlds and the crowd was very confused. He was talking about the FF7 remake and the crowd was clapping and cheering. Then he mentioned Sakimoto being here and then mentioned the FF12 "remake" and it was a mix of applause and "whaaaaa!?" in unison.

I mean like someone should ask Square Enix. Like in the media. Or twitter. What's the twitter. I will brave the darkness and ask.

I'm starting to think he said this because he knows the official announcement of the remaster is really close so it wouldn't be a big deal talk about it a few days early. At least I hope =p

I never played this FF game, I played MOST FF Games but not this one.

I've never even seen video's of this one. This is the only FF game of which i know pretty much NOTHING about lol. I agree it looks nice.

These are the FF that i did not play.

FF8 - Altho the combat trailer with the crazy music was insane! This one i skipped. I rented this one, played the intro, saw the boat landing thing, ran around a bit and said EEWW what's this. Stopped it there and never gave it a chance.

FF10-2 - The all girl cast annoyed me, and yes i'm a girl. The girls from ff10 for some reason all became dumb bimbos in this release. All that pop music bleh nope. Stopped at the beginning.

FF12 - Rented it. Got to the first FIGHT in the game, and i WENT wow what the hell did they do to battles. I think i died and stopped there. Never gave it a chance and bothered watching youtube vids or anything about this one.

FF13 - Gave it a chance, but i ended up face palming often at the game. I got to a part where you fight your first summon, Never managed to beat the damn summon in the ice place, and i said FUCK THIS game. I was already forcing myself to keep going by this point saying, it's going to get better but no. I just stopped.

You must be thinking wow this person hates FF games. Nope i played, completed all the other ff games except for the mmo's.

FF6 I have completed 8 times lol, FF7 at least 3-4 times and FF9 5 times.

But yeah FF12 looks pretty, and fun. But i just couldn't handle the weird battle system.
:(
I'm still waiting for a good FF game since ff10...

I am at Distant Worlds and the crowd was very confused. He was talking about the FF7 remake and the crowd was clapping and cheering. Then he mentioned Sakimoto being here and then mentioned the FF12 "remake" and it was a mix of applause and "whaaaaa!?" in unison.

I'm at this event and it indeed was announced.
Apparently there's a meet and greet after the event, perhaps just a line-up to a table to get sigs, etc, with both Roth and Sakimoto. Maybe someone can ask there and get confirmation.

Hope this is true, this was the only mainline FF title after the PS1 era I truly loved, and I'll happily double dip on PS4 and Vita for it.

Einhandr

Apparently there's a meet and greet after the event, perhaps just a line-up to a table to get sigs, etc, with both Roth and Sakimoto. Maybe someone can ask there and get confirmation.

Also Sakimoto is sitting in the seat directly in front and diagonal from me. I should poke his shoulder and ask!

But yeah FF12 looks pretty, and fun. But i just couldn't handle the weird battle system.
:(
I'm still waiting for a good FF game since ff10...

don't know what to tell ya. that game with the 'weird battle system'? that is the only good ff game since ffx. not to mention, one of the best of'm all...

thinking you might wanna try it again? :) ...

DeSolos

On a possibly related note, this was from Video Game Orchestra's(working on FFXV) Facebook on June 26:
11427255_703844646427513_270269405729232923_o.jpg

Great photos from the session with SoundtRec Boston and Hitoshi Sakimoto. The session went great and our musicians sounded fantastic!

Wait a minute, he said "remake" not "remaster"?
Either way, It'll be a great news.

So, Gamesom announcement?
Is SE going to be there?

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper has put me on a bit of a FF nostalgia binge recently, and reading up about FF III led me to reading about XII, and finally onto watching this video:

Final Fantasy XII: Esper Deathblows
And it struck me how gorgeous this game is, even now. It has definitely aged a bit now, and is showing it. But I am constantly amazed by how good this looked on the PS2.

tumblr_mxt5szoSKQ1rh9i5co3_250.gif
tumblr_mc7jw6wOXb1qbxlono1_500.gif

QQQBasch-2.gif
tumblr_mp2kddE8I81redp2to1_r6_250.gif

I honestly find the visuals more appealing than 13 or 15.
And it's not just the graphics either. The character design (except Vaan), monster designs and the world itself were all amazing.

Do you think this game is in need of a current gen remaster like X? or do you think it holds up better and doesn't need it?

Either way a remake would be very cool, perhaps finally giving the west chance to play the International Zodiac Job version.

Yep game still looks great on ps2. Can be hacked for true widescreen or 480p as well.
Remake or remaster gonna be awesome.

Kalentan

Maybe a weird complaint, but I hope in the remaster they make the color around their pupils actually white. It looks at times like it's just skin with a pupil sticking out rather than a full eye. Though perhaps it's just me.

tuxfool

Banned
Maybe a weird complaint, but I hope in the remaster they make the color around their pupils actually white. It looks at times like it's just skin with a pupil sticking out rather than a full eye. Though perhaps it's just me.

honestly I rather like that stylistically. It is a more direct translation from character sketches. It also avoids the problem that many games had since (and still have today), where characters look dead eyed at times.

Razmos

I kept hoping to hear something every time this thread was bumped. ehe, how exciting.

I made this thread at the right time for optimum hype, yesss

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I think everyone in the game could use a bit more color in their faces. There's tons of color in this game, but everyone's head textures felt like they were accidentally converted to sepia tones.

Top Bottom