• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE rated by the ESRB

Rating.

Platform: PlayStation 4

Rating Category: Teen

Content Descriptors: Mild Blood, Suggestive Themes, Violence

Rating Summary: This is a role-playing game in which players help resistance fighters free their country from Imperial rule. As players travel through a fantasy world, they interact with characters and engage in turn-based combat against enemy soldiers and creatures (e.g., skeletons, spirits, dragons). Players use swords, firearms, and magic spells to defeat enemies; battles are accompanied by battle cries, sword slashes, and light effects. Some sequences depict additional acts of violence: a character impaled in the chest with an arrow; a character stabbed in the chest with a knife. One scene depicts a corpse on a throne with a bloody stab wound. Some female characters wear outfits that reveal large amounts of cleavage and/or buttocks.
The expected rating.

So basically the same rating. While that's neat it doesn't point to a release soon. Expect it in Feb/March when FFXV has run its sellthrough to the most ardent of fans.

Kain

Man, I had never read one of these before

This is a role-playing game in which players help resistance fighters free their country from Imperial rule.

Yep, that's a little bit minimalistic but that's FFXII.

As players travel through a fantasy world, they interact with characters and engage in turn-based combat against enemy soldiers and creatures (e.g., skeletons, spirits, dragons).

Eh, yes, ok

Players use swords, firearms, and magic spells to defeat enemies; battles are accompanied by battle cries, sword slashes, and light effects.

I imagine a dead eyes goverment worker from Brazil (the movie) reading this in a monotone voice

Some sequences depict additional acts of violence: a character impaled in the chest with an arrow; a character stabbed in the chest with a knife. One scene depicts a corpse on a throne with a bloody stab wound.

Wow that got dark fast. Also spoilers, dudes!

Some female characters wear outfits that reveal large amounts of cleavage and/or buttocks.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrr cleavage? On XII? Huh? Buttocks yeah, but I don't really remember boobs in XII :/

That was weird to read.

Hopefully this is releasing soon* I always meant to pick this up on PS2 and just never did. The first Final Fantasy game I was really interested in.

*in S-E time, so within the next year.

Great news. Hopefully people who tried the original but had issues with it give this a try, in my opinion it's a big improvement and makes for a great game.

Byvar

This, along with the anniversary being in March probably means it'll come out around March-April 2017. Can't wait!

Luigi87

Really looking forward to this. Wanted to try out the Zodiac Job System for quite a while.

Also Balthier is the best FF character.
Aside from Terra.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrr cleavage? On XII? Huh? Buttocks yeah, but I don't really remember boobs in XII :/

That was weird to read.

latest

Lynx_7

Some 4 or 5 years later, I think I'm ready to give this another shot. Hopefully the improvements are enough to sway me over this time. Not going to pay full price though, will wait for the price point to lower a little bit.

18-Volt

So the idea of a vita port is dead then?

It turned into idea of Switch port.

Seriously, FF12 is a long ass game, it took me more than 2 years to finish on PS2. I don't have 80 something hours to sepnd in front of a TV. I need it to come out on a portable system, i don't care which, Vita, Switch or mobile.

It turned into idea of Switch port.

Seriously, FF12 is a long ass game, it took me more than 2 years to finish on PS2. I don't have 80 something hours to sepnd in front of a TV. I need it to come out on a portable system, i don't care which, Vita, Switch or mobile.
Remote play?

Top Bottom