• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 dated for December 2011 in JP, FFXIII PS3 gets easy mode patch

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
You can now beat XIII by holding up on the analog stick and mashing the action button.

Seda

Easy mode? The game was easy to begin with.

I think XIII-2 is a small step in the right direction (see the screen of the demo map), but we can't truly judge anything at this point.

Does the patch also make the changes to AI (better prioritization of Haste, IIRC) that the JP 360 version had? Do we know?

edit: I can't remember what else was added to the 360 version. Better drop rates, maybe, but that may have only been in Easy Mode.

BocoDragon

Calcaneus said:
That's pretty soon, especially for Square.
Its pretty easy to pick some art assets off the cutting room floor and mash them together into a "game".

Cels

IIRC easy mode makes you do a lot more dmg to enemies who are staggered. IDK what else it changed. Game was already easy to begin with though...Auto-battle hahaha.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
they should make a way to do the extra battles on gran pulse in an easier way than to travel to each one by foot.

DR2K

Banned
PataHikari said:
SE speeding up game development is a good thing

Yeah at least now they have an excuse when they rush out a product that's half finished and absolutely terrible.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder how they'll make the game easy...

Maybe no need to do paradigm shifts?

FF13 isn't that easy especially later on since enemies are actually tough in the game. People are just saying so as an excuse to keep bashing the battle system or are already pretty good to begin with.

Regardless of what people think, more RPGs need a variety of difficulty modes, even classic ones.

Seda

KittenMaster said:
FF13 isn't that easy especially later on since enemies are actually tough in the game. People are just saying so as an excuse to keep bashing the battle system or are already pretty good to begin with.

Regardless of what people think, more RPGs need a variety of difficulty modes, even classic ones.

It really only gets a bit tricky in the very last chapter, or if you wander in the wrong place in Gran Pulse.

Seda said:
It really only gets a bit tricky in the very last chapter, or if you wander in the wrong place in Gran Pulse.
That's true for a lot of players, but I still felt FF13 was harder than most other FFs to some degree, and a bunch of other games. I can see why they would add an easy mode to the game.

Lightning

Banned
The fuck... Easy mode? The entire game is one easy mode.

Allowing you to restart the battles anytime, die restart the battle, instantly heal after each battle etc... and the battles were not even that hard. I went through the entire game and never once did I get doomed unless I was doing battle with a summon.

Seriously easy game...

BocoDragon

I have no problem with giving people easy modes... it's just that for XIII, a game whose only real entertainment value is in the strategy of the (already infinitely continuable and escapable) battles, it seems to me that an easy mode would destroy the last bastion of fun this game still had.

hteng

Banned
i didn't like FFXIII's battle system, the AI seems pretty stupid and you will game over if your current controlled character dies, kinda pointless if there's a raise spell in the game.

V_Arnold

BocoDragon said:
I have no problem with giving people easy modes... it's just that for XIII, a game whose only real entertainment value is in the strategy of the (already infinitely continuable and escapable) battles, it seems to me that an easy mode would destroy the last bastion of fun this game still had.

Not if you do not play the easy mode, you know

So I'm guessing this "easy mode" patch only applies to the Japanese SKU?

I do have a JP copy...but I can't read Japanese. What about the HK English copy?

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
jetsetfluken said:
So I'm guessing this "easy mode" patch only applies to the Japanese SKU?

I do have a JP copy...but I can't read Japanese. What about the HK English copy?

I'm pretty sure it applies to all versions/regions.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Kagari said:
Makes it so the enemies drop items easier, plus battles are easier to win.

! Can you switch anytime or just on a new game? Would be nice to have easy mode for those farming trophies.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
maybe Easy Mode makes the last chapter fun.

Diablos

FFXIII "Easy Mode" is a brilliant troll, gotta hand it to S-E for that.

Anyway, I was listening to Kagari's podcast and it sounds like the English VA and text has taken priority over Japanese. Even the JP trailers have English voices with Japanese subs.

I guess they're developing it for PS3 first and then giving themselves another 3 months to port it to 360. The dreaded wait, meh.

Aeana

Diablos said:
FFXIII "Easy Mode" is a brilliant troll, gotta hand it to S-E for that.

Anyway, I was listening to Kagari's podcast and it sounds like the English VA and text has taken priority over Japanese. Even the JP trailers have English voices with Japanese subs.

I guess they're developing it for PS3 first and then giving themselves another 3 months to port it to 360. The dreaded wait, meh.
Huh? It's already running on 360. The 360 version is shown in the trailer.

hteng said:
i didn't like FFXIII's battle system, the AI seems pretty stupid and you will game over if your current controlled character dies, kinda pointless if there's a raise spell in the game.
I never had issues with my characters being stupid in FF13. This is funny.

Replicant

DO NOT WANT easy mode.

Just give me back "Kimi ga Iru Kara" as the ED song. Whatever english song they used to replace it is so inappropriate for that scene.

Diablos

Aeana said:
Huh? It's already running on 360. The 360 version is shown in the trailer.
Heh, didn't realize that. Why the wait, then? Worldwide release would be nice if the 360 build is already legit.

Top Bottom