• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Demo on PSN U.S. January 10th & 360 WW/PSN E.U. Jan 11

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Announced in this week's PS Blogcast. Thanks to Wario for the find.

Square Enix Members via Stuart444 said:
Posted by Ben Bateman on 06/01/2012
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 demo coming to X360 and PS3

Today we’re excited to confirm that a FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 demo will be coming to Xbox 360 from January 11th 2012, PlayStation 3 (EU) from January 11th 2012, and PlayStation 3 (NA) from January 10th 2012.

So grab your diary and save the date. We’ll be looking at what the demo brings in a blog post soon, so keep checking back for more.
Source: https://member.eu.square-enix.com/en/blogs/final-fantasy-xiii-2-demo-coming-x360-and-ps3

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Will play. Is there a FFXIII demo?

survivor

Banned
Any guess what section might be playable?

I don't know if I will download the demo if it's too big. I'm getting the game for sure so I don't have much need to try it out.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'll have a chuckle to myself if it's just the Lightning section and that's it.

The Bresha Ruins section is most welcome, though.

Awesome to hear there will be a demo. I have been on a media blackout on the game, but I am willing to have just a taste from the demo.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Certainly not downloading it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
RPG demos never seem to work.
The second Type-0 demo was alright. The first one was sub-par. In general, RPG demos aren't very good, but if this lets you tinker with the system a bit (which is the only thing I'm interested in the game for), that's okay.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same demo from events like NYCC, GamesCom or E3, though. Did the battles in those demos have the same balance as the actual retail game, I wonder? Or were they more or less the same?

Yeah, that's a good point. Many a time I've played an RPG demo and disliked it, then played the full game and liked it. For example, I didn't like the demos of Tales of Vesperia and Eternal Sonata, but I really liked both of them once I played the full game

zlatko

Banned
Will try this for sure. FF13-2 will be my first 60 dollar purchase of the year I think. Either this or The Old Republic.

I except the demo to be as on par as the FF13 one was.

Phenomic

The second Type-0 demo was alright. The first one was sub-par. In general, RPG demos aren't very good, but if this lets you tinker with the system a bit (which is the only thing I'm interested in the game for), that's okay.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same demo from events like NYCC, GamesCom or E3, though. Did the battles in those demos have the same balance as the actual retail game, I wonder? Or were they more or less the same?

I think I logged 6 hours with the Japanese Type 0 demo needless to say I enjoyed the experience.

Hopefully I will enjoy the FF13-2 one because I'm on the fence about even buying the game because of how busy I will be this semester.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Will try this for sure. FF13-2 will be my first 60 dollar purchase of the year I think. Either this or The Old Republic.

I except the demo to be as on par as the FF13 one was.
That hard Behemoth at the end of the FFXIII demo? :lol

I was so disappointed that battle wasn't as difficult in the retail release, but then I remembered that I didn't have magic at that point like the demo did.

I remember liking the FFVIII and FFX demos a lot.

Respawn

Banned
Announced in this week's PS Blogcast. Thanks to Wario for the find.

tumblr_lxcmzsMHyv1r28ha4o1_250.gif

StuBurns

Banned
Could be a good idea, if they over ship and don't sell well out the gate it'd get slashed pretty fast. I was certainly going to wait for the £20 kind of area, but a demo could push me to day one.

I don't know...I didn't HATE the FF XII demo.

...and I loved the FF VIII demo (but ended up disliking the game).

It'll be a crapshoot but most interesting of all will be that we get a chance to see what Square learned from FF XIII.

RPGCrazied

Nice. I'm assuming NA, since its already out in Japan. Lol. Though I wonder where it'll be to avoid spoilers and stuff.

Top Bottom